Q Hughes (4 year)
    Draisaitl (3 year)
    Hall/Seguin (2 year)
    Shesterkin (R)
    Picks: 1-1-3-5-5-6-7-8-9.

Option C:

Draisaitl (3 year)
    Hall/Seguin (2 year)
    Hart (1, 2 years, 4 year not an option as he was my rookie carry over)
    Q Hughes (R)
    Picks: 1-1-3-5-5-6-7-8-9.

Notes:

*Shesterkin maintains rookie status in 20-21, so while I have the option to carry him over into 20-21, I could also carry him into 21-22 (if I don't have a new rookie worthy of carrying over yet going into 21-22).
    *Hart is limited to 1 or 2 years if I keep sign him because he was my rookie carry-over, but I'd rather not have three guys at 2 years, and no real point signing Hart to 1 year if I can sign Hughes to 4 and have Shest as my rookie, plus Hart & Shest seem similar.
    *Meier is not in the picture anymore in 2 scenarios because I'd be trading him along with a 4th rounder (Pick 56, since I got that pick from a team that finished near bottom), who would then buy him out (3 years x 50$/year).
    *In any case, I can try to re-draft whoever I don't hang onto (I've drawn interest in Hughes and Shesterkin so far, but just from a team with Top 2 keepers in the league, so not looking to help him out and I'd rather keep those guys and try to move Samsonov if possible). In the case of trying to re-draft Meier, at least then I wouldn't be tied to a contract and can see how he looks next year (I acquired him as a 4 yr already after 5 games last season, expecting a better year, so if I keep him would have to live with that length, or could top him up to 4 which clearly doesn't make sense).
    *My league is forward dominant keeper wise, but so far from talks I've had, aside from the rookies I've mentioned from my squad, Makar will also be not available in draft, and then regular keepers Vas and Carlson won't be available, to name some guys D and goalie wise.
    *Obviously it would be nice to keep a goalie with Top 5 upside, and a D that is already ranked Top 5 (NHL.com), and is at worst probably Top 10 right now, vs a forward in Meier who is just another 50-60 point guy right now (with upside), although there is merit to keeping a 4th forward given we start 2 c 2 lw 2 rw 2 d 1 skt 1 goalie, and Seguin is starting year on IR, but there will obviously be the most forwards available in the draft still, so in any case I'll have options. Rare year where there were stud rookie D and goalies right out of the gate, and I had a really strong rookie contingent on my team.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Interesting trade Option

Can you clarify what you mean by (3), (2), etc.?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean by (3), (2), etc.?
    Referring to keeper length, sorry updated!
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

The Great One

It's hard to follow because I have no idea how many contracts you can keep, at how many years.

There's also no salary cap, but a buy out cost?

I like the team with Quinn at 4 and Shesty as a rookie the most. But to be honest, I don't think anyone can possibly understand your league based on the way it is presented. Or I could just be especially dumb tonight. That's a strong possibility...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    It's hard to follow because I have no idea how many contracts you can keep, at how many years.

There's also no salary cap, but a buy out cost?

I like the team with Quinn at 4 and Shesty as a rookie the most. But to be honest, I don't think anyone can possibly understand your league based on the way it is presented. Or I could just be especially dumb tonight. That's a strong possibility...
    My signature has the league info, are you not seeing that? It shows up on my end, the only thing I removed was my 19-20 roster, I left my projected keepers/rookie though.

We are a keep 4 plus rookie carry over league (aren't required to carry rookie over, but it is there as an option/nice to have, especially if you have a good one), and no cap but there is a buy out penalty if you want to get out of a contract, in the form of $.

It started out as 4 yr 3 yr 2 yr 1 yr in the beginning, but we've been running for over a decade so not every team will have a 1-2-3-4 in any given year, just depends on trades and such, the draft etc. We even have the option to have a 5th keeper (and forfeit a 1st rounder), but that is just getting complicated and into the rules (ie: team without a 1st and what happens then), that and I can't even point out an example right now of where that's been done, since would be so rare if it's happened at all, but it's an option).
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

anyone else?

Dobber Sports Genius

Q Hughes (4 year)
    Draisaitl (3 year)
    HART
    HALL
    Shesterkin (R)

If you can make that happen that is what I would do.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"