Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Dobber Mock NHL Entry Draft

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: 2020 Dobber Mock NHL Entry Draft

May I have the Blue Jackets or the Sharks?
    12-team Dynasty Salary
    G-A-H-B/W-SO
    Crosby, Giroux, Pavelski, Hagel, Tarasenko, Terry, Bjorkstrand, Joshua, Cotter, Drury, Holtz, Kasper, Dorofeyev, Rosén, Brindley
    Dunn, Sergachev, Nurse, Trouba, Girard, Harley, Korczak, Söderström, Luneau, Pickering, Behrens, Rinzel
    Bobrovsky, Woll, Patera, Garand

10-team Dynasty Roto
    G-A-FOW-STP-H-B/W-GAA-Sv%
    Matthews, Hyman, Bratt, Guentzel, Thompson, Horvat, Lindholm, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Konecny, Rust, Laine, Peterka, Neighbours, Kemell, Snuggerud, Bourque, Wood, Öhgren
    Makar, Josi, Dobson, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Faber, Spence, Edvinsson, Zellweger, Willander, Bonk, Casey
    Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, Georgiev,
    Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

All teams are now assigned.

I am good with us kicking this off anytime. I don't think waiting for the end of the Stanley Cup Finals is going to change anything.

I am going to start up another thread for picks only... and we can get this going whenever Chuck is done his research for who to take 1st overall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

3- We are going to try and keep this draft as close to the real draft as possible. So if there are picks that are traded we will make the trades and make it work. If a pick involved in a trade has already been made, we will leave that pick as is and make a note that it was traded after the fact.

Example - If we are in the draft process at pick number 14 and the Devils trade their 18th pick and a 3rd rounder for pick number 11. Then we will leave pick number 11 and make the change at Pick 18 to the Predators. I know its not perfect... but its the best that I could come up with.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Damn. Totally missed this one.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

[QUOTE=PenguinHunter;2074905]I gave you our Flyers!

- - - Updated - - -

This was unexpected. I have a ton of pressure on me. Time to see if I can find the next Gostisbehere!
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

So... third pick felt like #2 a year ago. I’d be equally happy with Byfield or Stützle, especially for a rebuilding Ottawa team that’s treading water for 2 years then could truly challenge by 2023-24 or 24-25. They simply need to not screw this up by over-thinking or trading future stars for present-day journeymen. Present ownership just keep hands off !!
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Titan

It sounds like they are going to go with whoever is left of Byfield or Stutzle. It's their second pick that they really need to nail.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

We may need to employ some auto picks, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jtloveshack View Post
    I sent redwings401959 a PM. I also checked to see last activity and it was the post for signing up on Thursday.

So I guess we will wait a bit longer and see - I always struggle on how long to wait because I feel like a jerk giving up someone's spot, but I also don't want to set a precedent that people can take forvever to make their picks. Especially when we only have 9 days until the draft starts (10 days until round 2 starts)

​​

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Damn. Totally missed this one.
    hockeyrobot, are you available to take over the Red Wings picks if we do not get a reply back soon?

​​

Quote Originally Posted by jtloveshack View Post
    I have PMed redwings 401959 and will turn on the autopick clock for 230 PM EST.

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok, so my rant here: This guy or that guy you’d pick at #9 but not #5... If he’s the best for your organization then the only number that matters is when your next pick falls, and will “your guy” still be available then? If Ottawa had Blackwood or Gibson or even Ullmark, this might not be so obvious to me - - but they don’t. Try this: name the 18 players chosen before Andrei Vasilevskiy in 2012. Or the 40-some from pick 5 to pick 48 in 2016, and which team wouldn’t rather have had Carter Hart? The GK’s taken in the first round since Vasilevskiy? Samsonov, Oettinger, Spencer Knight. Askarov is very unlikely to strike out, and he WILL be their guy in 3 years, when the team is ready to contend (or at very least be respectable).

And, dear Sens management - a simple “thank you” card for my advisory fee will suffice. But two 2021 tix enclosed would be nicer.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont lie, I'll laugh if they draft him at 5. Then in five years time I might look foolish, but today, I'll laugh. Huuuuuge gamble that early.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wont lie, I'll laugh if they draft him at 5. Then in five years time I might look foolish, but today, I'll laugh. Huuuuuge gamble that early.
    I think it’s a reach too - but one Ottawa must take. Skaters are crapshoots, too.