Thread: Multi-cat league - do I have these defensemen classfied correctly?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Multi-cat league - do I have these defensemen classfied correctly?

12 team dynasty league, 75 player roster + 5 IR in season. Start 12 F, 6 D, 2G daily, skater categories are G, A, Pts, PIM, SOG, (Hits + Blocks).

SabresD.pdf

"Score" is Fantrax's stat that shows generally how productive a player is. The order within the groups is based on "Score" from 2019-20, so it's just my thoughts for this upcoming season.

Salaries matter very little, the key thing is that 3 million or over is free movement from active to minors, and over 3 million the player is subject to waivers, so if you have an active player who is higher salary, you better not demote him, unless you are willing to lose him. Petterson, Shattenkirk, & Lindholm seem like decent higher paid players that I can move for help elsewhere, picks, or cheaper depth, as I feel my defense is pretty good.

Does this look reasonable?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Multi-cat league - do I have these defensemen classfied correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    12 teams, 75 player roster + 5 IR in season. Start 12 F, 6 D, 2G daily, skater categories are G, A, Pts, PIM, SOG, (Hits + Blocks).

SabresD.pdf

"Score" is Fantrax's stat that shows generally how productive a player is.

Salaries matter very little, the key thing is that 3 million or over is free movement from active to minors, and over 3 million the player is subject to waivers, so if you have an active player who is higher salary, you better not demote him, unless you are willing to lose him. Petterson, Shattenkirk, & Lindholm seem like decent higher paid players that I can move for help elsewhere, picks, or cheaper depth, as I feel my defense is pretty good.

Does this look reasonable?

Hey Steve, I feel like I've entered the twilight zone offering my advice to you! My only question (apologies if you did mention this somewhere) is it a dynasty? If so I would probably be putting Prov above Edler.
    Bouchard should be above Dermott, Dermott will never be a consistent player, if he's traded he could get some more ice time but I think Bouchard will out perform Dermott even without any PP time.

I agree with your cuts, except maybe Shattenkirk, I'd possibly keep him over Mayfield but the age difference I can understand why you'd be cutting him instead. Other than that I'm pretty close in ranking them the same.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    Hey Steve, I feel like I've entered the twilight zone offering my advice to you! My only question (apologies if you did mention this somewhere) is it a dynasty? If so I would probably be putting Prov above Edler.
    Bouchard should be above Dermott, Dermott will never be a consistent player, if he's traded he could get some more ice time but I think Bouchard will out perform Dermott even without any PP time.

I agree with your cuts, except maybe Shattenkirk, I'd possibly keep him over Mayfield but the age difference I can understand why you'd be cutting him instead. Other than that I'm pretty close in ranking them the same.
    Thanks for the thoughts.

I expect Edler to age out of my core after this season, and go to depth. Shattenkirk is a guy who I either need to keep active all year, or risk losing him to waivers; I think I'd rather deal him.

Regarding clarity in my post:
    I did fail to mention it's a dynasty - updated that in the post, thanks for catching it. When I get around to forwards and (ugh) goalies I will make sure to use the same lead-in.

The order within the groups is based on "Score" from 2019-20, so it's just my thoughts for this upcoming season. I also added that to the first post for clarity.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts.

I expect Edler to age out of my core after this season, and go to depth. Shattenkirk is a guy who I either need to keep active all year, or risk losing him to waivers; I think I'd rather deal him.

Regarding clarity in my post:
    I did fail to mention it's a dynasty - updated that in the post, thanks for catching it. When I get around to forwards and (ugh) goalies I will make sure to use the same lead-in.

The order within the groups is based on "Score" from 2019-20, so it's just my thoughts for this upcoming season. I also added that to the first post for clarity.
    Makes sense about Shattenkirk, would you be doing similar to Edler in the next couple of seasons then? Hopefully by then the likes of Bouchard will have hit the ground running (or ice, skating?). Based on the new info the classifications make sense to me, I'm assuming if someone like Lehtonen isn't producing then you'd be able to either replace him from free agency or someone like Bouchard (also assuming prospects don't count towards your points already).
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.