Thread: Move Dahlin for Panarin?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Move Dahlin for Panarin?

Team in sig. Purely an offseason keeper trade, I'm considering going after Panarin, possibly offering Dahlin and either Laine or Gaudreau. (Meaning I'd keep Heiskanen in Dahlin's place, alongside Dougie as my 2D). Other GM isn't that strong on keeper D so I expect Dahlin to be very appealing.

Is that a fair offer? Or am I better to just stick with what I've got? I like the idea of having both Zib and Panarin on NYR, but am I giving up too much in replacing Dahlin with Heiskanen? I have acquired a good set of higher round draft picks for this season too, so I'm definitely aiming for the Win this year
    Thanks.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Move Dahlin for Panarin?

I dont think you should have to add that large of a piece with Dahlin. I'd look at one of your other non-keepers as an add-on. Some of your non-keepers are pretty appealing (Hischier, Meier, Hertl).

To be honest, I'd dangle any of your current D to see which one is more appealing to him and go from there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont think you should have to add that large of a piece with Dahlin. I'd look at one of your other non-keepers as an add-on. Some of your non-keepers are pretty appealing (Hischier, Meier, Hertl).

To be honest, I'd dangle any of your current D to see which one is more appealing to him and go from there.
    I agree that it's an overpay on paper. FWIW I'd probably get another D coming back my way, but it's rather irrelevant because that player will get dropped soon. This is a partial keeper league format and very soon we'll be tossing our non-keeper players back into the draft pool for next season. If I were to make no trade, there's a good chance I'm discarding a player like Heiskanen for no return than the chance to redraft him. There are only 16 D being kept overall across the 8 teams. And generally there aren't a ton of trades in this league.. I've been the most active this year getting trades done.

Let's say the trade is Dahlin and Laine for Pionk and Panarin. But I'm not keeping Pionk and I'd keep Heiskanen who I already have rostered. So in a keeper sense I'm deciding between owning Dahlin and Laine vs. Heiskanen and Panarin. In my mind if I can make an offseason trade that makes my keepers better, I don't mind if I overpay and also help the other GM improve his keepers.

Does that perspective make sense?

Dobber Sports Wizard

in short answer to your Subject is YES, answer to your explanation inside is NO lol

if its Panarin for Dahlin i think you do it in non cap league...if you adding JG or Laine...its a big NO.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    in short answer to your Subject is YES, answer to your explanation inside is NO lol

if its Panarin for Dahlin i think you do it in non cap league...if you adding JG or Laine...its a big NO.
    So points only no cap, you'd do the trade, and then prefer owning Panarin and Heiskanen over Dahlin and JG?

Dobber Sports Wizard

not even close with the combo...absolutely.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not giving away two keepers for one, just so you can keep an extra guy but that's me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Would Laine be a keeper if you did do Dahlin for Panarin straight up?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Would Laine be a keeper if you did do Dahlin for Panarin straight up?
    No, thats the thing.. Each team keeps 4 forwards exactly. So if I did the trade straight up Dahlin for Panarin, I'd probably not keep Laine as I'd be keeping Panarin in his place.

The Great One

I'll be honest - I'd keep Laine over Gaudreau so I'd add JG to the deal. I agree - in a limited keeper, if the player you are sweetening with is one you would drop anyway, then do it. Like you said, leverage the fact that the other owner is weak on keeper worthy forwards. If you really want Panarin go for it.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

One caveat - depending on where you are drafting, keep in mind that if you did not make this trade and dropped say Heiskanen or Laine they would still be potentially available for you to draft again from the pool. If you trade a player to a guy who makes them a keeper that is no longer an option.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Superstar

Tough to say here. Depends on how you rate Dahlin/Hamilton/Heiskenen, and I'm not sure what the right order is there.

Being 10F vs 6D, D are more valuable then forwards, but the flip side is you can only keep 2 of the 3 studs you have, so flipping one for a F upgrade makes sense.

I'm just not sure Dahlin is the one I move, but overall, right idea.

Maybe try and aim higher with a combo offer? What does Dahlin/Laine get you? McDavid on the table at all? I'd probably do whatever it takes for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Tough to say here. Depends on how you rate Dahlin/Hamilton/Heiskenen, and I'm not sure what the right order is there.

Being 10F vs 6D, D are more valuable then forwards, but the flip side is you can only keep 2 of the 3 studs you have, so flipping one for a F upgrade makes sense.

I'm just not sure Dahlin is the one I move, but overall, right idea.

Maybe try and aim higher with a combo offer? What does Dahlin/Laine get you? McDavid on the table at all? I'd probably do whatever it takes for him.
    Good ideas. Due to this keeper format, there are only a few specific teams that are weak on D.. making some of the potential best F targets as Petterson, Panarin, Huberdeau, Kane, Aho.