Thread: Jared McCann in PIT

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Jared McCann in PIT

Hey guys,

In one of my dynasty roto leagues (15 team, G,A,Pts,Pim,PPP,SOG,H,BS), I'm more than $3M over the cap (using AAV) and still have Kunin and D.Toews signings to go.

My question is, with McCann clearly not in the Pens top six (I'm pretty sure it's Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Zucker, Kapanen, Rust), is his $2.94M AAV worth hanging on to? I would try to trade him, but most of the guys in this league are going to understand why I'm trying to deal him.

Any point predictions for the coming season? Could he snag a top six spot from Zucker, Kapanen or Rust? I can't see him hanging on to anything but PP2 minutes.

What are the prevailing thoughts for the Pens forward heading into next season? Has McCann's productivity in PIT come to an end?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Jared McCann in PIT

If you have cap issues, he's a drop. His path to the top 6 is injury dependent, or a Zucker/Kapanen flameout. I think Rust's year keeps him there through the ups & downs.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like McCann and don't think he's overly expensive, but at the same time, he's never had more than 35pts in a season. He would have eclipsed that mark last year if the season had carried on, but to what extent more is unknown. Maybe he got to 40pts.

Either way, if he's nothing more than a 40ish pt guy, he's expendable to me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I've watched a lot of Pens games and I like McCann. However, I don't see Sullivan giving him a significant opportunity in the top 6.

They want him to be the 3rd line center. If he succeeds at this, then he'll stay there regardless of a top 6 injury. If he fails at this, he'll move to the LW where he'll wait for a Zucker/Guentzel injury.

Either way, I wouldn't hold $3M for him.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras