Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [RE-SIGNED] Sam Gagner 1 yr/$850k

The Great One

Default [RE-SIGNED] Sam Gagner 1 yr/$850k

Not too exciting but decent for both sides. Seems like what Detroit needs during a rebuild...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2029337
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: [RE-SIGNED] Sam Gagne 1 yr/$850k

Thanks for posting. They need some love

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: [RE-SIGNED] Sam Gagner 1 yr/$850k

I have been a fan of Gagner since meeting him and his Mom at the WJHC in Sweden back in 2006 (I think it was 2006!). He was 17 and hadn't been drafted yet. My Ex wanted a picture of her two boys with Sam and Sam's Mom asked him to pose for a photo and he just did what she asked. Good kid who clearly respected his Mom. Been a fan of his ever since.

Good contract for the Wings, they get a useful depth player who still has some offensive ability.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

He's going to be one of the highest paid AHL players.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He's going to be one of the highest paid AHL players.
    Do you really think he can't make the abysmal Red Wings line up or is it that you think they will go with a mostly youthful/prospect laden roster?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Detroit could give a shot to Galchenyuk....could be a good fit...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Do you really think he can't make the abysmal Red Wings line up or is it that you think they will go with a mostly youthful/prospect laden roster?
    I think he'll earn his way to the AHL sooner rather than later.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

The Wings have a ton of holes....obviously. I think it's time for Abdelkader to head to the AHL for good so maybe Gagner does stick around.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm fine with a one-year small deal for Gagner to plug a spot for the time being.
    I cannot wait to get rid of Abdelkader and Neilson's contracts.

Administrator

Vets are really important in a rebuild. Not just leadership/whatever but also plugging holes so you're not promoting random prospects who are not ready. Someone has to play those difficult games.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Vets are really important in a rebuild. Not just leadership/whatever but also plugging holes so you're not promoting random prospects who are not ready. Someone has to play those difficult games.
    Ken Holland took care of that. Filppula. Helm. Nielsen. Abdelkader. Not sure if they can go anywhere.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I had ( probably still have) a PC hockey game with him on the cover.

This signing gives them a vet who can do what the guys Holland signed can't anymore.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I had ( probably still have) a PC hockey game with him on the cover.

This signing gives them a vet who can do what the guys Holland signed can't anymore.
    Yep and here's hoping Gagner can at least fetch something at the deadline. Unlikely....but he has a better chance than Abdelkader.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I see this signing as filling a roster spot and keeping cap space.
    Competitive teams (as we are seeing with NYR) know cap will be tight.
    The more cap space DET has... the more ability they have to take on a contract.
    Everything is an asset in hockey signings... and a low-cost NHL-roster spot like $850k for Gagner is just that.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ken Holland took care of that. Filppula. Helm. Nielsen. Abdelkader. Not sure if they can go anywhere.
    lol, that gave me a good laugh.

One thing Gagner does bring to the team is a RH shot to a forward group that are all lefties, it's not much of a perk but it can give them some different looks on the PP and should be enough to keep him from being demoted.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar