Thread: That time of year, HB21 would appreciate your in put on final Keepers

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default That time of year, HB21 would appreciate your in put on final Keepers

For the team in sig.

I think I've adequately narrowed down my 10 Farm Keepers based on how my Parent Team has shaped out.
    I need to cut 2 Juniors to get down to 10 (and Blais, Graves and Lizotte, all Farm Eligible will be kept on the parent squad... unless things get crazy)

You can see my current 20 Pro Keepers below.

Do you agree with the 10 Junior Keepers I've bolded in my sig?

Alternative ideas?

Thanks Dobber Nation.

(Fully expect fellow WHL GM's to sound in here... some with genuine feedback, others with less than genuine feedback lol)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: That time of year, HB21 would appreciate your in put on final Keepers

So basically you're asking us if Der-Arguchintsev or Woll should make it over the others already selected.

I do like SDA but I think he's just too far away at this stage of the game to make me want to keep him over the others listed here. FWIW, I am not overly excited about either of your goalie prospects but I'd keep Scott over Woll at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: That time of year, HB21 would appreciate your in put on final Keepers

Looks like a good team in a fun league!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So basically you're asking us if Der-Arguchintsev or Woll should make it over the others already selected.

I do like SDA but I think he's just too far away at this stage of the game to make me want to keep him over the others listed here. FWIW, I am not overly excited about either of your goalie prospects but I'd keep Scott over Woll at this point.
    Yeah, I have a bit of a cavity at the Goalie position. Had to jettison Jones and got what I could for Rinne this off season. Blackwood was almost a throw in on another trade so I'm invested there. Hoping Campbell gets some extra quality starts this year. But Scott and Woll, I agree, are less than eye catching. Woll especially has been STRUGLING! SDA does look fun, but I can't see him even sniffing the show in the next 3 years, so probably not worth it.

Thanks for sounding in Axe. I do have one other strategy I could utilize with 3 Pro keepers all being Junior eligible but that also could get risky in a cap league. Looking to compete this year so best not get TOO crafty! Thanks for beating any WHL GM's here (and There I see Peng sounding in... with a very pleasant post!

Dobber Sports Titan

I think your Leafs bias might be showing by not having dropped those two already haha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think your Leafs bias might be showing by not having dropped those two already haha.
    Maybe your leaf bias is forcing your eyes to go directly to them? lol

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Maybe your leaf bias is forcing your eyes to go directly to them? lol
    Am I biased for or against the Leafs? Haha
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Given my current goalie situation (with Blackwood and Campbell... we only start 1/day) would you consider keeping SDA over Scott? Both seem 3 years minimum away IMO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like who you have for the forwards.

For the goalie keeper, I think situations seems to be really fluid right now, and one of those guys may end up as #3 on a depth chart if things break well for them, which might be strange, but strange happens with goaltending. If you can wait until free agency sorts itself out, I'd probably keep whichever has the better situation, since they are in the same tier, more or less.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I like who you have for the forwards.

For the goalie keeper, I think situations seems to be really fluid right now, and one of those guys may end up as #3 on a depth chart if things break well for them, which might be strange, but strange happens with goaltending. If you can wait until free agency sorts itself out, I'd probably keep whichever has the better situation, since they are in the same tier, more or less.
    Thanks Steve. Keepers must be kept by Oct 3. So can’t wait.

Final spot comes down to Scott, Woll or SDA.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Thanks Steve. Keepers must be kept by Oct 3. So can’t wait.

Final spot comes down to Scott, Woll or SDA.
    ....drop all 3 and go find a better player to keep...
    Follow me @WHLrumourmill for rumblings from around the World Hockey League

Dobber Sports Icon

I would keep the ones you have listed. Doesn't look like you need any help!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Okay, decide on October 2nd, then! Good luck.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by WHLinsider View Post
    ....drop all 3 and go find a better player to keep...
    You're just trying to initiate further trading and twitter activity for you! lol