Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1st PP in Calgary?

The Great One

Default Re: 1st PP in Calgary?

who led Calgary in PP time last year among the dmen?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Gio, then Rasmus, but Gustafsson topped both after the trade.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Gio, then Rasmus, but Gustafsson topped both after the trade.
    How did Hanifin have 5 PP points and Andersen 4? Someone must bounced the puck in off of Hanifin 5 times while he was disatering his way around the ice.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

there was a time when Gio was putting up similiar numbers to Hanifin at the start of their respective careers. One difference is Gio was 26 to 30 yrs old in those first years while Hanifin was 19 to 23 yrs old. Granted a couple of those seasons Gio did not play a full slate of games but also he did average more PPTOI. There may be better options than Hanifin on the PP but I think its fair to say he hasn't fully developed.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    How did Hanifin have 5 PP points and Andersen 4? Someone must bounced the puck in off of Hanifin 5 times while he was disatering his way around the ice.
    Like I said. Run your team as you like and let your league mates take advantage.

Dobber Sports Novice

Not a fan of Hanafin myself. I’ve seen enough and don’t think he steps into PP1. I prefer valimaki long term.

No need to shit on each other over an opinion you don’t like or agree with. Take it at face value and move on.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i agree with majority, Hanafin is not an offensive guy, i dont think he ever will be. And on the team with Valimaki and Andersson he wont even be given a fair chance imo.

This year i think Gio and Andersson will share PP1

starting next year: Valimaki .....Andersson as needed (injuries, maybe poor play from time to time)
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Baga Chips View Post
    Not a fan of Hanafin myself. I’ve seen enough and don’t think he steps into PP1. I prefer valimaki long term.

No need to shit on each other over an opinion you don’t like or agree with. Take it at face value and move on.
    AKA rataylor's usual MO.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    AKA rataylor's usual MO.
    tweeters too

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    tweeters too
    Both of you: go get tested first and then go hug it out!!!
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I remember back in the day when these forums were actually busy. Too bad Dobber lets the 10,000+ guys constantly be ********. I miss the JHMs who would actually give more than a sentence or two in a post and try to give meaningful help and not attack any opinion that doesn't align with their own. They got tired of this kind of junk though and have long since left. This post has literally been hijacked for your two to argue with one another. Sad that it isn't uncommon for that to happen here.

For the original poster - I believe Gio will likely be the top D on PP1. Don't expect him to bounce back to 74pt pace though. I would be a lot more comfortable in the 35-45pt range, with 15PPP or so. Gio has only surpassed the 20PPP plateau twice. There is a lot of speculation longterm, I would urge you not to get too concerned about the longterm. Anything beyond 3 years is too forward thinking to be accurate. Valamaki seems to have 2-3:30PP toi upside. That could quickly be changed though if they draft, trade for, or sign an offensive only dman. A Girard/Barrie/Gardiner type (not these exact names) could easily slip in and become the new PP1 guy, making it so Gio and Val lose 30-90seconds a game. E.g. Poink in WPG limits Morrissey but the coaches don't care because Morrissey not being on PP1 allows him to be more effective as ES & PK.

Hanifin has showcased throughout his career that he can shoot the puck decently. I suspect we will see him regularly shoot 5-8g as he has his whole career so far. I do not believe he takes the next step offensively though. He is a full meal kind of guy and coaches generally like to take some of the offensive responsibilities away inorder to over depend on them defensively. His 21:10 TOI is wonderful but I suspect he remains in the 30-90 seconds PP TOI range. His PP role in some cases is Beauchemin like. Yes he can shoot, but he is also on the ice to ensure PP2 doesn't get scored on. Longterm i think he is more comparable to a Dekeyser/Orlov/EJ/Petry type. Logs big minutes (20-23min toi +) but more in the 30-40pt range. His PK toi will climb more than his PP. Petry being his absolute upside. Great for the NHL, not as sexy for fantasy.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by red36 View Post
    I remember back in the day when these forums were actually busy. Too bad Dobber lets the 10,000+ guys constantly be ********. I miss the JHMs who would actually give more than a sentence or two in a post and try to give meaningful help and not attack any opinion that doesn't align with their own. They got tired of this kind of junk though and have long since left. This post has literally been hijacked for your two to argue with one another. Sad that it isn't uncommon for that to happen here.

For the original poster - I believe Gio will likely be the top D on PP1. Don't expect him to bounce back to 74pt pace though. I would be a lot more comfortable in the 35-45pt range, with 15PPP or so. Gio has only surpassed the 20PPP plateau twice. There is a lot of speculation longterm, I would urge you not to get too concerned about the longterm. Anything beyond 3 years is too forward thinking to be accurate. Valamaki seems to have 2-3:30PP toi upside. That could quickly be changed though if they draft, trade for, or sign an offensive only dman. A Girard/Barrie/Gardiner type (not these exact names) could easily slip in and become the new PP1 guy, making it so Gio and Val lose 30-90seconds a game. E.g. Poink in WPG limits Morrissey but the coaches don't care because Morrissey not being on PP1 allows him to be more effective as ES & PK.

Hanifin has showcased throughout his career that he can shoot the puck decently. I suspect we will see him regularly shoot 5-8g as he has his whole career so far. I do not believe he takes the next step offensively though. He is a full meal kind of guy and coaches generally like to take some of the offensive responsibilities away inorder to over depend on them defensively. His 21:10 TOI is wonderful but I suspect he remains in the 30-90 seconds PP TOI range. His PP role in some cases is Beauchemin like. Yes he can shoot, but he is also on the ice to ensure PP2 doesn't get scored on. Longterm i think he is more comparable to a Dekeyser/Orlov/EJ/Petry type. Logs big minutes (20-23min toi +) but more in the 30-40pt range. His PK toi will climb more than his PP. Petry being his absolute upside. Great for the NHL, not as sexy for fantasy.
    +1 red
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Both of you: go get tested first and then go hug it out!!!
    No need for a test - already had it. I'm up for hugs anytime.

@red36. I am guilty of engaging when my opinion was called out. But I do not routinely crap on guys here. And if you're so moist for the good old days and all the good info then maybe you should be here more often to enlighten us. It's always easier to be the grumpy old man complaining about "back in my day" (you did join a full 10 months before I did). Why don't you make it better and contribute? You seem to know what your talking about and I find the hockey info in your post useful.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would like to add that I value rataylors contributions, not that that matters to anyone, nor should it, but I dont see it mentioned, so I felt the need to do so. Sometimes on the boards folks suffer from recency bias or koolaid-like hype and it is refreshing to find opinions that break the trend and offer disparate insight to the general consensus. I've been around lurking these boards for quite some time, over ten years, and I've seen people get ants in their pants over mere opinions, and that they are informed that theirs is silly, and god forbid that they differ from their own. I didn't wholly mind bigev's take on more than a few sens (ok that's going too far into hyperbole, it got ugly in the end for sure, not lumping one in with the other). I don't think this thread has gone anywhere sinister or sad, and I feel if two gents yaw back and forth that's more for me to skip over to get to the next informative post, and isn't that difficult to accomplish. It's obvious then to me they may be passionate about something. It's human nature. And surely, not all of us are made of...not the strongest stuff, shall I say? I'll say it again, in this age of information it is imperative to hear out differing opinions and findings to come to our own conclusions. People don't take me seriously when I discuss the Canes, but I've been right more often than not, and now that the Canes are solidifying themselves as a legitimate franchise rather than a flash in the pan or a blast from the '06 past (god what a tremendous roster that was) I get aggra for my sometimes cynical viewpoint. I may be old school but I do feel when a player is traded not all clubs are interested in "you have to give to get" but rather making it someone else's problem. Not that Hanifin is a liability but he's not the fifth overall godsend in fantasy that we were hoping for. I am interested in Andersson's development and overall ceiling and I feel we've all seen enough to determine a side, but I would still like to hear from the Dobber forum faithful what their take might be on that because I value all of the opinions that are discerning and well-articulated, and I damn sure can look past any haughty or assumed advice being that this is all free and as always, helpful in some way. Pardon for the rant, but I felt it needs to be said, what with the stuff I've read in recent and years past. Carry on, then.

The Great One

I am intrigued by Calgary's PP situation and feel there is an opportunity there for someone to step up (be it Valimaki or Andersson). I also strongly feel that Calgary is going to acquire someone at some point to be their PP guy...perhaps someone like Gostisbehere or Dumba (two names I've heard may be on the market). Calgary has a history of bringing in dmen, so I don't think they are going to stand-pat with the current dmen on their roster. I mean, apart of Giordano, Hanifin, Tanev, and Andersson, I feel like they could easily add another two dmen to their lineup right now, leaving Valimaki as the 7th and either releasing Kylington or sending him to the minors.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98