Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Laine to Montreal

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Laine to Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Any offer starts with the 1st, Caufield or Romanov, Domi and then probably another roster player.

Personally I'm ok with moving 1st, Caufield and Domi but I don't think that's enough.

MB came out and said Price, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Romanov were the untouchables, so there's that too.

If there's one thing I've learned about NHL GMs is you can't believe much of what they tell the media when it comes to the moves they are looking at, listening to or considering. They aren't going to be forthcoming and honest. Remember this from a few years back?

Bergevin would not divulge the nature of the discussions he is having with other GMs, but when asked if it's realistic that he would trade Subban, he said, "I would say no."

"Of course you never say never," he later said. "If somebody offered me half of their team, well, you know, you have to make it work. But it's not my intention."

Bergevin scoffed when he was asked what it would cost another team to acquire Subban.

"I don't even want to go there," he said.
    I guess Shea Weber = half of Nashville's team
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned about NHL GMs is you can't believe much of what they tell the media when it comes to the moves they are looking at, listening to or considering. They aren't going to be forthcoming and honest. Remember this from a few years back?

I guess Shea Weber = half of Nashville's team
    You can quite clearly see the thinly veiled “we are trading Subban” in there.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agreed, but he was pretty adamant about this one, whereas the PK trade he was very coy about and they already had contract issues leading up to that.

On TVA Sports, Bergevin put to rest any speculation on Carey Price (also in regards to Seattle expansion draft) and says he is an untouchable, as are Suzuki, KK and Romanov : "you can put it in print". #Habs
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Agreed, but he was pretty adamant about this one, whereas the PK trade he was very coy about and they already had contract issues leading up to that.
    Well, in my eyes, the only players that are truly untouchable are the ones with full NTC's that dont want to move. Other than that, everyones fair game.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, in my eyes, the only players that are truly untouchable are the ones with full NTC's that dont want to move. Other than that, everyones fair game.
    Well yes, in the literal sense, obviously....if Edmonton said "hey we'll give you McDavid for Suzuki" of course they'd move an "untouchable"

But if we're talking about imagined trades, it makes sense to use the information we know to try and formulate a scenario that could occur.

Having a GM come out and say certain players are untouchable is a good indicator that they're not going to be involved in any type of movement unless it's substantial.

I'm not even sure why I'm responding to this lol it's pretty clear.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Maybe Romanov and a 1st.
    ^I actually like this... could see that being a starting point for real trade negotiations.
    [Some REP for you]

As much as we all see Laine as a dynamic player... his demeanor suggests he's also going to want huge $$$ and possibly ruffle feathers in a clubhouse with his LeBron-ish upmanship.
    So the payment doesn't have to be astronomical. A team like WPG should really be excited if 2/3ish D prospect is offered. Romanov is going to be a good one... from what I read.

The Great One

Winnipeg, like many teams out there, are looking for a high end center to even out their roster, or a top 2 Dman. I don't see them trading Laine unless that's part of the return.
    Mtl actually flush with high end Cs. What about making Danault part of the return as he clearly wants out. Danault, Juulsen and a 1st?? I just want Laine with my buoy Suzuki Bazooka!!

- - - Updated - - -

Dreger asking if MTL has enough to make a freals offer...

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-69...aine-1.1530965

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Mtl actually flush with high end Cs. What about making Danault part of the return as he clearly wants out. Danault, Juulsen and a 1st?? I just want Laine with my buoy Suzuki Bazooka!!

- - - Updated - - -

Dreger asking if MTL has enough to make a freals offer...

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-69...aine-1.1530965
    Not sure I'd say they are "flush with high end centers". Suzuki is arguably their best one and he's just coming into his own. Danault is a low end 2C, high end 3C on most teams. Im not saying it's not possible for him to be part of the deal but I dont really consider him a high end center.

The Great One

Not sure I'd say they are "flush with high end centers". Suzuki is arguably their best one and he's just coming into his own. Danault is a low end 2C, high end 3C on most teams. Im not saying it's not possible for him to be part of the deal but I dont really consider him a high end center.
    Fair enough- Im thinking of his defensive play and being able to chip in with secondary scoring as well. Feels to me like a solid posession guy- maybe Im wrong- just spit balling really. To me Im more selfishly looking into the merit because Im loving the idea of Suzuki laining up with the big sniping Finn!!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Although the original offer stated here likely isn't enough, I don't think they're going to get a huge return for Laine. He just doesn't strike me as a desirable asset given he's a streaky winger, apparent attitude / locker room demeanor and anticipated high $$$ contract demands.

I mean, Montreal did seem to love Kovalev so maybe there's something to it. It only take one guy to bite and overpay, so it could happen but it wouldn't be from me if I ever had a say.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Danault is a low end 2C, high end 3C on most teams.
    Slanderous!
    Phillip Danault is a high-end 2C!!!

(I'm actually a huge Danault fan. I don't think he has been fully appreciated to this point. He is +35 in his last two seasons, combined, on a Montreal team that is +4 over those two years... and it's not like Danault plays sheltered minutes. I'm gonna be left in the minority... but I think some team sees it and he'll get $5.5m to $6m from somebody at his UFA. He's one of my fave NHLers these days. For those that still poo-poo +/-, Danault is also a SAT of +705 over past two seasons, 4th best in NHL! That is pretty boss.)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

IDK why Domi keeps being included here. Is Domi a desirable asset right now? His one good season at this point looks like an outlier but he needs a new contract and he has one of the most difficult agents in the league. Do the Jets want to pay Domi $5M per to be a 40-50 point winger? Danault? He's got one year left and will then be a 28 year old UFA. Again don't really see that as a desirable asset from Winnipeg's point of view. And I'm highly confident anyone proposing Juulsen is either significantly overvaluing him, or else knows that he's nothing special and that he's is the defenseman you're fine dumping. Which means Winnipeg also knows that.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Slanderous!

(I'm actually a huge Danault fan. I don't think he has been fully appreciated to this point. He is +35 in his last two seasons, combined, on a Montreal team that is +4 over those two years... and it's not like Danault plays sheltered minutes. I'm gonna be left in the minority... but I think some team sees it and he'll get $5.5m to $6m from somebody at his UFA. He's one of my fave NHLers these days. For those that still poo-poo +/-, Danault is also a SAT of +705 over past two seasons, 4th best in NHL! That is pretty boss.)
    I agree, I think Danault is good. Very much a Mikael Backlund type. I'm just not sure that's the centerpiece you're hoping for in return for your 22 year old sniper, 1 year from UFA.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    IDK why Domi keeps being included here. Is Domi a desirable asset right now? His one good season at this point looks like an outlier but he needs a new contract and he has one of the most difficult agents in the league. Do the Jets want to pay Domi $5M per to be a 40-50 point winger? Danault? He's got one year left and will then be a 28 year old UFA. Again don't really see that as a desirable asset from Winnipeg's point of view. And I'm highly confident anyone proposing Juulsen is either significantly overvaluing him, or else knows that he's nothing special and that he's is the defenseman you're fine dumping. Which means Winnipeg also knows that.
    Hes being included because Montreal doesnt want to pay him and they feel he still has a lot of value. Take your last two sentences, take out Juulsen's name and insert Domi's and I'd say you've got that one too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Slanderous!

I never said he isn't good, I just said he's not a high end center.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah... and for clarity...
    I'm not arguing or advocating Danault as a piece to move for Laine.
    Just that "I" love him as a high-end C2. Tongue.in.cheek.

Montreal HAS to keep him.
    Serious question - How many guys do they have on roster that can do a quality interview in French?!