Thread: Dumba v Doughty v Letang

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dumba v Doughty v Letang

Hi all,

Multicat Roto League - Cats are: - G, A, Shots, PPP, PIMs, Hits, Blocks, Takeaways.

Weekly lockout, play 4C 3LW 3RW 2F, 6D , 2 goalies.

Last year I kept Dumba, Doughty and Letang. This year one needs to go as Chabot is no longer a "free" keeper for me.

Dumba is younger and was dynamite in 18-19 until the injury and was just OK last year. (108th FHG). Doughty is older and had a down year (101st FHG) but has been a great player in this setup historically. Letang is very old, but has been elite in this setup (36th FHG) how many good years could he have left?

My team is OK, I try to contend each year. I am torn as to whether it is time to move on from one of the older guys and hold Dumba who could be a gun for next 5 years. Who would you drop?

C: Tavares, ROR, Kadri
    W: Hall, Stamkos, Guentzel, Konency
    D: Chabot, Hamilton, Letang, Doughty
    G: Lehner, Gibson

Free Keepers: Heiskanen, Patrick, Dach, Blais, Kunin
    Farm: Zegras Knight

Thanks, guys

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Dumba v Doughty v Letang

So, the obvious question is WHEN do you need to do this? Because while Letang will be a Penguin, and Doughty stays in LA, does Minnesota trade Dumba? And to whom? In your position, I’d delay this decision as long as I could.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    So, the obvious question is WHEN do you need to do this? Because while Letang will be a Penguin, and Doughty stays in LA, does Minnesota trade Dumba? And to whom? In your position, I’d delay this decision as long as I could.
    My thoughts as well.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

My first thought is Letang is a keep. When was the last time he wasn't the best of these 3?

Wait to see what the Dumba situation is, as the others have said.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think I'd still want Letang no matter where Dumba lands.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah i don't understand why Letang is even in this discussion if you need to chip one player. I value him much higher than either of the other two guys, regardless of where Dumba lands like Axeman stated.

To me it's a two horse race. I'd probably keep Dumba over Doughty since I don't expect LA to be much better than they were last year. He's coming off two subpar seasons and he's only gotten older. Dumba typically (except for last season) tends to provide the same relative value to Doughty in the peripheral categories too.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Letang is a lock.

Tough call between Dumba and Doughty. Like others have said I would like to see where Dumba might land. I think over the next season or two they should be close to a wash but obviously long term I prefer Dumba.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks all.

The date to nominate keepers is pushed back indefinitely so I can sit tight here. As a Kings fan I want DD, but if Dumba lands in a good spot I'll lean that way.

Only reason Letang was in discussion because Im thinking he has like 1-2 years max at this level. However, Heiskanen will warrant a keeper spot as of next season, so might be a transition from Letang to Miro.

Thanks

Could be a transition from the non-Letang guy to Miro, honestly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Every league is different, but because Letang almost always misses games, he is a player I tend to avoid in my league. We have weekly starts (not daily) and minimum weekly starts per player. If I suit up Letang at the beginning of the week, and then he gets injured, it virtually guarantees a loss for me that week.

I know Dumba got hurt last year and any player could get hurt, but Letang's one of the most consistently injured players in the NHL, and I don't see that changing based on his age and playing style.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Every league is different, but because Letang almost always misses games, he is a player I tend to avoid in my league. We have weekly starts (not daily) and minimum weekly starts per player. If I suit up Letang at the beginning of the week, and then he gets injured, it virtually guarantees a loss for me that week.

I know Dumba got hurt last year and any player could get hurt, but Letang's one of the most consistently injured players in the NHL, and I don't see that changing based on his age and playing style.
    This is correct - and it's why you need know your league. I'm in 2 leagues, and Letang's on both rosters. The league in my sig has backups who play if starters don't in a given week. I inherited him in the other one, it's daily starts with an IR. In these situations, missed games aren't much of a problem.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Same situation here. I mentioned in OP that we have weekly lockouts and roto league. So whilst he doesnt cost you a win, he can cost you 2-3 games of a defender in a week. Dont get me wrong he is the only guy on my team from original draft in 2010, I love the guy. But he does get banged up and isnt young.

The Great One

Definitely be patient then as the date has been pushed back. At this point I'd lean to dropping Dumba or those options. Dumba most likely will benefit from a change on scenery - but I don't know that it'll be enough to make him worth more than Letang or Doughty. I don't think so.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch