Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who ya dropping??

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Who ya dropping??

From the league in my signature, I am required to drop five players for re-drafting. Positions don't matter and we aren't required to carry any goalies if we don't want. It's a straight up points format and we reset each month, with each month paying out to the top three teams.

My initial thoughts are NSchmaltz, Bertuzzi, Zuccarello, Bobrovksy and Im down to one of Fabbri, Palmieri or Yandle.

Anyone got anything different or if you agree with my top four, who from the fifth would you drop?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Who ya dropping??

I’d drop Fabbri of those left. Maybe I would like to keep Brobovsky but I’m not sure who I’d drop instead.
    16 team h2h keeper league. G, A, Pim, PPP, Shp, Sog, FW, Hit, Blk, Win, GAA, SV, SV%, Sho.
    Keep up to 8 players, 2 of them must be dropped after the following season. In bold keeper to next season.
    J Robertson, A Kempe, L Hughes, J Slafkovsky, L Carlsson, D Guenther, J Daccord (droppable), J Lauzon (droppable)

The Great One

seems a bit risky to drop Bobrovsky unless you are certain you can replace him in the draft. You definitely need to have two goalies.

I'd drop: Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Zuccarello, Fabbri, and Palmieri
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    seems a bit risky to drop Bobrovsky unless you are certain you can replace him in the draft. You definitely need to have two goalies.

I'd drop: Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Zuccarello, Fabbri, and Palmieri
    Thats just it, I don't NEED to have two goalies. I can run with zero goalies or I can have ten goalies on my roster if I want. There's not limits on that.

This is a wide open, points-only league. We just have stats for goalies to make them a viable asset for points. Some months, Bobrovsky didn't even count in my top 20 scoring because he had negative points due to losing so many games. Then other months, when he got hot, he was up there in points.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Thats just it, I don't NEED to have two goalies. I can run with zero goalies or I can have ten goalies on my roster if I want. There's not limits on that.

This is a wide open, points-only league. We just have stats for goalies to make them a viable asset for points. Some months, Bobrovsky didn't even count in my top 20 scoring because he had negative points due to losing so many games. Then other months, when he got hot, he was up there in points.
    i second keeping bob...all he needs is 25 wins to outpoint or be very close to either of these guys and i think he bounces back to some degree even tho im not a fan. i would also try to find a way to keep Bert but im not sure you can....Palmieri is a corner piece in multi cat leagues but i think in your format you can afford to loose him.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Palmieri is entering a contract year, do not drop him. Yandle is declining but still a threat for 40 points, 60 point days are over. Fabbri because of his injury history is my selection of those three. The other four I dump are Zucc, Schmaltz, Necas (solely because of deep roster), and Bob based on your explanation that goalies really can be a non factor plus you own Vas anyways.

The Great One

interesting league/format

I see now why you are dropping Bobrovsky
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    interesting league/format

I see now why you are dropping Bobrovsky
    If I thought Bobrovsky could get back to a high level and produce a lot of victories, he's a keeper for me. He was the last few years actually, but after this past season in Florida, I have probably held on too long. We do have a monthly waiver draft that allows us to drop one player and pick up one (Waiver order is based on annual points and I am usually one of the last ones to get a WW pick because I usually am in the money most months) and I should have let Bobrovsky go last season at some point, but I held faith. Silly rabbit. None the less, he is a drop and if I truly wanted him, I could re-draft him, but I doubt I will.

Dobber Sports Expert

Fabbri would be the drop for me.

If you do decide to keep Bob, my next drop would be Yandle. Palmeiri I would keep around.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Bob is a fine drop.
    With W=2, L=-1... you've got a .500 FLA team.
    That means for every 2gp Bob plays, he gets +2, then -1 = 1pt in2gp... and he probably plays 2of3gp.

So that's 1pt in 3gp.
    I mean... if you can get 1pt in 3gp from a skater... it's same.
    And a 0.33p/g skater is just 30pt player.

So yeah... Bob is a drop.

Your picks are good. Fabbri is the other drop.
    There's till too much upside with Palmieri and the developing NJ centers.
    Yandle is still a lock for PP1 time on a good FLA PP1. Hold him.

I think Fabbri WAY overperformed.
    I don't think he puts up 35pts... even in 82gp next year.
    (Bertuzzi would be more of a "keep" for me, then Fabbri.)

Dobber Sports Superstar

As a Yandle owner three years in a row now I'll say that after last year, PP1 isn't a hard lock anymore. Ekblad was slowly but surely creeping in last season and got more looks as time progressed. He will still prob get lions share but he became a very sheltered defender last season.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd be inclining to keep Bertuzzi as his points production is heavily depended on Mantha's health. Healthy Mantha will boost Bertuzzi's total. So Fabbri and Palmieri are who I'd drop. Or Yandle if you're to keep Palmieri

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd consider Fabbri a bit more since, unless I'm mistaken about the format in the league, streaky players may have more value and injury prone players might not as bad as in some other formats. Isn't Fabbri a point-per-game player some months? Could be worth it compared to some other steady, but low point producer.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    I'd consider Fabbri a bit more since, unless I'm mistaken about the format in the league, streaky players may have more value and injury prone players might not as bad as in some other formats. Isn't Fabbri a point-per-game player some months? Could be worth it compared to some other steady, but low point producer.
    You understand it right. One player on a streak could be huge in a short period of time. Every month our stats reset and we start all over again. Top three point producing teams are in the money.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm dropping Fabbri & Yandle, and keeping Bertuzzi instead plus Palmieri.

I have faith in Bertuzzi as a 55+ point guy.
    I have reasonable faith in Palmieri as 50+ point guy.
    I don't have faith in Yandle as a 50+ point guy any longer.
    I don't have faith in Fabbri's health.

I feel that Bertuzzi is improving every year, and next year he can break 50 instead, of just pacing for it. 60+ is in play. If you want to gamble on Fabbri's upside, drop Palmieir, as he's a 55 point ceiling guy.

You correctly look for elite D/G, and the rest are forwards.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.