Thread: Goalies on the move and the teams that need them!

The Great One

Default Goalies on the move and the teams that need them!

Goalies on the Move!! Where are they Going?

My big three so to speak are Markstrom, Holtby, Murray and Raanta(assuming Lehner signs in LV). Maybe Bishop? Anderson said hes looking but Im skeptical. Ill skip Seattle as theyre ot a real landing spot til next year. So where are the realistic landing spots?

Anaheim Ducks- I think Gibson is one of the leagues finest and no real need here.
    Boston Bruins- This is vaguely interesting after the bubble incident but at his age with his pedigree I think they just ride out Rasks remaining years.
    Buffalo Sabres- This is a coin toss but Im bullish on Ullmark. Honestly a strong 1b makes more sense (Like Greiss) than does a bonafide workhorse starter.
    Calgary Flames- I hear them in all the rumor mills and I dont unfderstand why- Rittich was an all star last year and Talbot more than capable as a number two.
    Carolina Hurricanes- I think this is a legtimate spot. Mrazek can likely function as a better than average 25-30 start backup but itd mean a Reimer buyout. Is Nedj starter calliber though? I own him and Im betting no sadly
    Chicago Blackhawks- Another solid spot assuming they move on from Crawford. Didnt Raanta start out here?? Man thatd be a great fit.
    Colorado Avalanche- Another team in the rumor mill but I see a solid tandem there already. Ill skip them for the purpioses of this list.
    Columbus Blue Jackets- This is a goalie farm- passing...
    Dallas Stars- I think Khudini the starter for a couple years now
    Detroit Red Wings- This is tough? Theyre so mired in their re-build do they even bother? Any tender that signs here will struggle in the fantasy game in the short term.
    Edmonton Oilers- Another rumor mill team but most pundits close to the team swear Kosst-Ko is their boy going forward.
    Florida Panthers- Theyll sink or swim with goalie bob for one more season minimum.
    Los Angeles Kings- I think theyre set in the short term with the Kung Fu apprenticeship between Quick and Cal
    Minnesota Wild- Much like Carolina this would be a fantastic spot but it depends how much faith they have in Kakko. I could see them going for a veteran as they are always going for the quick turnaround and it might finally happen this year. I can see Muurray here and revitalize his career like DD did. Also leaves more room for KK to get some work in. Im from Tbay and Minny pretty close to here (MM a local boy!)
    Montreal Canadiens- In Price they trust.
    Nashville Predators- Hands full with incumbent Saros and the Rinne the energizer bunny that is Rinne- just not quitting.
    New Jersey Devils- I think Blackwood did enough in the second half to warrant a longer leash this year.
    New York Islanders- Varlamov will be the gatekeeper for Sorokin. Their tending will be the envy of the league.
    New York Rangers- Shhhhhh. Shesterkin.
    Ottawa Senators- I really, really believed theyd go with Nilsson- trying to save on the cap, not really being ready to contend and hes shown hell play and play well in front of a struggling team. That being said an Ottawa article is what prompted this list for me. Id love to see Ben Bishop go back there and mentor Nillsson while the spects are marinating.
    Philadelphia Flyers- Theyve got Hart.
    Phoenix Coyotes- Kuemper is a beast!
    Pittsburgh Penguins- There situation is jarry-ing!
    Saint Louis Blues- The skittle master reigns supreme.
    San Jose Sharks- I can see them thinking theyre rady and add a Holtby! It will be enough to maintain the status quo but not anything more. AKA the San Jose method.
    Tampa Bay Lighting- Passing...
    Toronto Maple Leafs- Andy for one more year then theyll shake it up with Korpisalo as a free agent signing necxt year.
    Vancouver Canucks- I think despite the odds Markstrom stays here while Demko develops. I could be wrong. Thatcher sure looked ready in the playoffs. They can always expose him after one more year or try to move him in season if Demko ;ooks like the real deal over a more realistic sample size.
    Washington Capitals- Ilyas time.
    Winnipeg Jets- When Hell freezes over- aka Hellebyuck gets cold- maybe theyll consider a move.
    Vegas Golden Knights- Lehner signed and didnt tell anyone that sneaky addict practicing old behaviours!!!!

So my conclusions:

Raanta goes back to Chicago where he started mentoring under Crawford. This time hes the starter but still gets notes from his mentor who signs for one more year as a "live in" goalie coach.
    Value: Significantly up- he becomes a starter on an improving team and fits in seamlessly as hes somewhat familiar with their overall style if not the exact systems they play.

Murray goes to close to home in Minnesota where he revitalizes his career much like a struggling Devan Dubnyk did so many years ago. He thrives in a not quite workhorse role as KK takes on 30 starts or so right out of the gate giving ample rest to that lanky frame of his.
    Value: League avergae starter who takes a bit of a hit in games played but gives s-more than his share of quality starts.

Holtby goes to San Jose where he plays Holt-hum hockey for a Ho-hum team.
    Value: I mean its not a step down. Its about as good as Holtby owners could hope for. In fact if EK can find a golden ankle somewhere and get back to his glory days this may een be an improivement. Also the quirky Holtby (google holtby-isms if you dont know what I mean)- might need just this type of shake up to jar him out of complacency and get back to lead greatness. Theres not a lot of downside for real upside here despite the overwhelming mediocrity of this move as a whole.

Bishop goes back to Ottawa where he forms yet another tandem with fellow 6 foot sixer Nilsson. They are forever known as the twin towers and Ottawas rebuild actually takes a meaningful step forward as they build from the net out and get it right.
    Value: Wins are hard to come by but perip[herals are excellent. The tandem effect also limits their true potential. Owning both in a daily starts league becomes a viable strategy while they lose the bulk of their value in weekly starts leagues.

Markstrom stays in Vancouver for at least one more season before hes poached by the Kraken and becomes the face of Seattles new franchise. Yes this is abit of a cop out and really not that fun but you HAVE to admit hes fit like a glove in Vancouver and may not want to mess with that chemistry just quite yet after years and years worth of struggles.
    Value: The same obviously. By the time hes drafted by Seattle it will be difficult to know what hes getting into team wise. I dont think they are as good as Las Vegas but will likely still be a solid team somewhere in the middle to top half of the league.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Goalies on the move and the teams that need them!

Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.