Thread: Jarry, if/when Murray is moved out

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Jarry, if/when Murray is moved out

As most of the speculation (and Rutherford's own musings) indicate, if and when Murray is traded out of PIT, how do you see Jarry performing (assuming he becomes the bona fide starter backed up by DeSmith)? In Dobber's latest goalie ranking, Jarry is #25. If he becomes the #1 in PIT does he become a top 20 or 15 goalie? In the above scenario, could Jarry be relied on as a first-string goalie in a 10-team league where teams can roster 3-4 goalies and play 2 per night?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Jarry, if/when Murray is moved out

If he's with DeSmith he could be a top 15 goalie. I have a feeling they will bring in a veteran to help him out if things go sideways. Such as MAF making a return.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    If he's with DeSmith he could be a top 15 goalie. I have a feeling they will bring in a veteran to help him out if things go sideways. Such as MAF making a return.
    Ya I agree. I can see a veteran presence playing with him for the short term
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He could be good, and likely even if he ends up elsewhere, and they keep Murray.

I don't see Fleury coming back to the Penguins, that contract is too expensive, which is why they shipped him out in the first place.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

There will most likely be a cheap veteran there as support, Howard, Crawford or Elliott, etc.

I still think he will have stretches where he is a top 10-15 goalie, but come end of the season after all said and done he could be a top 20 goalie ( closer to 20 than closer to 10).