Thread: 2nd overall pick

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2nd overall pick

So I've been going back and forth, watching, reading and really digging into both Byfield and Stutzle at 2.

Categories are G A PPP SHP HIT BLK SOG PIM
    14T dynasty cap league

My gut says that Byfield is the guy to take regardless of whether he's drafted by LA or Ottawa, but the other part sees the flash and flare of Stutzle's game and likes the upside as well.

I'm thinking based on my categories, Byfield is my guy (and a personal favourite of mine), but I can be swayed as well.

Any input would be awesome and appreciated.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: 2nd overall pick

Byfield
    Byfield
    Byfield
    Byfield
    Byfield

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Byfield
    Byfield
    Byfield
    Byfield
    Byfield
    Byfield

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not sure there is question there....majority has Byfield at ...I got 3 in few leagues and both 2 and 3 in one so I don’t need to make a choice lol...I think I would go Byfield if I had to choose but I believe both will be studs... I also think that Stützle will have an impact a bit fAster
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Not sure there is question there....majority has Byfield at ...I got 3 in few leagues and both 2 and 3 in one so I don’t need to make a choice lol...I think I would go Byfield if I had to choose but I believe both will be studs... I also think that Stützle will have an impact a bit fAster
    My question would be, which do I choose. I just explained a little too much hah

Dobber Sports Deity

Honestly, the answer to this question is a couple years away but today, I don't think there's a wrong answer. If it's me, I'm going Byfield but I don't think I'd blame you for going Stutzle either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with Belexus here - if your fantasy league is healthy and it’ll be around for the next 4-5 years, then Byfield may be more valuable than not only Stutzle, but maybe Lafreniere as well. If you’re scratching to keep GM’s, take Stutzle for the 1-2 year advantage.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I might be in the minority that has someone other than stutzle at 3, but I think byfield is in a tier by himself at 2.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I agree with Belexus here - if your fantasy league is healthy and it’ll be around for the next 4-5 years, then Byfield may be more valuable than not only Stutzle, but maybe Lafreniere as well. If you’re scratching to keep GM’s, take Stutzle for the 1-2 year advantage.
    We're going on year 13 (started in 2008).. So I feel like it's a strong group (with some changes over the years). So I don't mind looking at the strongest option long term.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Personally, I have Rossi and Raymond over Stutzle so Byfield at 2 is the pick in my opinion. Imagine him racking up those points, SOG, and a physical game that could have him threaten 100 hits per season in fantasy. His size, skill and speed don't grow on trees!
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Expert

I take Byfield here. Stutzle may have an edge in points, but Byfield should make up that (if needed) with hits.

There's nothing wrong with Stutzle but I just think Byfield has that extra bit to edge him. I think he's going to show at WJC this year (to those that don't watch the OHL) why he is worth the hype.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I feel like my thoughts on Byfield were justified more here. Byfield was my guy by far for a long time, then I kept reading/watching more on Stutzle and it muddied my perspective a bit. So Byfield it is.