Thread: Rank my off-season

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rank my off-season

Thought I'd go ahead and pull an Emu and look for feedback on this past summer's trades in one of my leagues.

Trade 1: Perunovich + Fagemo for Harley

Trade 2: Hronek + Afanasyev + 2022 1st for Erik Karlsson + 2022 2nd

Trade 3: Matthews + McIsaac + Bernard-Docker for Werenski + Pacioretty + Tippett + Brannstrom + 2020 draft picks #8 & 13 + 2022 1st

Trade 4: 2020 draft pick #13 for picks #31, 40 & 46 + 2021 1st

After everything is said and done my team looks like this:

12 Team H2H Cat Dynasty - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 3Skt, 2G and 12 Bench + 20 prospects | G, A, ESP, STP, SOG, PIM, HIT, BLK, FOW, W, GAA, SV%, SV

C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Backstrom, Giroux, Couture, Backlund, Pavelski, Carter
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Benn, Schwartz, Parise, Jarnkrok
    RW: Hoffman, Radulov, Granlund, Niederreiter, Brown (LAK)
    D: Josi, Werenski, Rielly, Hamilton, Burns, Karlsson, Pulock, Klefbom, Giordano, Ekholm, Walker, Gustafsson
    G: Vasilevskiy, Markstrom, Fleury, Rinne

Notable prospects: Tippett, Brannstrom, Harley, Lundkvist, J Robertson, Addison, Niku, Clague, Delia

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Rank my off-season

So nobody likes losing Matthews, but I really did like that trade! You got more for him than I’ve seen in several other regrettable moves. In a 12-team league, your lineup really only misses youth and a #1 superstar... y’know, one of the top 8-10. Or even 11-15. (And no, Ovi doesn’t place there any more.) But it sounds like you’ve stockpiled for picks, too - so i’m a little confused as to what your plan is overall. Few of your offense of players are really young and yet to enter prime. Are you thinking to trade some of those pics for a shot at a Zibanejad, Tarasenko, Hall, JT Miller, Marchand, or the like? Your youth is lacking, so you gotta go for it this year, IMO.

The Great One

Tarasenko? We don’t even know if he’s going to play ever again. I would be very cautious about expecting anything from him...
    And I would quite squarely place Ovechkin in the top fantasy producers still - particularly where SoG and Hits are counted - as they are here. And JT Miller is an excellent player but does not belong in a list with Marchand. Neither does Hall. He had one really good season. That’s it. We don’t even know where he is playing next year.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Team looks very good.

I'm a bit leery of deal #2, sicne you give a first, get a second, and give up an emerging young player for an older elite scoring guy in a multi-cat league, but it's reasonable.

The Matthews deal enabled deal #4, and that is a very good combined haul of picks & prospects to go with the 2 established players you got. I like that, sicne you clearly have guys who aren't really that great, and some of your prospects should move them off the roster.

Also want to chime in that Ovechkin is a superstar here. I'd be shocked if he wasn't a top 10 skater.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.