Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: McKenzie: Stamkos trade this week "within realm of possibility"

Dobber Sports Monster

Default McKenzie: Stamkos trade this week "within realm of possibility"

Bob McKenzie dropping a late night bombshell

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...41438130900992

"Cup champs TB have let it be known to other teams they aim to be aggressive in offloading money. How aggressive? Hearing teams have been told only four Bolts are unavailable/untouchable: Vasilevskiy; Hedman; Point; Kucherov. Presumably, RFAs Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak, too.

A big reason for moving money is to be able to sign those young RFAs. Notably absent from untouchable list is captain Steven Stamkos. That doesn’t guarantee Stamkos will be dealt but it’s within realm of possibility though his health could obviously be a factor.

The point is multiple bodies may need to go. Stamkos may or may not end up being one of them, but he doesn’t appear to be exempt from that consideration, as Vasilevskiy, Hedman, Kucherov and Point are. Complicating things is so many teams trying to shed money. Interesting week."

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: McKenzie: Stamkos trade this week "within realm of possibility"

What with this and the Eichel tweets, he's gettin' kinda click-baitey post-retirement. And I will absolutely come back and delete this post if Stamkos gets traded :P
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    What with this and the Eichel tweets, he's gettin' kinda click-baitey post-retirement. And I will absolutely come back and delete this post if Stamkos gets traded :P
    My thoughts too. What's going on, Bob.

Dobber Sports Deity

Or maybe he's got the inside track on deals we normally don't get the luxury of hearing about.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I was thinking it all through their playoff advancement that if they ended up winning he becomes expendable as they are clearly deep enough without him. I know he's the captain and all but it's just business and his 8.5 mil hit saves a lot to put towards 2-3 other players.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Or maybe he's got the inside track on deals we normally don't get the luxury of hearing about.
    Nope. I'm going to go with too many maragitas for Bob.

Dobber Sports Titan

Eichel trade - The team is operating under an internal cap for the next couple of yrs to control cost. Eichel makes a lot, and they aren't winning. He's in his prime, the trade value is high. He's not actively being shopped but teams call.

Stamkos trade - Team just won without him. I'm assuming the team also is operating under an internal cap. Moving Stamkos could mean keeping the depth too. It's a creative move to try. Prolly not actively shopping, but are willing to listen.

These tweets actually show to me teams are willing to listen to teams about their top players. I would love to hear over the yrs what early developed trades were around Ovi, Malkin, Crosby ect.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Eichel trade - The team is operating under an internal cap for the next couple of yrs to control cost. Eichel makes a lot, and they aren't winning. He's in his prime, the trade value is high. He's not actively being shopped but teams call.

Stamkos trade - Team just won without him. I'm assuming the team also is operating under an internal cap. Moving Stamkos could mean keeping the depth too. It's a creative move to try. Prolly not actively shopping, but are willing to listen.

These tweets actually show to me teams are willing to listen to teams about their top players. I would love to hear over the yrs what early developed trades were around Ovi, Malkin, Crosby ect.
    These are my thoughts as well.

I highly doubt that either player is moved, but I also suspect teams are calling and asking about Eichel and Stamkos.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Expert

Doesn't Stammer have a full NMC? So great that TB may want to move him but doubtful he has an intention to waive.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Doesn't Stammer have a full NMC? So great that TB may want to move him but doubtful he has an intention to waive.
    Kucherov - NMC
    Hedman - NMC
    Point - No Clauses
    Vas - Last yr before NMC kicks in (2021-22 season start)
    Stamkos - NMC
    Palat - NTC
    Gourde - NTC
    Johnson - NTC
    Killorn - MNTC (16 team no trade)
    McDonagh - NTC

They are filled with NTC/NMC.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Yes.

I have to wonder how many of these guys that have full NMCs are going to want to move them. I was listening to the 31 Thoughts Podcast, and Friedman made an excellent point when he talks about guys like Johnson, Palat and even Gourde to a lesser extent possibly taking less than fair market value to gain that NMC because they knew they had it pretty good in Florida. I say Gourde to a lesser extent because in my mind, he's overpaid for a 3rd liner as it is. At least Johnson and Palat are top six guys on that team (and others I am sure too if they decide to waive).

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think we simply see Tampa Bay practically give Killorn away for free.
    Kind of stinks for him... because he goes back to the Cooper AHL championship team of... like 2012. (He & Tyler Johnson & Cooper)

Cirelli, IMO, is basically looking at $5.5m-$6.5m. And with Tier 4 of offer sheets going to $6.5m (1st & 3rd round picks) - I think some GM will make that move... unless TB ponies it up first.
    Sergachev, IMO, also basically looking at $5.5m-$6.5m. Ditto. Some GM should/would be willing to offer a 1st/3rd to steal away Serg at $6.5m.

That's $11m-$13m needed to retain those two.
    [Not sure if others peg their numbers where I do... but that's my best guess based on their play from last season & going forward.]

TB is currently at $76.1m for 15players.
    That leaves them $5.3m for 8players. (*impossible*)... or $9.8m IF/WHEN they move Killorn.

That is one SERIOUS CAP CRUNCH.
    So yeah... they basically win a Cup without Stamkos...
    If they move Stammer & Killorn... they're at $18.3m in cap space for 10players.
    Then assign the $12m to Cirelli/Sergachev.
    And that's $6.3m for 8players... which is basically the NHL minimum of $700k for each!!!

Type that again... for IF my math is right.
    IF they trade away Killorn AND Stamkos...
    All they'll be able to do is RFA-sign Cirelli, Sergachev, and patch in six NHL-minimum guys to make their roster.

Just. wow.
    Good luck BriseBois... go earn your GM trophy!!!

Dobber Sports Deity

That's the sad reality of a cap league when it comes to building a winner. You are usually tearing it down after.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^True.
    And a lot of Cup winners do it by maximizing the discounted return on the final year of a few of their RFAs (or bridge from ELC contracts).
    Then, indeed, they have to tear it down.

It's just another reason why the NHL is structured for parity a lot better than the boring NBA.

Dobber Sports Titan

I ended up going through my version of the TB cap crunch in this thread here (post #5): https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...a-Bay-Forwards

I cam to the conclusion they needed to move out three forwards, but if it was Stamkos and Johnson they could likely make that work too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)