Thread: Samsonov, Jarry or Holtby?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Samsonov, Jarry or Holtby?

Can only keep one of these guys. Regular stats - GAA, W, SV, SV%, SHO. Multicat h2h partial keeper.

I am thinking Samsonov but would like to hear any other perspectives.

It looks like Jarry has the Pens net now. But we also don't really know how he'll perform over a full season.

Holtby has been my keeper goalie for a long time; it is probably time to cut him loose. He could split starts with Demko but for some reason this situation reminds me a bit of the Jets acquiring Steve Mason to work with Hellebuyck and we know how that went. Especially with Holtby's declining play, he seems like a risk here.

Assuming there's no more goalie moves from these teams, is Samsonov the guy?

Will rep where I can.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Default Re: Samsonov, Jarry or Holtby?

Yeah I'm going Samsonov. Jarry a close second but I feel a lot more confident about the team in front of Samsonov. Holtby is a hard pass.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For next season I'm going Jarry>Samsonov>Holtby

Jarry just forced the pens to move out their two time cup winning goalie who is still well under the age of 30. Regardless of that Murray struggled a bit, that is a strong display of confidence in Jarry. Also, you know that he's going to be getting a heavy majority of the starts.

Samsonov is just a slight bit lower for me between the Lundqvist signing and his recent injury. With such a strong second option in Lundqvist along with Samsonov's relative inexperience I wouldn't be surprised if the two end up in a 1A and 1B situation thats pretty even for starts.

As you pointed out, it looks like Holtby is there to mentor Demko and ease him into the starting role, hence him at the bottom here. I don't think we'll see a situation quite like Helle and Mason, but my best guess is that Holtby is the 1A this year, perhaps switching to the 1B by the end of the season if Demko shines. And then he'll be dangled to Seattle in the expansion draft if they feel Demko is ready.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yeah I'm going Samsonov. Jarry a close second but I feel a lot more confident about the team in front of Samsonov. Holtby is a hard pass.
    Seconded.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    For next season I'm going Jarry>Samsonov>Holtby

Jarry just forced the pens to move out their two time cup winning goalie who is still well under the age of 30. Regardless of that Murray struggled a bit, that is a strong display of confidence in Jarry. Also, you know that he's going to be getting a heavy majority of the starts.

Samsonov is just a slight bit lower for me between the Lundqvist signing and his recent injury. With such a strong second option in Lundqvist along with Samsonov's relative inexperience I wouldn't be surprised if the two end up in a 1A and 1B situation thats pretty even for starts.

As you pointed out, it looks like Holtby is there to mentor Demko and ease him into the starting role, hence him at the bottom here. I don't think we'll see a situation quite like Helle and Mason, but my best guess is that Holtby is the 1A this year, perhaps switching to the 1B by the end of the season if Demko shines. And then he'll be dangled to Seattle in the expansion draft if they feel Demko is ready.
    Good call pointing out the major injury Samsonov had. I hadn't thought about that as much - something to look into.

Let's say I can get Lundqvist in the draft or via trade (this a very deep league where holding a goalie handcuff is commonplace), would you feel more comfortable with Samsonov over Jarry then? Or is Jarry still your guy despite that

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry