Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [SIGNED] Thornton with the Leafs

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: [SIGNED] Thornton with the Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Maybe he's there to help them finally win a playoff round first. Or maybe not...

Attachment 4939
    Btw, this here also was funny. Just as funny as “the combined age of the Leafs potential Jay,Joe&Wayne line is 110 years old.”

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Maybe this thread can get me to 11K posts. It’s been WAY TO LONG

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    What about the D zone. PK? Isn’t that where you want a player to “slow things down”? How often do we see depth players at $700K be a factor in the main offensive attack?

And, the best pitchers have not only a great Fastball, but killer breaking stuff at the right time here and there. Joe And Jay... breaking stuff.
    I mean. If you’re signing Spezza and Thornton for their defensive and PK acumen then we need to have a different conversation.

Dobber Sports Deity

On a serious note, who actually IS going to kill penalties?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Kerfoot, Mikheyev/Barabanov to start

edit: I should add that it, if they aren't traded/make the team

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Marner can be added to that. They do need a Kapanen replacement. Not sure who that will be yet.

I’m not really sure joe not Spezza we’re signed for their perceived acumen. They can still play and provide some leadership. I kinda wish if they were to sign some old stars, they would have targeted ones who have cup experience... but again, to think Dubas signed either of those two to be substantial offensive Or defensive factors ON THE ICE Is likely not the plan. The Leafs will have three lines to provide Offence and 1 to Wear the competition down. Simmonds won’t play in the 4th line. I doubt simmonds plays with both J’s on a line.

Dobber Sports Expert

Marner can be added to that. They do need a Kapanen replacement. Not sure who that will be yet.

I’m not really sure joe not Spezza we’re signed for their perceived acumen. They can still play and provide some leadership. I kinda wish if they were to sign some old stars, they would have targeted ones who have cup experience... but again, to think Dubas signed either of those two to be substantial offensive Or defensive factors ON THE ICE Is likely not the plan. The Leafs will have three lines to provide Offence and 1 to Wear the competition down. Simmonds won’t play in the 4th line. I doubt simmonds plays with both J’s on a line.
    Barabanov very much strikes me as a poor man's Kapanen. Speed for days, likes to skate the puck out of his own zone, aggressive after it when his team isn't in possession, and, unfortunately, has trouble finishing in front of the net.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Barabanov very much strikes me as a poor man's Kapanen. Speed for days, likes to skate the puck out of his own zone, aggressive after it when his team isn't in possession, and, unfortunately, has trouble finishing in front of the net.
    Hope you’re right. But does he make the squad?

Dobber Sports Titan

Mikheyev, marner, kerfoot, Hyman to kill penalties in my head.

Dobber Sports Expert

Hope you’re right. But does he make the squad?

Maybe? Being waiver-exempt could easily be the only thing that keeps him from making the team on opening day. I do think Dubas went hard after him specifically to replace a Kapanen he planned to move. The thinking being Barabanov can do 2/3 of what Kap can do at 1/4 the price or however analytics guys think. Barabanov is basically 1/3 Jason Giambi is what I'm saying.

Dobber Sports Master

Ok, Dat Dere was funny! I don’t care who your are Dat was funny!
    insert disappointed ladys face when habs drafted kotkaniemi gif .

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    insert disappointed ladys face when habs drafted kotkaniemi gif .
    I was more interested in the lady sitting on the steps when he walked past her on his way to the stage.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Mikheyev goes to arbitration Wednesday. He's at least going to want what Mangiapane got if not a little more. His scoring was better than Mangiapane's (23 pts in 39 games vs 32 in 68). That right there gets him to probably $3 mil...
    So, I mean, I'm not sure how a guy gets $3 mil in arbitration having only played 39 games in the NHL, regardless of what his per/game comparables are. He might be the best of the guys who have played 39 games, but guys having only played 39 games likely don't crack $1 mil. Mikheyev's a little different given his age and KHL experience, but I doubt he cracks $2 mil here. Mangipane has 122 games to base his play on comparably.

For what it's worth, Mirtle has Dermott and Mikheyev coming in around $3 mil combined. They will likely be squeezed hard given the pandemic and current roster moves from Dubas.

Administrator

Curious how arbitration goes for those that go to the hearing considering the flat cap...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Curious how arbitration goes for those that go to the hearing considering the flat cap...
    As far as I know the arbiter is still not permitted to consider the cap when making a ruling. On-ice performance and comparable peers are the only factors in the arbitration process. Who's Mikheyev's peer though?