Thread: Laine/Aho

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Laine/Aho

I have a chance to move up in a draft for a dissolving team to prob get Aho/Laine not sure if id be giving up too much. Details below of assets for draft

i give up
    Sorokin
    Newhook
    7th and 10th pick in dissolving draft

get

3rd ovr(prob laine/aho) and get 15th ovr in same draft

we have an upcoming draft for a team that dissolved, help me rank these assets which are the bests from the dissolving team.

Kucherov
    Laine
    Aho
    Makar
    Meier
    Teravainen
    Fiala
    Suzuki
    Price
    4th ovr rookie in this years entry draft
    6th ovr rookie in this years entry draft
    7th ovr rookie in this years entry draft
    13th ovr rookie in this year entry draft

if it helps i’ll be picking 7th or 8th(out of 8-snake draft) and I’m competing(out roster sizes will be increase by 4 additional keepers as well)
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Laine/Aho

I'd pass. You'd be selling early by moving Sorokin now, I think that he becomes the starter (or at least 1B) by the end of next season dramatically increasing his value.

Also, I think I flat out like having 7 & 10 better than 3 & 15 here anyways. 7 and 10 gets you two of Fiala/Teravainen/Price/Suzuki/4th Overall. I'm assuming that there is a significant dropoff after the listed assets, and if so I prefer two of those to Aho + 13th overall.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    I'd pass. You'd be selling early by moving Sorokin now, I think that he becomes the starter (or at least 1B) by the end of next season dramatically increasing his value.

Also, I think I flat out like having 7 & 10 better than 3 & 15 here anyways. 7 and 10 gets you two of Fiala/Teravainen/Price/Suzuki/4th Overall. I'm assuming that there is a significant dropoff after the listed assets, and if so I prefer two of those to Aho + 13th overall.
    This looks like it is for a 9 (now 8) team league with each squad holding 3x goalies. I don’t see Sorokin holding that much value. You are giving up quantity for quality. Sorokin, Newhook and two lesser players in the draft for Sebastian Aho (or Makar). Yes please! In an 8 team league you want to do this every time.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This looks like it is for a 9 (now 8) team league with each squad holding 3x goalies. I don’t see Sorokin holding that much value. You are giving up quantity for quality. Sorokin, Newhook and two lesser players in the draft for Sebastian Aho (or Makar). Yes please! In an 8 team league you want to do this every time.
    Projecting who goes where in the draft, I'd see it as

Aho + 13th overall prospect for Teravainen + 4th overall (or Suzuki) + Sorokin + Newhook

To me thats too much quantity for too little increase in quality. With goals and assists worth the same, I think Aho is only good for 5-10 points more than Teravainen at most.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Deity

I think that's too much to pay, so I wouldn't do it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep what you have.

It's really almost a 2 for 1, as you didn't list 15 assets, so the 15th best asset is likely either a rookie pick in the 20's somewhere, or a non-impact player. I view those as having relatively little value - likely less than Sorokin.

How does this sound:

One of Aho/Laine for

Newhook plus two of:
    Meier
    Teravainen
    Fiala
    Suzuki
    Price
    4th overall rookie in this years entry draft

That sounds pretty bad to me.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

I ended up making the trade as I really wanted Aho but Meier fell to me at 15th so I’m pretty happy about that. It does seem like a bit of an overpay though, however goalies aren’t valued very high in our league. In the end it ended up being something like

newhook
    sorokin
    7th and 10th(Fiala was available at 7th, Teravainen available at 10th)

For Aho and Meier

I do like Newhook and Sorokin alot but they won’t really help me for maybe another 2-3 years before they start producing like I would need them to since I finished 2nd last year and trying to push for 1st this year and my depth is pretty strong that I felt like I needed another elite player instead :s

In the past also I’ve had prospect value be sky high after having a good draft+1 year but if they slightly produce less after or if they get in the NHL and don’t produce big right away they might not hold as much value.

These are the players I ended up drafting for this

Aho
    Meier
    Thomas Harley(helps getting a good prospect to mitigate losing Newhook)
    Buchnevich
    Klefbom

I’ve updated my signature to reflect the changes.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

For perspective, there are quite a bit of teams in rebuilding mode so draft picks were quite valuable in this draft.

Imagine this lol the 4th ovr rookie pick went off the board(right after my aho pick so 4th) before Laine went(He went 5th), the 6th ovr pick went 6th then it was Suzuki 7th, Fiala 8th, 7ovr pick 9th, Teravainen 10th and so on.. lol
    8 Team Keeper League

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

If I knew Fiala would have fallen to 7th(which I thought he might be wasn’t sure) I may have not pulled the trade but I wanted to pair up Aho with my Svech..although I tried really hard to get that 2nd ovr(Kucherov)
    8 Team Keeper League

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

Dobber Sports Genius

Slow clap! I love it. I think Aho has 90 point (+?) potential. These are the guys you need to win a points only league.

I know that I was the contrarian in this thread but I have always been a believer of getting elite(!) players even if these cost seems high.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Avs31 View Post
    For perspective, there are quite a bit of teams in rebuilding mode so draft picks were quite valuable in this draft.

Imagine this lol the 4th ovr rookie pick went off the board(right after my aho pick so 4th) before Laine went(He went 5th), the 6th ovr pick went 6th then it was Suzuki 7th, Fiala 8th, 7ovr pick 9th, Teravainen 10th and so on.. lol
    Considering how that draft went you did very well.

Some of those teams aren't rebuilding they are just perpetually losing - if Suzuki & Laine are too old for your "rebuilding" team, you have a problem.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.