Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nolan Patrick

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Nolan Patrick

Thanks for the input guys!

To give clarity to my league and my ''dilemma'' with Patrick.

It's a keep 15 (12 team league). You can either keep 15 players if you protect only 1 goalie or keep 14 if you protect 2 goalies (my case). Players with 82 GP or less are protected and don't count towards keepers (for goalies it's 41 GP or less).

I had a bad season last year and Patrick's owner at the moment was competing, he gave me his 1st and Patrick (to balance out rosters) for Domi and a 4th. Injuries came up and he finished in bottom half of league. Prior to that Patrick was being passed around like a hot potato.

Now I have 11 players I need to protect out of 14 and that gives me more than enough room to protect him. My protected players are Jack Hughes, Glass, Vilardi, Zadina, Caufield, Bean and Broberg.

If he would of signed a bigger contract, we wouldn't be here discussing him. But at .875 cap hit there is debate.

I do believe he still has it in him to bounce back and just by watching the highlights you can see he has the talent to do so! BUT like everyone says the injury issue is alarming and it's still unclear if he will play. I've also watched the 7 minute interview where he's almost on trial and he seems like he has a chip on his shoulder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UqI...nnel=SPORTSNET

I'll probably keep him and sleep on him, worst comes to worst I can stash him in minors or trade him with a pick for another player.

I still have a month before the drop so feel free to debate some more and change my mind!
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Initiate

You guys still have a lot of doubt with his start of the season? What's his future upside?
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not blowing me away or anything yet but he's been pretty good. I really don't have a long term outlook because I want to see a full healthy season from him first.