Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NHL 21

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default NHL 21

Releases today or tomorrow.

Updated Be A Pro mode. Some cool updates to Franchise mode. And most importantly....a NHL 94 mode!!!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NHL 21

This will prolly be the first yr in about 10yrs I won't buy the game. Things change come December though and I might. I won't spend full price on it though.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Is the Be-A-Pro any more interactive than when they first rolled this out? I haven't bought NHL for a few years now because nothing was updating significantly aside from rosters and jerseys. WOuld be nice if they had more video style dialogue and less "chat box" style interaction.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    This will prolly be the first yr in about 10yrs I won't buy the game. Things change come December though and I might. I won't spend full price on it though.
    Me either. It's always $30 or $40 in December.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Is the Be-A-Pro any more interactive than when they first rolled this out? I haven't bought NHL for a few years now because nothing was updating significantly aside from rosters and jerseys. WOuld be nice if they had more video style dialogue and less "chat box" style interaction.
    Supposedly there are some updates to make it closer to the NBA 2K BAP mode.....but last year was definitely all text boxes. I always get bored of it and end up sticking to Franchise.

Dobber Sports Giant

I love doing franchise drafts. Just wish the computer would mix it up a bit from draft to draft as they tend to select the same guys and have a similar drafting partern (i.e. leaving older players available and stocking up on youth as of the 5th round).

I also love the added dekes/moves. Although I suck at that fine tuning aspect of the game (I’m the king of one-timers and cheapy side of the crease goals however), they look sick!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Administrator

Haven't spent a dime on EA since like 2012. Not surprised they're getting bad reviews. They're in the same boat with other sports.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

I have only played NHL 21 for a few hours but it's the best gameplay ever in the series history. It's a subtle improvement over last year but it's noticeable that it is better. I have not yet started a franchise or a Be A Pro but have played a few games and it feels/looks like it's going to be good.

My plan is to spend the next week working on the rosters to make them to my liking / good enough to use and then I will get the career things started.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

My plan is to spend the next week working on the rosters to make them to my liking / good enough to use and then I will get the career things started.
    Don't they have roster updates for that sort of thing?

Dobber Sports Icon

They released one roster update that added some a few of the transactions and, I think, they added the results of the 2020 NHL draft. The ratings are terrible across the board. There's no rhyme or reason to any of them as they just try to rank players based on their overall rating. I like to fine tune the ratings so the players actually seem a bit different from one to the other.

The default rosters are also missing a lot of the prospects since EA only has rights to certain leagues. This means that anyone who played in the KHL or NCAA/USNDT are not in the game and won't be for a few more months. I am going to spend some time making sure all of the players I want in my league are in it and then fixing the existing players so they match up to what I think their ratings should be. I will also go in and adjust prospect potential as EA's NHL ratings people are terrible in general.

Dobber Sports Immortal

They released one roster update that added some a few of the transactions and, I think, they added the results of the 2020 NHL draft. The ratings are terrible across the board. There's no rhyme or reason to any of them as they just try to rank players based on their overall rating. I like to fine tune the ratings so the players actually seem a bit different from one to the other.

The default rosters are also missing a lot of the prospects since EA only has rights to certain leagues. This means that anyone who played in the KHL or NCAA/USNDT are not in the game and won't be for a few more months. I am going to spend some time making sure all of the players I want in my league are in it and then fixing the existing players so they match up to what I think their ratings should be. I will also go in and adjust prospect potential as EA's NHL ratings people are terrible in general.
    Ah gotcha. So similar to the Show....except they allow roster sharing which is amazing.

Stuff like that makes me really believe that all of the developers are not hockey fans.

Dobber Sports Icon

The Show has the greatest rosters in all of sport simply because of roster sharing. If EASports had that, it would make the game SO much better.

Dobber Sports Immortal

The Show has the greatest rosters in all of sport simply because of roster sharing. If EASports had that, it would make the game SO much better.
    Very true. The only downside is the 2 week wait for the amazing mods to get that first great roster out. But yes obviously it's the best.

Dobber Sports Titan

The revive the franchise, they should prolly do a free-to-play portion of the game. Where it's free to play some form of the game, but then monetize the section. Play to upgrade skates, sticks, gloves, what have you but then have bundles you can buy to change something.

But then make it easier to upgrade things in the pay-to-play section. Model your next version exactly after Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2019.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

That's one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. The last thing I would want is a sports game where I need to keep spending money on to enjoy the game. I much prefer the buy the game, enjoy the entire game model.