Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [BUYOUT] Bobby Ryan

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [BUYOUT] Bobby Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    I'm sure several contenders could find a fit for him as a middle 6 winger with offensive pop. I imagine itll be in the US somewhere and probably where hockey isnt a big thing so he can just go about his day.
    I thought he could do that in Ottawa....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I thought he could do that in Ottawa....

never seen this before lol..this is great!
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Ryan released a statement and the first sentence was "it came as a bit of a shock to me"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yea, I think there's lots of reasons to think Melnyk is a bad owner and want him out, but I'm not sure this is one of them. It saves them a relatively small amount of cash to do so. I'd imagine this is more of a hockey move than a financial one.

I think lots of teams should be looking to gamble on Ryan on a short term deal. Pittsburgh could use a player like him to help out their PP, Calgary is always looking for RH forwards, I think he could help a couple teams.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Could Ottawa be a destination for some teams looking to dump high cap hit players as long as their old teams eat some of the salary? I think a lot of teams will have to shed cap space with a flat cap this year and I would expect similar the year after - when are fans going to be showing up in any appreciable numbers? I know there will be TV contracts providing income, but a fair amount of profit comes from the business of having people buy tickets and concession/parking. I would love to see a new owner for Ottawa - the team has some great young assets and will add at least 2 more this draft year.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Yeah... it's a viable strategy lately. I'll take your crap contract if we get something for doing it.
    So the question is "What does Arizona have to ADD to get Ottawa to take Stepan's contract?"
    A... 3rd?
    It cost the Maple Leafs a first to get rid of Marleau's contract. And Ottawa already has thee 1sts, 4 2nds, and 2 3rds this year.

Arizona's earliest pick this year is a 4th rounder, and they have no first or third round pick next year.

My guess is it would take a prospect to make it work?

The Great One

Arizona is in some trouble for sure. If I were them I'd offer a high end roster player and a prospect to get the Sens to take Stephan. And then I'd try for a pick in return too. Say a Dvorak or Garland. It's going to cost them for sure. Sens could also use a goalie...Raanta?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Hasn't Ottawa always been a destination under Melnyk for players who make less than their cap hit, and who are some sort of distressed asset that comes at a discount.

Melnyk can do something good for another human being, I'm sure, but it also needs to benefit him at least as much.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    It cost the Maple Leafs a first to get rid of Marleau's contract. And Ottawa already has thee 1sts, 4 2nds, and 2 3rds this year.

Arizona's earliest pick this year is a 4th rounder, and they have no first or third round pick next year.

My guess is it would take a prospect to make it work?
    I'm sure Ottawa would be willing to look at next year's draft picks too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Hasn't Ottawa always been a destination under Melnyk for players who make less than their cap hit, and who are some sort of distressed asset that comes at a discount.
    This is where my head is at as well.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Guru

Remember when the Sens went to the third round in 2017, just three years ago?

With the buyout of Ryan, and the announcement that Anderson and Boro will not be back, there are no players left from that team in Sens organization. That's a crazy turnover.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Remember when the Sens went to the third round in 2017, just three years ago?

With the buyout of Ryan, and the announcement that Anderson and Boro will not be back, there are no players left from that team in Sens organization. That's a crazy turnover.
    Colin White says hi. He played 1 playoff game that year. Borowiecki only played 2.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Per Darren Dreger

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...688346112?s=20

Out with the old guard in Ottawa with them stating they also wouldn't be re-signing Anderson.

Also, how the F they gonna make the floor lol

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/senators

They can bring back Yashin....maybe he’s still under contract.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Master

I'd imagine there might be some ''good value'' players who have favorable phantom cap hits offered to the sens to help reach floor .

clutterbuck can still play a good role on a rebuilding team and has a front loaded deal that would give sens 3.5 cap hit with just 2.5 mil salary for 2 seasons .

Is the floor still 60.2 mil ?