Thread: Keeper Trade (J. Jones/Godwin)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper Trade (J. Jones/Godwin)

My league format is keep four every year (no penalties), and it is a 12 team PPR league. After winning the championship last season, my team has fallen apart, with 3 of my 4 keepers injured. I'm setting sights on next season, and offering up players for draft picks for next season. The first offer that has come in would see me trading Julio Jones for Chris Godwin and a '21 4th (8th round equivalent after keepers). I've had Julio for a loooong time, but there's no doubt this would make me younger and give me an extra asset for next season. Thoughts?

Edit: For the sake of roster construction, my other probable keepers for next year would be Michael Thomas, Nick Chubb, and Jonathan Taylor.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Keeper Trade (J. Jones/Godwin)

That's an easy yes for me. Julio is declining and if someone if throwing you Godwin+ it helps you this year and the future.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Seems like a no brainer to take Godwin and a pick. Not sure what the other guy is thinking.

Dobber Sports Star

That's a yes for me as well.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Does everyone still think this is a good move? Julio continues to defy his age, and Godwin has a lot of competition. The other owner has upped his offer to a 2nd rounder with Godwin. Our deadline is tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Star

The track record for tall, big physical receivers after age 30 just isn't good. See Dez Bryant, Keyshawn Johnson, Demarius Thomas, Marques Colston, AJ Green, Herman Moore, Andre Johnson, etc. More often than not, their last 1,000 yard season occurs between the ages of 28 and 32, and then it drops off dramatically. Julio turns 32 in February. Look at Randy Moss, his age 32 season was 1,264 yards receiving. The next year, it was 393 yards. His ability vanished over one summer. And Moss is an all-timer., supremely gifted WR. If you made me wager whether this year would be Julio's last 1000 yard season, I say it would be. If you asked me whether Julio would have a 1,000 yard season in 3 years, I'd say that was nearly impossible.