Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Murray traded to Ottawa

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Murray traded to Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He came into town with two Stanley Cup rings as the starter. What else did he really need to show them?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Murray fan but it's not like he came to Ottawa without a pedigree to some extent. He should be in his prime years as a goalie and Ottawa thought they were getting that leadership and backstop. He hasn't played well but the team in front of him hasn't been great either.
    Between 2017-2020 (IE the 3 years between when Pittsburgh won their second cup) Matt Murray had a -24.6 goals saved above expected and a -4.1 WAR, with a 0.909 Sv%, so he arguably had to show them that he didn't completely suck, but he definitely had to show them a lot more to be the 6th highest paid goalie in the league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What is Ottawa's plan when it comes to a compete window? They some young pieces and should be competitive in two years?

Murray isnt the answer but maybe Filip Gustavsson is. G is only 23 and coming into his own. You just have to wonder how many wins can Gustavsson get with the squad in front of him.
    12 Team Dynasty League - ESPN Points league / Weekly Head to Head

Dobber Sports Genius

I like Gustavsson. I think they should look to keep developing him and the young guys and hopefully they can begin to contend in about 1-2 years.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent