Thread: Goalie Grab

The Great One

Default Goalie Grab

Ill probably wait two more picks (I pick in twos' at the end and beginning of the round btb) but in that time Ill probably grab my 4th and final goalie to shore it up. Who do we like as an active guy (can look at prospects later)

Gibson- Great goalie on a bad team.

Mrazek- Never seems to be the answer and they might even trade/sign another goalie and they still got Nedj knocking at the door.

Ullmark- My personal fave and the Sabes have dodged the goalie train so far!!

Murray- Contract is yuck

Bob- Id have to bulldoze my roster to make space.

Raanta- Hes got to get traded- imagine he the starter in Shy Town!!! Tied for favorite

Greiss- I think hell surprise on an improving detroit team with a chip on their shoulder. Reasonable price. I feel like if the others are taken hes a good fallback

Tater tots?????

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Goalie Grab

Honestly, I might move Greiss to the top of that list were I you. Only $2M and he may get enough volume of shots thrown at him to win you the saves category each week without dragging down GAA too much, let your other goalies worry about wins. Use the $8M difference between him and Bob to improve your team elsewhere.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Honestly, I might move Greiss to the top of that list were I you. Only $2M and he may get enough volume of shots thrown at him to win you the saves category each week without dragging down GAA too much, let your other goalies worry about wins. Use the $8M difference between him and Bob to improve your team elsewhere.
    I like that. Hell likely slide too so I can shore up my D and becnh depth before grabbing him...

Would you take ekholm shattenkirk or bite the bullet ant take Petry or Parayko. Klefbom just sitting there too :P

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Edm signed Barrie, he needs to be sheltered and will almost certainly, at first anyways, be getting all the juicy pp minutes + Cleftbom is having surgery, believe he's going to miss some of the season to start (if it begins as scheduled).
    With Krug signing in STL, I'd stay away from Parayko, have him and Faulk (no idea why) ahead of him on the depth chart for pp time, plus there is Dunn still there and Perunovich possibly as well.
    Ekholm is 3rd wheel in Nsh.
    Shattenkirk could be decent, he's on a crap team though.
    I like Petry the best out of all of them, it's still his and Weber's ship to run + Weber is likely to get hurt again and miss some time. Plus Petry puts up some really nice periphs if you count hits/blocks.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

The Great One

Mrazek available there too!!

So is Varlamov who I like but I cant afford that caphit. Ive got 8.5ish to sign 3-4 bottom of the rposter types including a G4