Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Khovanov, Jenik

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Khovanov, Jenik

Hello,

Khovanov and Jenik are available in most of my prospect drafts. If you have some decent knowledge on them, what do you think is their upside? Where would you pick them with the prospects of this upcoming draft? Around 15? Around 30?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Khovanov, Jenik

I wouldn’t go out of my way to draft either of them early on. Both guys are probably a few years away from being NHL regulars. While they have similar upside, mid 70’s in my opinion, Khovanov would be my pick if I could only have one. He could end up lining up next to Kaprizov and Fiala in the future. I don’t see anyone exciting in Arizona for Jenik to play with.

I’d suggest purchasing Dobber’s prospect guide. It’s helped me a lot. Good luck!
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Don’t sleep on Jenik

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If all you are looking at is potential upside/likelihood and aren't overly concerned with wait time I'd put both in the 22-30 range for this year's draft. If wait time is a factor maybe move them up a little bit to ~16-24.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Pro

I took Jenik at #28 in our prospect draft and that seems about right.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I took Jenik at #28 in our prospect draft and that seems about right.
    I’d agree!

Dobber Sports Expert

Agree with above. I wouldn't pick him at 15 but if he's available with your second pick, its a more fitting area.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Agree with above. I wouldn't pick him at 15 but if he's available with your second pick, its a more fitting area.
    I wrestled with this concept in the weeks prior to our draft. I had at separate points picks #14 and #16 and dealt them away as I was pretty sure I'd get either Jenik or Beckman at #28. I think they're comparable to whatever would be available in the 15 range (Bourque, Amirov, Zary, Holloway, etc.).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I wrestled with this concept in the weeks prior to our draft. I had at separate points picks #14 and #16 and dealt them away as I was pretty sure I'd get either Jenik or Beckman at #28. I think they're comparable to whatever would be available in the 15 range (Bourque, Amirov, Zary, Holloway, etc.).
    I totally get why you feel this way, but where I disagree is that I actually think Jenik (won't comment on Beckman as I'm less invested) could be just as valuable, if not more, than 2020 15thOA (give or take) as we've already seen him slide in the draft and then explode this past season such that if he were drafted in THIS draft, he'd likely go between 10-20 (argueably). The difference between Jenik going 10-20 this year and whoever you can grab from 2020 at 15ish is that Jenik has EARNED that spot after an entire year of production to witness. His trajectory is set. this year's draftees outside of 10, while still projecting well, may or may not live up to that draft position. Jenik is showing signs of being a STEAL for Zona.

Just another angle to consider.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I totally get why you feel this way, but where I disagree is that I actually think Jenik (won't comment on Beckman as I'm less invested) could be just as valuable, if not more, than 2020 15thOA (give or take) as we've already seen him slide in the draft and then explode this past season such that if he were drafted in THIS draft, he'd likely go between 10-20 (argueably). The difference between Jenik going 10-20 this year and whoever you can grab from 2020 at 15ish is that Jenik has EARNED that spot after an entire year of production to witness. His trajectory is set. this year's draftees outside of 10, while still projecting well, may or may not live up to that draft position. Jenik is showing signs of being a STEAL for Zona.

Just another angle to consider.
    We're on the same page, I just didn't explain myself properly. I agree that Jenik is likely better than whatever I could have got at the 14-16 range (which turned out to be the guys I listed above, among others; Jarvis and Quinn were already gone, which is what I figured would happen). I was indifferent to getting Jenik or whatever I could get at around 15, but was pretty sure I could get Jenik at #28 which is why I moved the other two picks for assets I needed. Interestingly Beckman went before Jenik, even though Jenik was my primary target.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stencil View Post
    Hello,

Khovanov and Jenik are available in most of my prospect drafts. If you have some decent knowledge on them, what do you think is their upside? Where would you pick them with the prospects of this upcoming draft? Around 15? Around 30?
    Sorry, never did directly answer the OP's question. If I had 15 and 30, I would grab one of the 2020 draftees at 15 and take my chances on Jenik being there at 30. Recency bias being what it is, the 2020s are likely more in favour than available draftees from previous years.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

At 15th I'd look at Jenik. You need to see what you think of him versus who is actually there, but note the guys above talking about how they think he's as good or better than what may be available at 15, and is of course more proven.

The other thing is that he's very likely Arizona's best forward prospect coming down the pipeline, since they lack picks.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would have Khovanov and Jenik just outside the top 10 in this year's draft. Their upside is just as high as anyone available at that point in this year's draft but they are 2 years closer to getting there. With that said, they will likely be available later in the draft that anyone picked in the top 15-20 of this year's draft (assuming your draft is after the NHL draft). This means that you may be able to trade down and still get these types of guys. However, always remember that it only takes one other GM to be high on these guys for them to be gone before you can draft them.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I got Jenik at 45 in my draft. I was the first one to burst the non-2020 guy bubble.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    I got Jenik at 45 in my draft. I was the first one to burst the non-2020 guy bubble.
    Great value grab