Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draft A Dynasty With Me!!

The Great One

Default Draft A Dynasty With Me!!

So Ive never drafted a salary cap dynasty from the ground up before. Ive got some time between picks so I figured Id set this up.

Cats are-
    Skaters- 1 point category each for G A P PPP Sog, FOW (C Only) and a half point cat up for grabs for hit pim and block.
    Golaies full point cats are saves wins and GAA with a half point cat available for most SOs in a week.
    Points carry over so an 8-2 win is better than a 5-4 win.

Positionally speaking we carry 4C, 4LW. 4RW. 6D, 2 G and a 8 man bench (daily changes.
    We have a 20 man farm team with 20 adds allowed each year.
    Weve got 5 nhl entry drafts each year that comprise our junior team (3 squads total). The entry draft is for this year and is reverse off the regular draft. I drafted last in the main so I get 1st (aka Lafreniere in this one)

Salary wise we float 30 million over the NHL cap so were at 111 500 000.

My team so far:

C- ROR, Tavares
    LW- Huberdeau, Hall, Evander
    RW, Svechnikov
    D- Hedman, Theodore, Dahlin
    G- Shesterkin, Lehner
    Bn
    Farm- Robertson(N)
    Junior- Lafreniere (as good as [icked :P )

Ill post what my choices are coming closer to my pick. Right now I think I need to beef up my RW and maybe grab one more scoring dman as Im fine comfortabble with two and a bench guy as more utility guys- hits, blocks, etc.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

The Great One

Default Re: Draft A Dynasty With Me!!

So were in a weird spot where if Im drafting a C now (which is my inclination) Im drafting Nelson, Danault, or Pageau based on toi, fow and rate stats but none of them get me really stoked so Ill likely wait on them and draft a lower tier C that Im more amped about.

Goalies are crawling slowly off the board but Andersen is sitting there and Im debating maybe taking him as my G3 which would be pretty slick.

Rank these wingers if you were competing- team and league outline above. Ive got one other one but I think hes kind of forgotten so Im not saying his name on here- Ill post it closer to my pick:

Vrana
    Gallagher
    Kubalik

Lastly there are D to consider- my plan has always been to grab 4 SCORING D and fill out my bottom 2 and one bench guy with sandpaper guys. My thinking is that if Pietrangelo is there again I HAVE to take him. After that its a judgement call wether I take:

Risto
    Pulock
    Dumba
    Klefbom (or go waaaay off my plan and take Bouchard as hes likely getting K-Bombs minutes if hes recovering from sugary surgery)

What direction would you go? I get back to back picks! Its fun to sometimes start a rush like say grab two Cs or 2 D now- imagine if I tiook two Gs!! Mierzlikins and Korpisalo?? Anderson and Kuemper?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pietrangelo
    Pulock
    Vrana

Risto
    Kubalik
    Gallagher
    Klefbom
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

The Great One

So if you end up in the money in any of these leagues you are asking us to help put together are you going to share it with us?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

So I went off the board a little.

My secret guys still there but...

Pietrangelo was still there- I had to grab him in multi cat.

Then I did something unusual- I saw someone grab Mierz so I too Kropi- my reasoning:

- First and foremost with a 65/35 split in scoring Im ok taking a third goalie here. I still think Korpi proved hes the workhorse this year. My plan is actually to keep him if hes the 1a by any significant margin. This had the added bonus of hopefully...

- Starting a goalie rush- and it did with only 4 picks left to my next one 5 goalies went and none of the guys on my board were drafted outside of Morgan Frost.

- If they Elvis/Korpi tandem is a "thing" I could always look at trying to trade to the other guy. I find I get the most value (and conversely GIVE the most value in the reverse role) when goalie leverage is applied- in that I dont have one or I need the handcuff. Im not saying I drfated him to trade but if he does start platooning I think I can get more than a standard 1a or 1b type would get from the elvis owner....

New guys are Pietrangelo and Korpi- I definitely need to get some wing and even center depth going... Thoughts?

C- Tavares, ROR
    LW- Huberdeau, Hall, Evander
    RW- AS,
    D- Hedman, Theodore, AP, Dahlin
    G- Shest, Lehner
    Bn- Korpisalo
    Farm- N Robertson, Lafreniere

My plan is still to let Cs slide for one more round and grab a couple solid guys from lower tiers. Ive got two wings in mind Ill post closer but part of me sees the rush on prospects happening and we all know the value of three ELC years in a moderately tight cap workd. Ive got the 1st prospect sown up (Lafreniuere) and Ive got Robertson so Im looking hard at Denisenko, Tippett, Cozens, Caufield. My halfway plan is to draft two wingers next then go center and prospect, center and prospect....

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    Pietrangelo
    Pulock
    Vrana

Risto
    Kubalik
    Gallagher
    Klefbom
    Puock got drafted- Im a Vrana guy- I Vrana draft him with this coming pick if hes there along with mystery winger number two who really should have been drafted around three rounds ago...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    So if you end up in the money in any of these leagues you are asking us to help put together are you going to share it with us?
    Depends on the amount of input!!

The Great One

Two picks away- I think Im still good with my two winger plan... Vrana and he who shall not be named but should haveth been drafted many rounds ago especially in our formateth...

The Great One

Is it Tom Wilson?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Is it Tom Wilson?
    Yas!!!

Lol- thats funny- and I got him and Vrana- along with a private message that the guy two picks after me was going to take both those guys- lmao!!!

I got my guys so stoked!! Interesting pick before me- AO- just went!!! Crazy...

C- Tavares, ROR
    LW- Huberdeau, Hall, Evander, Vrana
    RW- Svechnikov, Wilson
    D- Hedman, Theodore, AP, Dahlin
    G- Shest, Lehner
    Bn- Korpisalo
    Farm- N Robertson

I think Ill take a C and a propsect next depending on the rush of prospects- theres still some very intriguing RWs too that might be worth flusing out as Im only two deep there. I just feel like if I wait too long for one of these bluechippers Ill miss da boat!!

The Great One

Im goint to vomit a bunch of names on the computer screen- please pick through the mess and tell me which are viable choices!!!

Schenn
    Nelson
    Pageau
    Trochek

The Great One

Literally all my "young D" are off the board except one so that to me tells me its time to make that move. So a gimme this round is Ty Smith imo- my last two D (One roster, one bench)- will be 1.5 million dollar bruisers.

I really need RW but I also need C and Schenn is sitting there when he probably shouldnt be- but Ive also got a soft spot for Gallagher and we reward sogs very well in our format. My gut tells me if I sleep on Kubalik here I wont get him- the other two I might. Hes also the guy I kind of want the least (least coverage, variable upside)-do I gamble on the guy whose not gonna last? Veterans are sliding- I might be able to get Galagher/Schenn next two picks- I wont get Kubalik/Ty Smith...

Ugh- I just dont want Ty Smith- Im passing maybe Ill grab Ryan Merkely next round- and thatll be good enough. Schenn and Kubalik!!

The Great One

Is it Tom Wilson?
    How did you know that?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    How did you know that?
    Because I'm good at this.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

The Great One

The draft is mostly done but this is kind of where the picks become more divisive as there are very different ways to go at this point. Ill post my team.

C- Tavares, ROR, Kadri, Hertl
    LW- Huberdeau, Hall, Evander, Vrana
    RW- A Svechnikov, Schenn, Wilson, Gallagher
    D- Hedman, Theodore, Dahlin, Petry, Shattenkirk, Lehtonen
    G- Shesty, Lehner
    Bn- Korpisalo Palmieri, Gurianov, Robertson
    Farm- Romanov, Denisenko, Kaliyev, AP (free to keep here- Pietrangelo)
    Junior- 1st OA aka Lafreniere

Take thie with the knowledge that the guys on my "farm" dont count towards my cap and Im at 11 millionish left with Hall and Gurianovs raises so I think I have 8 millionish left for 203 roster players. Im leaning towards Ullmark or Greiss to shore up my goaltending. From there Im looking hard at:

Coleman- 200+ sogs, hit machine, better than average pims- honestly the 35-40 point he puts up is pure gravy at 1.8 million. Hes also only 28 which caught me offguard and carves out time on the regining vup campionship team.

Matt Roy- 20ish points- paced to be a 100/100 hit and vlock guy in year one. Even if he replicates that hes worth the ELC at the bottom of the roster. Heres hoping he can do better.