Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will not ask again... promise! Trade 1st OA for 2nd and 5th OA?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Will not ask again... promise! Trade 1st OA for 2nd and 5th OA?

Dudes,

Made a hypothetical inquiry to the GM that owns both the 2nd and 5th overall in our draft. 1st overall for those two. I've gotten mixed responses before, but will ask one last time. Does this help me or hurt me? Lafrenière SHOULD be as close to a sure thing as you can get, but both Stutzle or Byfield AND take your pick at 5 are considered extremely talented players as well. Thoughts? Just a reminder that I did not make an offer so don't get mad at me haha!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Will not ask again... promise! Trade 1st OA for 2nd and 5th OA?

I mean I'm probably in the minority but I was going to take Byfiled at 1oa before making deals to get the 2nd 4th and 5th as well (so now I get everything I want hah). So similarly, the guy in my league offered me 3 + 8 + 18 for 1oa and I wouldn't take it now owning all of those picks, but would have considered it for sure had I only owned #1.

So all things considered I'd take 2 and 5 (say Byfield and Raymond) over Lafreniere.
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports Pro

Now that I know Laf is going to be one of the many LW on the Rangers, I take this deal. Not in a very limited keeper like mine, but with lots of keepers and also some minors, I think two stars for one is a win for you.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'll also promise to not actively shop those two picks. For those that know me, you have my word haha! If the general consensus is to trade 1st overall that is.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Stud

I would take this. I think Byfield at a year younger will be just as good if not better than Laf is coming into this draft (Byfield is almost eligible for next draft). This is a real strong draft and you are getting one of Stutzle, Rossi or Perfetti (My personal next in line) as well, so I accept.

Dobber Sports Star

I like the idea of turning the 1 into the 2 and 5. Lafreniere or Byfield+ Rossi/Raymond/Perfetti is a nice way to spread the risk.

Dobber Sports Stud

Another vote to do this trade.

Reasons above. Remember when 1st overall was a guarantee? Oh, yeah - Dahlin (good, but pick 7 was Q. Hughes). Or Hischier, when 3-4-5 were Heiskanen, Makar, Pettersson. I’d take the two shots at superstardom, over just one.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree with what the others have said, as long as you draft only forwards with the picks.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Make the deal if you can.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Another vote to do this trade.

Reasons above. Remember when 1st overall was a guarantee? Oh, yeah - Dahlin (good, but pick 7 was Q. Hughes). Or Hischier, when 3-4-5 were Heiskanen, Makar, Pettersson. I’d take the two shots at superstardom, over just one.
    While I agree with the advice, I'm not sure I buy the reasoning. Hischier was an iffy pick at 1st overall, and in this pool, Svech would have been taken MILES before Dahlin at 1st overall.

But given the lack of talent on this team, I see this trade as close to giving Matthews (1st), and getting Laine (2nd) and someone like Tkachuk or Keller at 5th.

This trade only makes sense to me, however, if the 2nd and 5th picks are used to draft forwards, and then these two forwards go on the "NO TRADE UNLESS STUPID OVERPAY" list.

Dobber Sports Star

For me the question comes to whether or not you distinguish between forward positions, and how you score. If it's the league in the OP's sig (just points and F rather than C/LW/RW) then I take this deal every day of the week.

Byfield is young for his draft year... he's potentially equal or better than Laf in terms of long-term upside. I don't know who I'd take at 5, but that's a damn nice pot sweetener. In leagues that have multicat scoring and wing positions, Laf is really tough to part with... but in this case I think it's an easy deal to make.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I agree with what the others have said, as long as you draft only forwards with the picks.
    Exactly. Don't fall for any hype you may hear on Drysdale. He may be good, but everything I hear is that he will still be a step below some of the young blueliners like Hughes, Makar and Dahlin making an impact in the NHL right now.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would do that too...Draft Sutzle or Byfield and one of Rymond or Rossi.

first year or 2 you maybe disappointed as only one that will produce at high level will be Laffy...3 years from now i suspect you win this trade.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Exactly. Don't fall for any hype you may hear on Drysdale. He may be good, but everything I hear is that he will still be a step below some of the young blueliners like Hughes, Makar and Dahlin making an impact in the NHL right now.
    Drysdale is irrelevant in this pool; it's just straight points for skaters (no F/D distinction).

Dobber Sports Padawan

I will not be drafting any D men now or in the foreseeable future haha! Same with goalies as we usually find a few gems on the waiver. Shesterkin, Sorokin and Merzilikins are good examples.

I've made the offer and will report back once I get an answer. Not sure if he will say yes, but the offer is out. Thanks all!