Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NHL 21

Administrator

Default Re: NHL 21

Micro transactions and extra spending in general need to go. It takes their focus away from making a good video game.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    That's one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. The last thing I would want is a sports game where I need to keep spending money on to enjoy the game. I much prefer the buy the game, enjoy the entire game model.
    Warzone/MW is easily the strongest platform in the last 10yrs.

None of it is "have to keep spending money", it's a model where it's free to play an online mode (let's say like just a basic online match) but multi, GM, Be a Pro is part of the paid game (regular game price, $80 to get this one time fee). However, some how monetize the "free to play" where there is an option to buy something that's mostly cosmetic.

In COD they do bundles where you get gun blueprints, player skins, vehicle skins for a price. You don't ever need to spend money in COD Warzone, but if you want to you can buy the game to get the campaign, and multiplayer. You can level up guns quicker in the paid version of the game, but you don't need to buy the game at all to have access to Warzone.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

I have no idea how to perform this with a sports game because you would need to completely revamp the way it's built, but there's a reason why COD games completely outduel sporting games.

In-game purchasing is the way video games make their money now. Put in a free to play option where you can earn player cards to upgrade your team, or you can buy a set of cards for $XX. Or you can earn the cards quicker if you buy the whole game outright.

People who are intrigued by the game download the free version, people who are dedicated will buy the full version. If you pull 10% of the intrigued people into the bought version you increase sales if all is done right. NHL sporting games are not pulling in new customers anymore, they need a way to do it.

Or maybe they're avoiding that because the amount of loyal customers they'd lose because they'd download the free version before buying the full game and get disgusted by the product and never buy it.

Dobber Sports Icon

So I am about to start a franchise and I am trying to figure out which team I should use. I think I have it narrowed down to Anaheim, Nashville and New Jersey for various reasons. Which team should I use and why?

Dobber Sports Immortal

So I am about to start a franchise and I am trying to figure out which team I should use. I think I have it narrowed down to Anaheim, Nashville and New Jersey for various reasons. Which team should I use and why?
    None of those 3 teams do anything for me haha.

Dobber Sports Icon

I have my rosters ready enough to start my NHL 21 franchise with the Anaheim Ducks. I chose Anaheim for a number of reasons including a nice selection of jerseys, a nice combination of aging stars (Getzlaf, Backes, Kesler!), potential stars (Steel, Terry, Zegras, Drysdale, Dostal), a star goalie (Gibson), players that I like a lot (Lindholm, Djoos) and a fellow Dino Alumni (Kodie Curran). They are also a team that is not expected to do well so it will feel good when I win a few Cups with them.

My question though is how can I get the TB Lightning under the salary cap to start my franchise? If they are not under the cap, the salaries for all their players get reduced by the necessary percentage to get them under the cap. Either that or the game signs their 3 RFAs to 1 year, $1M contracts. I don't like either of those options.

My idea is to send Tyler Johnson and Yanni Gourde to teams that can afford them. Which teams should I send them to?

Dobber Sports Jedi

In the next update they need to add a Covid Arena mode. play your season without fans.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    In the next update they need to add a Covid Arena mode. play your season without fans.
    Random players get added to the COVID list where you can't use them, with a slim possibility of an outbreak if you enabled bubble mode.

Dobber Sports Immortal

My question though is how can I get the TB Lightning under the salary cap to start my franchise? If they are not under the cap, the salaries for all their players get reduced by the necessary percentage to get them under the cap. Either that or the game signs their 3 RFAs to 1 year, $1M contracts. I don't like either of those options.

My idea is to send Tyler Johnson and Yanni Gourde to teams that can afford them. Which teams should I send them to?
    Don't you just have to worry about the teams youre playing as?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Random players get added to the COVID list where you can't use them, with a slim possibility of an outbreak if you enabled bubble mode.
    Even better a Be A Pro mode where part of the game turns into a RPG where you have to manage your life in the bubble.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Even better a Be A Pro mode where part of the game turns into a RPG where you have to manage your life in the bubble.
    press square to put on mask.

rapidly smash x to handle taking a covid test.