Thread: Offer for Makar or Quinn Hughes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Offer for Makar or Quinn Hughes

A fellow GM in my pool is hard after Maker or Quinn Hughes...

Mikko Rantanen or Brayden Point for Makar or Hughes

my gut is to gracefully decline as I feel that even though my team really needs an 80 point scorer, Makar and Hughes are rare and being that this is a keeper/dynasty I will regret this trade.... Thoughts? ( I look at trades for at least 3 years into the future)
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

The Great One

Default Re: Offer for Makar or Quinn Hughes

Your signature has a lot of information, but nothing about how you get points....

It's also an extremely confusing signature: a dynasty league, but you draft up to 35 players?

If it's points only, I want a top five scorer for either of those D.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Your signature has a lot of information, but nothing about how you get points....

It's also an extremely confusing signature: a dynasty league, but you draft up to 35 players?

actually it says points only....and cause it’s points only I’m staying with your D..
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We keep who we want every year but draft up to 35. After one month we all have to "cut" down to 30 players for the season. Its a points only league. 1 point for goals & assists, defenseman get 2 points per goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post

draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersyFan View Post
    We keep who we want every year but draft up to 35. After one month we all have to "cut" down to 30 players for the season. Its a points only league. 1 point for goals & assists, defenseman get 2 points per goal.
    with 2 points per goal these guys will get you close to PPG...i definitely keeping my D..this is assuming positions count

Dobber Sports Stud

I points only pools, makar and Hughes are absolutely studs. I'm not trading either (especially right now) unless my doors get blown off.

I guarantee you if you publicly tell your league you will look at offers for either, you will get a very nice bidding war going for both

Dobber Sports Superstar

you have a wealth of young talent on the blue line to survive losing one in the swap. Chabot still has another gear or two IMO as the Sens improve around him. Point in a one for one is more than fair.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think it's a fair deal, and you can only dress 3 of those young D, and you have Sergachev/Dunn to be a 3rd guy.

I'd do it for positional needs, and get Point.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd decline. Makar and Hughes are arguably top 5 D and forwards are more easily replaced.
    I love both Rantanen and Point, and the deal isn't bad, but you'd be trading a top 5 D for a top 15 F. That being said, your forwards need help so if you wanted to send one of your forwards (e.g. Tank) along with Makar/Hughes for both forwards, I'd look at that.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I hear you, but I am patient and I my focus has been to build my defence over the last 3 years. I took Makar 3rd overall in his draft year and Hughes 3rd overall as well. I absolutely love Point as I think he may be the lightnings best player and stirs the drink for that team now and in the future. However, I have a few young forwards that hopefully can take the next step in the next 2 years. "IF" I end up moving one of Makar or Hughes it can't be just fair it has to be an offer I can't refuse. Now having said that I haven't won anything either! QUOTE=stevegamer;2075207]I think it's a fair deal, and you can only dress 3 of those young D, and you have Sergachev/Dunn to be a 3rd guy.

I'd do it for positional needs, and get Point.[/QUOTE]

Dobber Sports Wizard

waht kind of D does the other GM have? would he be interested in both Sergachev and Chabot for Rantanen for example? (i dont think he would for point) i would do that and run with Dunn as my 3rd

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He has Theadore, Subban, Klingberg, OEL, Jones & Leddy. Romanov, Harley & Soderstrom as prospects. The Gm is very astute, so him wanting one of Makar or Hughes makes me nervous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    waht kind of D does the other GM have? would he be interested in both Sergachev and Chabot for Rantanen for example? (i dont think he would for point) i would do that and run with Dunn as my 3rd

The Great One

Makar or Hughes for Point or Rantanen is at best a wash. I don't really see the point in making the deal.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98