Thread: Delia or Lankinen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Delia or Lankinen

Which has more value?

Delia has NHL experience and has been the best G prospect in the pipeline for a while now

Lankinen looked good in Sweden and alright in the AHL. I haven't heard much talk about Lankinen really. Somone said he's the goalie of the future in another thread, but he's hardly been mentioned after searching the forums

Of course theres a good chance they sign a cheap vet G, but if they do who do you think will be the backup / 1B?
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Delia or Lankinen

Delia is likely ahead of Lankinen on the depth chart so I would guess Delia gets the back up job after the Blackhawks sign someone this weekend. Lankinen is also waiver exempt for next season while Delia is not. Not sure if either of them have much value in fantasy leagues.

The Magnificent One

delia is better in my thinking but yeah i gotta think they try to sign someone short term while can and toews are still around
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Delia is the guy you want here.

Chicago screwed up badly dealing Lehner, and Delia is the best goalie they have right now. I'm hoping they bring in a vet that's going to leave the door open for him to take the job away.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Is neither an option? Neither has concrete NHL experience. Delia struggled in his NHL games. He did better in the AHL but nut spectacular. Lankinen is completely unproven. Subban if they resign him...... Ummm.... No.

Factor in an aging defense they have done little to improve to support any goalie, and it's a recipe for disaster. They will have to rely on outscoring opponents. Not an ideal situation for a goalie from a fantasy perspective.

Delia/Lankinen would be much better suited in a backup role for an entire season before being given the reigns on a starting job imo.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    Is neither an option? Neither has concrete NHL experience. Delia struggled in his NHL games. He did better in the AHL but nut spectacular. Lankinen is completely unproven. Subban if they resign him...... Ummm.... No.

Factor in an aging defense they have done little to improve to support any goalie, and it's a recipe for disaster. They will have to rely on outscoring opponents. Not an ideal situation for a goalie from a fantasy perspective.

Delia/Lankinen would be much better suited in a backup role for an entire season before being given the reigns on a starting job imo.
    I agree. I don't really want either of these guys. If it is a 1-year league I wouldn't draft either.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You thought San Jose and Detroit goaltending were bad last year. Stan Bowman "Hold my beer and watch this!"
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO