Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NFL COVID Thread

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default NFL COVID Thread

Jets have now been sent home.

Bills/Titans Tuesday

Patriots on Monday.

All temporary I guess? Just thought one thread would be easier.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: NFL COVID Thread

Wow... Fantasy Football is going to get out of hand.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, one thread to track it all makes sense. I think I need one of your games to get cancelled this week HR if I'm going to have a chance against you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Credit to Fantasy Footballers for this suggestion.

Allow players to name alternate starts for players on games in limbo. So with the news about Jets/Cards... and someone has Kyler Murray as their starter and then they have Teddy Bridgewater on their bench.

As long as before the 12:00 start on Sunday there is some formal announcement (whatever your league agrees on) along the lines of:

'I am starting Murray and Bridgewater is my replacement if something happens that the Cards/Jets game is postponed out of Week 5'

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Credit to Fantasy Footballers for this suggestion.

Allow players to name alternate starts for players on games in limbo. So with the news about Jets/Cards... and someone has Kyler Murray as their starter and then they have Teddy Bridgewater on their bench.

As long as before the 12:00 start on Sunday there is some formal announcement (whatever your league agrees on) along the lines of:

'I am starting Murray and Bridgewater is my replacement if something happens that the Cards/Jets game is postponed out of Week 5'
    Yep the CBS guys had a similar suggestion and I used it in my two other leagues. It worked well and obviously helped that games weren't cancelled. But ya going forward I will be using this in my leagues every week. The backup just has to be on the team's bench. It's the fairest solution in an absolutely messed up situation.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well this is some good news right?

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    ·
    14m
    Cardinals’ team plane is scheduled to fly to New Jersey at 6 ET, and the plan remains in place. Team is now departing for the East coast in 90 minutes.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Patriots and Broncos moved to Week 6.

Tennessee has another case. Geez.

The Great One

I just had to find replacements for Patriots defense. I'm also not confident bills will play, so put Diggs on my bench.

THis is my first year trying fantasy football, and Covid has definitely added a few wrinkles.

It sure would be interesting is ESPN would allow backups to be inserted in the event of game cancellations.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I just had to find replacements for Patriots defense. I'm also not confident bills will play, so put Diggs on my bench.

THis is my first year trying fantasy football, and Covid has definitely added a few wrinkles.

It sure would be interesting is ESPN would allow backups to be inserted in the event of game cancellations.
    Ive said this in some other threads but the solution we have used is that we're allowing teams to announce a backup as long as that player is on their bench.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ive said this in some other threads but the solution we have used is that we're allowing teams to announce a backup as long as that player is on their bench.
    Yeah this is what we did too.

Announce a player as a backup, start the actual player that is risk of game being postponed. If the back scored 15 and they "Covid" guy scored 10, then you get 10 points. Commish just altering after the fact.

The Great One

Cool concept. I'm in a public league so it won't work for me. I joined to try to learn players better. It's made watching games I'd normally ignore much more interesting.

Dobber Sports Immortal

4 cases on the Falcons. Thankfully I only own Ridley in all 3 of my leagues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 cases on the Falcons. Thankfully I only own Ridley in all 3 of my leagues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just lost Dak... so I picked up Cousins... go figure.

And I thought I made a great beat the waiver wire pick up in adding the Chargers D last week... only to have their game against the Jets get changed...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I just lost Dak... so I picked up Cousins... go figure.

And I thought I made a great beat the waiver wire pick up in adding the Chargers D last week... only to have their game against the Jets get changed...
    Ohhhhhhhh ya no more planning for matchups or byes down the road.

Dobber Sports Titan

The only COVID case I've had to navigate around was in a 10 team league and my QB was Newton, and the same week Pitts was forced into a bye and my bench QB was Big Ben. So I went with Fitzgerald and he did well.

Now I have Thielen and Mattison so I might be effed this week.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll