Thread: Another Evander Trade...

The Great One

Default Another Evander Trade...

So he actually got moved to a new owner who is more focused on a reasonable target. My original thought was to offer his Petry/Evander for my Kreider/Werenski but I like having Kreider as he brings the grit I need and I really feel like he'll hit 60 points handily next season and justify his comtract. Ive actually got 8 solid D in a start 6 so Im wondering if I just move them 0ne for one?

I know I give up the VPA but it addresses a team need (Ill post the whole team)- my dollars per poit are all rosy and I think Im tops in the league but Ive got a lot of "empty calroies" so to speak in Vrana/Burakovsky types.

F (One Dimensional + shots)- Matthews, Huberdeau, Barzal, Nylander, RNH, Vrana, Kaprizov, Burakovsky
    F with more calories- Pearson, Kreider, Nelson, Shotgun Jake Virtanen
    My D- Hamilton, Werenski, Hronek, Ekholm, Gilbert, Gudas, Lehtonen, Trouba (likely has to be dropped for free or traded for weegar.

As a sidenote on my one dimensional guys- not moving AM34 for obvious reasons, I think Barzal signs for 7.5-8 and has Kucherov level upside, I think Nylander gets traded for Dumba and becomes C1 to Kappy and Fiala, Huberdeau already a great dollar per point value- Vrana and Bura breakut candidates should blow their dollar per point value away. I believe Elons theory (Kepping Karlsson) that RNH might be a post hype sleeper especially if he sticks fast with Draisaitl.

In closing:

I know Im giving up the player with growth potential and I also know power forwards break down earlier but it nets me one of the primo hits/pims/points/sog combos in the game. My team wouldnt be a league best for "grit" but theyd likely go from bottom half to top half with one last addition. I could also run out that Petry/Evander for Werenski/Kreider angle too...

The Great One

Default Re: Another Evander Trade...

Is there a question here?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Is there a question here?
    Yes but technically its already antiquated- lol!! :P

The question was- with this team would you move Werenski for Evander?

Its already moot because the other owner values Evander more and I was leery of doing them straight up!! Sorry for exclaiming that Im just really energized this morning...

The Great One

Yeah I don't think I'd do Werenski for Kane. Nor would I do Werenski/Kreider for Petry/Kane.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

Kreider not about to start scoring 60 points at age 29 if he's never done it before with all the deployment opportunities he has had in the past. He is a solid player but his hockey IQ is average and he has stone hands. Also, I can see Laf taking his spot on top line as soon as year one because he's just a better player plain and simple in all aspects besides speed and overall strength. As said above, I do not like the current configuration but I am for upgrading from Kreider to Kane somehow.

The Great One

I think 50-55 is fine with those peripherals anyways- but Ill choose to disagree I think everythings lined up for a perfect season and dont think 60 is an unattainable standard for guys with low hockey IQ...

Dobber Sports Stud

"As a sidenote on my one dimensional guys- not moving AM34 for obvious reasons, I think Barzal signs for 7.5-8 and has Kucherov level upside, I think Nylander gets traded for Dumba and becomes C1 to Kappy and Fiala, Huberdeau already a great dollar per point value- Vrana and Bura breakut candidates should blow their dollar per point value away. I believe Elons theory (Kepping Karlsson) that RNH might be a post hype sleeper especially if he sticks fast with Draisaitl."

Just my thoughts here:

- Barzal is solid but hes about 40-50 points away from Kucherov (110-120 for Kuch, 65-80 for Barzal as long as he is on the Island)

- As a leaf fan, if Minny thinks Nylander can play centre at all, let alone be their #1, God bless them and good luck as they will need it

Everything else I'm on board with in the above quote.

Cheers pal.