Thread: Farabee or Kahkonen?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Farabee or Kahkonen?

Hello all, I'm in a new dynasty league which has 24 teams. We've just finished our prospect drafting and everyone voted to open up trading of prospects (still no Inaugural draft), no draft pick trading, just those already drafted.

Here are the details that are relevant

• 24 teams
    • 2 Goalie Active Positions (was unanimously agreed on by everyone)
    • 3 Minimum starts per week
    • Based off of last years starts there are 12 goalies in the top 100 players (Hellebuyck, Vasi, Rask, Price, Andersen, Binnington, Markstrom, Blackwood, Bishop, Fleury, Lehner and Rittich) with Varlamov & Crawford just missing out.
    • Goalie Pts are scored as followed: Assists (3), GA (-3), Losses (-1.5), Saves (0.5), Shutouts (5), Wins (3.5) but you can see all the scoring here

As you can see, goalies are very highly valued in this league, I already have Nedeljkovic as well as a couple of longer term prospects. I have the 23rd and 28th pick going into the draft, I am almost certainly going to take a goalie at 28, would you trade Farabee for Kahkonen? I was actually going to take Kahkonen before Farabee, but he got picked up, given Minny just signed Talbot I assume that's why the owner is more willing to part with him for a player taken about 9 picks after.

My thinking is right now to stick with Farabee unless I can get an additional piece?
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

The Great One

Default Re: Farabee or Kahkonen?

I prefer Farabee in a vacuum.

Even with the goalie values youve listed- Farabee has a relatively safe floor with sky high upside. KKs floor is literally career backup. Id go for a more established goalie for Farabee. I think youre underrating his trade value- hes widely coveted....

Dobber Sports Expert

Kahkonen is not likely to help you much this year. And long term not sure how valuable he is in terms of ultimate upside. If moving Farabee, I would likely target a goalie I know can help me now.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep Farabee. KK isn't enough if we're not sure he's in the NHL, and we're now pretty sure he's NOT in the NHL.

I disagree with the Emu on Kahkonen's floor - it's not career NHL backup, it's possibly not in the NHL. Do I think he's a NHL caliber goalie? Yes, but I'm not sure. And with goalies, if you aren't sure, that's not their floor. Goalies go from regularly in the NHL to not in the blink of an eye sometimes, and moreso when they aren't truly established.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.