Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who do you like for 2020/21? depth scorer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who do you like for 2020/21? depth scorer

Brock Nelson
    Alex Killorn
    Bryan Rust
    Onrej Palat

The above players are all available in my keeper league and I am looking to add one of them to my team as an older depth scorer. Killorn would be 31 so he actually could be rostered as a vet in my league settings so could be a good depth add for that spot (always injuries and I currently have no vets). Of the above which player do you think has the highest upside and best opportunity? Nelson & Palat have been beasts in the playoffs but regular season is always different. Hornqvist is now out so does that give Rust an opportunity?
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Who do you like for 2020/21? depth scorer

At this point, I'd say Nelson would be my top choice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Nelson or Rust is the play here. I feel like their floors are around where Palat and Killorn have consistently landed every year. I know Killorn had a bit of a better season this year but he also shot at a 20% shooting rate which is abnormally higher for him. Based on your team i feel like Nelson or Rust automatically slots right into one of your starting 7 forwards in most weeks.

The veteran angle is interesting though, what are your other "veteran" options? If Killorn is actually miles ahead of the rest of the eligible vets then he might be the play.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Great One

Nelsons contract sucks thoiugh...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    ...and this is relevant to the OP's question, how?

The Great One

If anyones looking at this and plays in a cap league its worth mentioning that his contract sucks because he'll have to hit the higher end of his upside to justify it? I didnt say anything negative about the player- just that Im not a fan of his contract- is that alright with you?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Palat has been quit impressive in playoffs. If he can stick on that top line i think he may get most points next year....

but i agree with others, Nelson would be safe bet.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Really? I dont mind it, especially if he's hitting 60+ points. His 54pts in 68 games this past season say that's not out of the question.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Palat has been quit impressive in playoffs. If he can stick on that top line i think he may get most points next year....

but i agree with others, Nelson would be safe bet.
    The only thing that makes me uncomfortable with Palat (and Killorn for that matter) is that these guys have been on the team for like 6-7 years, and the core of that team hasn't changed a whole lot. We kind of know how that team plays out.

You got Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, and Hedman all getting theirs, and then after that it's pretty much a toss up between the remaining players based on who plays with who.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nelson.
    (Especially since I don't see ANY.thing in the OP to suggest $$$ are in play in that fantasy format.)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So this a points only keeper/dynasty league. Goals, assists & shut outs. Defensman get 2 points per goal. In our league players that turn 33 years old before October 1 become UFA's and go back into the pool for drafting.

Crosby, Ovechkin, Bergeron, Malikin, Wheeler, Rask, Price, Burns etc etc.... are all available to draft and of course are gone within the first 2 rounds usually. They would all qualify as "Vets" but can also be dressed as one of your 6 forwards or 3 def etc. I have 3 firsts and 3 seconds this year so have lots of options but its also a nice crop of 2020 draft players to choose from. I am guessing I will land 2 quality or 3 quality UFA's and 3 quality projects in the first 2 rounds. Killorn would be a depth insurance in case one of the UFA's gets insured.
    Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I think Nelson or Rust is the play here. I feel like their floors are around where Palat and Killorn have consistently landed every year. I know Killorn had a bit of a better season this year but he also shot at a 20% shooting rate which is abnormally higher for him. Based on your team i feel like Nelson or Rust automatically slots right into one of your starting 7 forwards in most weeks.

The veteran angle is interesting though, what are your other "veteran" options? If Killorn is actually miles ahead of the rest of the eligible vets then he might be the play.
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Ninja

With 3 firsts and 3 seconds i don't think you need to concern yourself with Killorn taking up that vet spot lol...seems like you're going to have an abundance of quality vet options.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Haha yes, but with my luck and injuries one never knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    With 3 firsts and 3 seconds i don't think you need to concern yourself with Killorn taking up that vet spot lol...seems like you're going to have an abundance of quality vet options.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have the feeling Palat and/or Killhorn will be traded.

Probably go Nelson here
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

The Great One

FWIW, I suspect at least two players are going to be dealt in Tampa, which could lead to more playing time for Palat (if he stays), or he could end up on another team with a top 6 role and 1st unit PP time (if he is traded).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98