Thread: Waiver Claim/Trade Bait Thoughts

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Waiver Claim/Trade Bait Thoughts

So, my defending champs are off to a bad start, and it feels like it might be "one of those years." I'm potentially a few weeks from a sell off, where I'll look to sell talent for draft picks. With that in mind...(12 team deep PPR league)

Who is the waiver claim to make? Devonta Freeman is available, as is Mike Davis. I realize that Davis is more of a short term option, but I feel like his ceiling is higher than Freeman's during this potential sell window. I also still obviously have some time to turn things around.

Two parter, I guess - who is the better pick up to win more, and who is the better pick up for trade bait?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Waiver Claim/Trade Bait Thoughts

I prefer Freeman as he provides more long term value; even if he doesn't have the best week 3 or 4.

Depends on your roster construction if you need immediate help or not. It's only week 2 and unless you lost two critical pieces I always feel this is a little early to hit the panic button.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Waiver Claim/Trade Bait Thoughts

Davis is the better trade bait, specifically for the McCaffrey owner, or perhaps the Mostert owner. Because we know Davis turns into a pumpkin the second McCaffrey is ready, Freeman appears to have the higher ceiling for season-long contribution. But remember, Freeman is 28 and no one wanted him. Those guys usually don't turn into league winners.