Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evaluate the last couple moves I made please!

The Great One

Default Evaluate the last couple moves I made please!

So I inherited a team in a multi cat dynasty that was newly drafted (whih is crazy if you ask me- lol!). The guy did his homewrok though and it seemed very competetive right out of the gate. That being said I still made a flurry of moves including a very "insecure" trade a goalie for Hughes and then chiocken out and trade Hughes for a goalie flurry of moves- lol! Ill post my team at the end.

Hart for Jughes and Korpisalo...

And then two months later- Hughes for Petersen and Josi...

Where I immidiately flipped Petersen, Glass and MFoligno for JRobertson, Ullmark and Grtzlaf- Im bullish on Ullmark and think hes the bees knees...

I did some other good trades- Vrana for futures...

Some debatable ones- Fiala AND Duchene for ROR...

And just recently I flipped Suzuki (who I have a decidedly mannish crush on) for Seguin because I feel like this team is ready to rock right now...

Cats: G(2) A(2) STP Sog, Hits Blocks and FOW for your center spot only. Goalie cats are W(2) Saves, Save %, and GAA

My team after the flurry of fractious fandangling...

C- ROR, Kadri, Getzlaf
    RW- Seguin(C), Plmieri, Kase
    LW- FF, Vrana, Olofsson
    D- Josi, Klefbom, Ghost, Myers
    G- Korpi, Ullmark
    Bn- Schultz, Zuccarello, Allen, Dubnyk

Last Words

Im trying to move DD with Schultz and my last third rounder for Rannata so I get just that little bit extra goaltending insurance. Im obviously considering flipping Robertson as well and if I dont move him in the Raanta deal I think Id look at a Myers upgrade. I was going to traget a C originally but with the acquisiotn of Seguin and Getzlaf I feel like Im ok there now. This team has a decidedly "gritty" feel too and went from a league worst FOW projection to Id say one of the best. I had very little futures when I started and a lot of 2/3 line tweeners and 3/4 dmen but now I have essentially none outside of Robertson and a 3rd. No spects , no picks- Im all in fallas!!!Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Evaluate the last couple moves I made please!

Your posts are always entertaining; love the enthusiasm. I also love trading in fantasy hockey, but with all due respect, sometimes it seems like you make deals just for the sake of it. It's hard to evaluate because there are so many deals, but as a whole, I personally don't like most of them.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, which you asked for, so don't take offense. I could be wrong, and you might win your league. However, I think your team has alot of questions marks on it other than Josi....

I would have stuck with Hughes, Suzuki and built around them. Seguin better bounce back because he has 19 goals in 93 games (playoffs and season) and 58 points. Getzlaf is clearly all but done...I could go on about everyone else, but you get the idea.

I just don't see this ending well (hope I'm wrong).

Good luck either way my friend!

The Great One

You don’t say how many teams are in he league. Well I’d much rather have Hart than either of the Gs you do have. Korpisalo is ok though. Possible trade option for the Blue Jackets. Not sure about the O’Reilly trade. Fiala should have RW eligibility - you could use the help there. Centers are easier to come by. Getzlaf? Is he even in the league any more? Yuck.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    You don’t say how many teams are in he league. Well I’d much rather have Hart than either of the Gs you do have. Korpisalo is ok though. Possible trade option for the Blue Jackets. Not sure about the O’Reilly trade. Fiala should have RW eligibility - you could use the help there. Centers are easier to come by. Getzlaf? Is he even in the league any more? Yuck.
    The Fiala one is going to sting BAD i think...gets like 6 SOG a game to boot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hart trade is not bad. I call it even, for now

Hughes for Petterson an Josi is a win and a good one at that
    But you threw it away with the next trade.

Vrana for futures could be good. But what futures?

The Fiala and Duchene trade for ROR is only a wash if Fiala fails to breakout this season and Duchene is just as bad this season coming as the 19/20 season

Hope Seguin turns it around.

Love that you are active and not afraid to make trades, but a lot of these trades are reckless and put you behind other teams instead of catching or passing them.

The Great One

24 teams

Dobber Sports Stud

Like it was said previously, your enthusiasm is great. But no offence Emu, you need to dial down on the trading.
    You'll never be able to establish a clear strategy by moving so many parts and by taking knee-jerk reactions.
    Good luck with your teams.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

The Great One

I think this teams going to destroy a 24 team leaue- Ill keep you guys posted...

- - - Updated - - -

Just landed Lehtonen and Hutton for Allen and a third.

The Great One

Lehtonen?? Who is that?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lehtonen?? Who is that?
    lol...u should do some research sir

offensively gifted 26 years old from KHL that signed with leafs ....maybe nice add...but Allen is way too much to pay for someone who never played in NHL and a goalie who may never play again...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I think this teams going to destroy a 24 team leaue- Ill keep you guys posted...

- - - Updated - - -

Just landed Lehtonen and Hutton for Allen and a third.
    Good luck sir....like I said I like your moxie.

Cheers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You mean to tell us, you got Jack Hughes for Elias Petterson AND Roman Josi. ..... Good for you. !!!! What league are you in for that trade to be made... I want to join.

Hart trade.... Long range you lose but play for the now. Penguins style....

I'm a Lehtonen fan too. I scooped him in my league but that Hutton and Allen part ughhh that's tough.

Fiala and Duchene for ROR won't be too bad if ROR doesn't drop off too much.

Good for you, keep trading.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Good luck sir....like I said I like your moxie.

Cheers
    We shall see...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    You mean to tell us, you got Jack Hughes for Elias Petterson AND Roman Josi. ..... Good for you. !!!! What league are you in for that trade to be made... I want to join.

Hart trade.... Long range you lose but play for the now. Penguins style....

I'm a Lehtonen fan too. I scooped him in my league but that Hutton and Allen part ughhh that's tough.

Fiala and Duchene for ROR won't be too bad if ROR doesn't drop off too much.

Good for you, keep trading.
    Hutton becomes the handcuff to Ullmark so I have the Sabres locked down...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Hutton becomes the handcuff to Ullmark so I have the Sabres locked down...
    Could be but I really wouldn't count on this going into next season. Even not factoring in Hutton's health issues last season it's a buyer's market for goalies this offseason if Buffalo just wants to shake thngs up. Buffalo's owners reportedly cutting costs could prevent them from bringing in anyone new with Hutton already under contract but I'm keeping an eye on 3rd stringer Jonas Johansson to work his way up the depth chart if given another opportunity.

I'm not the only one Ramblings: Buffalo sleeper, Goalie outlooks for Detroit and the ...

Prospect goaltender Jonas Johansson, who I've been pretty high on this year, was recalled by the Sabres (as I'm sure you know by now) last week. Linus Ullmark is out for three or four weeks and Carter Hutton has been inconsistent all season (to put it politely). Hutton does have three Quality Starts in his last four games, while Johansson has started two of the last three and has been mediocre (0.889 SV%, 0-1-1). I'm very interested in the goaltending situation with Buffalo for keeper leagues because the team is eventually going to be great for a long time. I know you don't believe that, but I say this because any team with a superstar forward and a superstar defenseman is going to eventually be a playoff team. Eichel is now a superstar, while Rasmus Dahlin is another year or two away from being that superstar defenseman. So when Buffalo starts piling up the W's, who will be their goalie? My guess in the summer was Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. But UPL has had a rough start to his pro career, while Johansson has been amazing with a 0.925 SV% in 20 AHL games.
    I'd bet Hutton gets knocked down to be Rochester's backup by the end of 2020/21 if he's not banished to LTIR.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Could be but I really wouldn't count on this going into next season. Even not factoring in Hutton's health issues last season it's a buyer's market for goalies this offseason if Buffalo just wants to shake thngs up. Buffalo's owners reportedly cutting costs could prevent them from bringing in anyone new with Hutton already under contract but I'm keeping an eye on 3rd stringer Jonas Johansson to work his way up the depth chart if given another opportunity.

I'm not the only one Ramblings: Buffalo sleeper, Goalie outlooks for Detroit and the ...

I'd bet Hutton gets knocked down to be Rochester's backup by the end of 2020/21 if he's not banished to LTIR.
    Yea I remember reading that. I dont really ascribe to that myself and said as much in one of the Ullmark threads I started. I mean Im not bitter if he does- I didnt give up a heck of a lot- Im higher on Lehtonen than most because he avergaes a ton of shots which is something I hold in very high esteem for dmen and something I think will play out well in Van as reilly is more of a playmaker. Id have no problem dropping him for JJ (whose available still). Hutton had a sick stretch last year where he couldnt be beat. I dont think he contends as a starter anymore but I think he did enough to earn his last contractual season as the backup. I could be wrong but Ive got my bases covered either way now and I got the dman I like to boot.