Thread: Aho trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Aho trade

10 team dynasty, H2H...Cats G, A, Pts, +/-, SOG, PPP, Hit, Blk, FOW
    No salary cap, 26 player roster, starting - 4C/LW/RW, 1F, 6D and 2G

I am trying to upgrade a few players on my roster (my team is pretty stacked) and the player I am trying to upgrade on is Rob Thomas.

One player I am targeting is Aho and the Aho owner tabled this trade but I am unsure if it is too steep.

Aho for 2nd overall in 2020 prospect draft, Rob Thomas and 2022 1st prospect draft (probably pick 9 or 10)

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Aho trade

Presuming there's no salary cap, and (from the sounds of it) you're competing now, I'd do that. Who knows what that 2022 turns into, and you're not gonna get Aho straight up for Byfield. Thomas strikes me as a pretty reasonable sweetener (I'd probably want more if I was on the Aho side). Would maybe depend a bit on roster size/positions...
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    Presuming there's no salary cap, and (from the sounds of it) you're competing now, I'd do that. Who knows what that 2022 turns into, and you're not gonna get Aho straight up for Byfield. Thomas strikes me as a pretty reasonable sweetener (I'd probably want more if I was on the Aho side). Would maybe depend a bit on roster size/positions...
    Sorry...correct, no salary cap and yes, competing now.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What about rosters/positions?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)

Roster

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    What about rosters/positions?
    Man, I forgot a lot of info in the OP...my bad.

26 player roster, starting 4C, LW and RW, 1F, 6D and 2 G
    25 minor league player limit

I added this info to the OP.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Still think I do it. You're gonna be sad if Byfield goes first (he won't), but otherwise you're looking at Byfield being back in junior next season (most likely), and then even with a stellar trajectory he's going to take a couple seasons to match Aho's output. Thomas might make it an even argument after next season, but hopefully by then you've won a championship.

I'd definitely wait to see what some other people have to say before pulling the trigger though.

Also I just realized it's roto, and I'm fairly green there. Still think you come out ahead, but yeah, see the above paragraph :P
    Ice Cap

Roster

in a heartbeat, if byfield puts up aho numbers you will be lucky take the proven, but also shop the 2nd before you do it, its the time of year people go gaga for unproven high rated players

Dobber Sports Ace

Go for it.

Aho is an elite talent who will give you elite numbers that Thomas + Byfield will only maybe achieve. This is one of those trades that can significantly launch your team into a championship. You've acquired equity in Thomas and the 2nd and at some point you will want to cash the equity in to advance your rank in your league. Now is that time.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Veteran

Aho side !
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev