Thread: What you guys think of this trade?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default What you guys think of this trade?

I gave Klingberg Zadina and Hart for Sergachev and Barzal.

The owner wanted to make cap room and was afraid of Barzal and Sergachev next contracts.

For my self I needed to make room for my 4 first round pic. ( 2,3,5,and 9 )

I think i can replace Hart with Sorokhin.

Klingber is better now but I think Sergachev will be better down the road hopefully he signs a sweet deal.

I can replace Zadina with who ever I plan on drafting Byfield Raymon and Rossi ( I prefer Rossy and Raymond then Stuzle )

With all that I stil have Barzal hopefully he dosent sign for a truck load of cash either.

How much you guys think Serg and Barzal get sign for ?
    Roster 12 Forwards 6 D and 2 Goalies. Also have 2 spares ALL Keepers, Pts only.

Cap follows NHL and we go by total Salary.

Second Rebuilding year.

Forward: McDavid 15m, Mathews 16m, Marner 16m, Rantanen 12m, Aho 12m, Barzal ?m. and 6 ELC Rookies: J.Hughes, Dach, Frost, Zegras, Turcotte, Caufield.

On Def I got: Sergachev ?m, McAvoy 4m and 4 ELC Rookies Q.Hughes, Boqvist, T.Smith and Seider. Goalie: Empty , Demko.

In Spares I have . Tavares 16m and Andreas Johnsson 5m

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: What you guys think of this trade?

Rebuild looks solid but I probably would have kept Hart here; especially as it sounds like you can get Sorokin from the draft? Because right now, you don't have a goalie option for the upcoming season.

Barzal is going to be $8+ (surprised if he signs under that) but how the dollars are going to break down yearly are a little uncertain with the economic situation. I'm not sure on Serg but take a look at the capped article to get an idea from someone who puts far more effort into the projections than most of us do.

https://dobberhockey.com/2020/09/24/...y-projections/

Dobber Sports Genius

It all depends on how many teams in the league and how valuable goalies are. I don’t love the idea of trading away Hart. He looks like a young workhorse goalie on a good team. Those guys are so so valuable if your league is counting points for just WINS/SO (making an assumption on your settings).
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the quick replies. I know Hart was THE player here. ( The assimption on the settings are spot on. )

There only 11 teams so there is plenty of Goalies available. Sorokin my favourite but Saros also available Lehner Price if you have the cap room.

Second Rebuilding year.

Forward: McDavid 15m, Mathews 16m, Marner 16m, Rantanen 12m, Aho 12m, Barzal ?m. and 6 ELC Rookies: J.Hughes, Dach, Frost, Zegras, Turcotte, Caufield.

On Def I got: Sergachev ?m, McAvoy 4m and 4 ELC Rookies Q.Hughes, Boqvist, T.Smith and Seider. Goalie: Empty , Demko.

Dobber Sports Ace

Grab Lehner then before its to late
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    Grab Lehner then before its to late
    Lehner is a very good win now 3m option. My team is not ready before 2 yrs from now.

Second Rebuilding year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lehner is a good option now and in the future, frankly.

It's time for you to dump some of those Maple Leafs you aren't using.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Lehner is a good option now and in the future, frankly.

It's time for you to dump some of those Maple Leafs you aren't using.
    And Im not even a Leaf fan lol I will be droping them i need the room for Raymond and Rossi.

Whats all this hype for Lehner?

Second Rebuilding year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nolip View Post
    And Im not even a Leaf fan lol I will be droping them i need the room for Raymond and Rossi.

Whats all this hype for Lehner?
    The bolded indicates you haven't been following the NHL lately. Honestly, I have no other explanation.

In 2018-19 he was a Vezina finalist with the Isles, they chose not to bring him back and get Varlamov instead. In 2019-20 he finished 6th in the voting, even though he was wasting away in Chicago behind Crawford. He got inexplicably traded to Vegas for Malcolm Subban and a 2nd round pick so Chicago could tank. He then outplayed Fleury and took his starting job. This isn't hype, it's performance.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.