Thread: Dynasty trade offers

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Dynasty trade offers

I’m in a 10 team standard scoring dynasty league. I received 2 offers for Tyreek Hill and can’t decide if either of them would be worth doing:
    1) Hill for Chubb
    2) Hill for Aaron Jones and 2021 3rd

Is either offer worth doing or even worth considering? I will reply when able to.
    This is my team:
    QB: Minshew, Darnold, Garoppolo
    RB: D. Cook, Singletary, C. Edmonds, R. Jones II, A. Mattison, Z. Moss, L. Murray
    WR: D. Adams, Thomas, Hill, Thielen, M. Williams, Shenault, Aiyuk, Boykin, Gandy-Golden, Renfrow, Shepard
    TE: Ertz, Herndon, Howard
    K: Tucker, Badgley
    DST: LAC, TEN

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Dynasty trade offers

I'd reject both deals. The conventional wisdom on both RBs going into this year looked at each poorly. Look at Kareem Hunt's production, he will siphon off some Chubb production. And GB wanted to even out Jones' workload so much, they drafted AJ Dillon in the 2nd. Also, in dynasty, with WRs usually lasting longer than RBs, I'd need the RB coming back to me to be better than the WR sending out. Hill is a top 5 WR. Neither Chubb nor Jones are top 5 RBs.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I'd reject both deals. The conventional wisdom on both RBs going into this year looked at each poorly. Look at Kareem Hunt's production, he will siphon off some Chubb production. And GB wanted to even out Jones' workload so much, they drafted AJ Dillon in the 2nd. Also, in dynasty, with WRs usually lasting longer than RBs, I'd need the RB coming back to me to be better than the WR sending out. Hill is a top 5 WR. Neither Chubb nor Jones are top 5 RBs.
    Well said! I agree.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

What's the weekly lineup? 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE? If you start 3WR then it's hard pass on both offers. Hill for A Jones and mid/high 2nd would be a starting point. But I'd be hard pressed to bust up that WR corps of yours.

If you're concerned about your RB depth, go grab Joshua Kelley of waivers. 10-team leagues there's usually decent waiver options to fill-in gaps or stream. But I would not make a panic-trade.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    What's the weekly lineup? 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE? If you start 3WR then it's hard pass on both offers. Hill for A Jones and mid/high 2nd would be a starting point. But I'd be hard pressed to bust up that WR corps of yours.

If you're concerned about your RB depth, go grab Joshua Kelley of waivers. 10-team leagues there's usually decent waiver options to fill-in gaps or stream. But I would not make a panic-trade.
    With 28 players on the roster, I would have to assume Kelley is long gone.

I agree with Bomm here. Trade decision is going to depend on the starting lineup. In addition to what he asked, FLEX positions are something to consider.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sorry forgot to add that. We start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1K 1DST. And ya there isn’t much option on waivers(none actually). Thanks for all the replies, I had already said no to the offers but just wasn’t sure that was the right thing to do. I’m glad to see from everyone’s response it was.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 21special View Post
    Sorry forgot to add that. We start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1K 1DST. And ya there isn’t much option on waivers(none actually). Thanks for all the replies, I had already said no to the offers but just wasn’t sure that was the right thing to do. I’m glad to see from everyone’s response it was.
    Yeah given the positional breakdown it would be an easy pass.