Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Dobber Mock NHL Entry Draft

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2020 Dobber Mock NHL Entry Draft

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonYann View Post
    I just read that Askarov was named rookie of the week in the KHL. Good sign!
    I wonder how much the overseas players are going to see their draft stock raise because of strong starts to seasons (or fall if they have difficult starts)

Recency bias is a hard thing to ignore.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The Askarov move is ballsy.

If I was running the Senators draft room, I'd love to move back a few spots to 7, and get something. I'd think the Sabres at 8 are enough of a threat to take Askarov.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like the Holloway pick for the Oilers. He has the size and skating to fit into that top 6, can play wing and perhaps center after he gains more experience. I think Holloway has been the forgotten man among the passel of forwards in that range of the first round. If the Oilers don't get him, I hope the Flames do.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I like the Holloway pick for the Oilers. He has the size and skating to fit into that top 6, can play wing and perhaps center after he gains more experience. I think Holloway has been the forgotten man among the passel of forwards in that range of the first round. If the Oilers don't get him, I hope the Flames do.
    Depending on how the draft goes, and if they keep their pick, that's who I truly see them drafting. Everything I've read has them quite high on him. I think they'd take Askarov too if he's still there too, but I dont see him lasting that long. I think they like the Guhle kid a lot too, and who I think they would target, if they trade down a bit. Time will tell. As I said in my writeup, I'll be surprised if the Oilers make their 14th overall pick. I like Holland to move back a "little" bit in the 1st round to recoup picks.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Holtz seems to be the favourite candidate to fall among that first group of prospects. Some team outside the top 10 is going to be very happy.

Dobber Sports Stud

This is where the entry draft gets interesting (or harder, if you prefer reality). I’m going to be very interested in what happens when teams actually draft.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Does anyone think that the Candiens take the Quebec kid if he is available at their pick? Sounds like he is quite skilled with the puck. And is drawing comparison to Brayden Point. With how great Point was in the playoffs, will recency bias play a part in this kid going earlier... or maybe where he should?

From what I read about him, I thought he would be a great compliment to Suzuki on a future #1 line.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think there’s a good possibility they take him, not because of where he’s from but because he’s good value at #16 and they need a center.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Does anyone think that the Candiens take the Quebec kid if he is available at their pick? Sounds like he is quite skilled with the puck. And is drawing comparison to Brayden Point. With how great Point was in the playoffs, will recency bias play a part in this kid going earlier... or maybe where he should?

From what I read about him, I thought he would be a great compliment to Suzuki on a future #1 line.
    If you are talking about Hendrix Lapierre, I think the Habs pass. The team is in no spot to take on an injury-risk player. Maybe if they had an extra pick in the first round, I could see it happening.

Dobber Sports Pro

I hope the Flames don't select Braden Schneider, but I fear that is what will play out. I'd love it if they snagged Connor Zary at this spot.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Does anyone think that the Candiens take the Quebec kid if he is available at their pick?
    There's Lapierre, but there's also Bourque (who some experts have ranked higher) and Perreault (who, though playing in the OHL, was born while his dad was with the Habs).

That said, I like Newfcollins' selection of Amirov.
    12-team Dynasty Salary
    G-A-H-B/W-SO
    Crosby, Giroux, Pavelski, Hagel, Tarasenko, Terry, Bjorkstrand, Joshua, Cotter, Drury, Holtz, Kasper, Dorofeyev, Rosén, Brindley
    Dunn, Sergachev, Nurse, Trouba, Girard, Harley, Korczak, Söderström, Luneau, Pickering, Behrens, Rinzel
    Bobrovsky, Woll, Patera, Garand

10-team Dynasty Roto
    G-A-FOW-STP-H-B/W-GAA-Sv%
    Matthews, Hyman, Bratt, Guentzel, Thompson, Horvat, Lindholm, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Konecny, Rust, Laine, Peterka, Neighbours, Kemell, Snuggerud, Bourque, Wood, Öhgren
    Makar, Josi, Dobson, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Faber, Spence, Edvinsson, Zellweger, Willander, Bonk, Casey
    Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, Georgiev,
    Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I hope the Flames don't select Braden Schneider, but I fear that is what will play out. I'd love it if they snagged Connor Zary at this spot.
    Zary was going to be my pick for Columbus at #21, but that would have been too sweet.
    12-team Dynasty Salary
    G-A-H-B/W-SO
    Crosby, Giroux, Pavelski, Hagel, Tarasenko, Terry, Bjorkstrand, Joshua, Cotter, Drury, Holtz, Kasper, Dorofeyev, Rosén, Brindley
    Dunn, Sergachev, Nurse, Trouba, Girard, Harley, Korczak, Söderström, Luneau, Pickering, Behrens, Rinzel
    Bobrovsky, Woll, Patera, Garand

10-team Dynasty Roto
    G-A-FOW-STP-H-B/W-GAA-Sv%
    Matthews, Hyman, Bratt, Guentzel, Thompson, Horvat, Lindholm, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Konecny, Rust, Laine, Peterka, Neighbours, Kemell, Snuggerud, Bourque, Wood, Öhgren
    Makar, Josi, Dobson, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Faber, Spence, Edvinsson, Zellweger, Willander, Bonk, Casey
    Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, Georgiev,
    Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Stud

Nice Brisson pick - I feel he’s underrated and teams will regret it if he lasts to 28-30 as it’s been projected.

Dobber Sports Deity

I know exactly who I am going to pick for the SJ pick coming up at the end of the first round. I fully expect my guy to still be there once it comes to that pick.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess I spoke too soon. I was banking on Barron slipping to me for the Sharks. Poop.