Thread: Rank him

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Rank him

Hi guys,

I was offered Evan Bouchard for my #14 draft pick 2020. The draft include all the 2020 eligible and Kubalik, Marino, Gusev, Mikheyev & Gavrikov.

So basically, the question is: Do you think that Bouchard will be a good defenseman in the NHL (my league is as realistic as possible) or you would go for the draft option?

*I can wait after the real life draft for this trade as our draft is 2 weeks after
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Rank him

Bouchard has a shot at playing with McDavid as early as this year. I think he's around 10th/11th in this years draft personally. So if there are players like Marino/Gusev who you expect to go in the top 14 (unlikely) then I'd say it's possible worth it as it'll bump the new players down to you but I doubt that'll happen so I'd stick with what you have.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Stud

If it was ONLY the entry class, I might do this, but with others available- probably not. Certainly not over Gusev or Kubalik, “and other attractive names??” Nah, I’d pass.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Kubalik, Marino, Gusev, Mikheyev, Primeau & Gavrikov

Thats all of them

Dobber Sports Stud

For sure, I’d hold til after the entry draft if you can. We all THINK we know the approximate order of picks, but there’s always surprises and someone you thought would go later, could suddenly be pick #8 (just an example), bumping down someone else. Funny how the real NHL draft picks then can affect your fantasy league.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i want pick here...no way he falls to you but if Kubalik is there he is my pick
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Can you do this at the draft, if it looks like your targets aren't going to be there by the time pick 9 or 10 rolls around? I'd prefer to wait a bit to see how the NHL draft shakes out, at least.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    Hi guys,

I was offered Evan Bouchard for my #14 draft pick 2020. The draft include all the 2020 eligible and Kubalik, Marino, Gusev, Mikheyev & Gavrikov.

So basically, the question is: Do you think that Bouchard will be a good defenseman in the NHL (my league is as realistic as possible) or you would go for the draft option?

*I can wait after the real life draft for this trade as our draft is 2 weeks after
    I do think Bouchard will be a good Dman in the NHL eventually. He'd be right in that area of the 14th overall for me based on his development curve to this point when compared to this years draft and some of the names you've listed. I'd want him before Mikheyev or Gavirkov if I am being completely honest but I'd draft Kubalik, Marino and Gusev before him. I guess it depends if you think one of those three would drop to you.

As far as comparing him to this years current draft picks, I'd have him right there with Drysdale for offensive Dmen simply because of the team Bouchard plays with. I'd draft Bouchard in the later part of the top 10 compared to this years guys. I do believe he's the future top PP point man for Edmonton. As I mentioned in other threads, my top seven from this years draft are (in no particular order): Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi, Perfetti and Holtz. My next grouping would include Drysdale and thats the grouping I'd put Bouchard in.

Basically, if he's still there are 14, I'd draft him, so ya, I'd do this trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I do think Bouchard will be a good Dman in the NHL eventually. He'd be right in that area of the 14th overall for me based on his development curve to this point when compared to this years draft and some of the names you've listed. I'd want him before Mikheyev or Gavirkov if I am being completely honest but I'd draft Kubalik, Marino and Gusev before him. I guess it depends if you think one of those three would drop to you.

As far as comparing him to this years current draft picks, I'd have him right there with Drysdale for offensive Dmen simply because of the team Bouchard plays with. I'd draft Bouchard in the later part of the top 10 compared to this years guys. I do believe he's the future top PP point man for Edmonton. As I mentioned in other threads, my top seven from this years draft are (in no particular order): Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi, Perfetti and Holtz. My next grouping would include Drysdale and thats the grouping I'd put Bouchard in.

Basically, if he's still there are 14, I'd draft him, so ya, I'd do this trade.
    i wonder if anybody's top 7 is any different lol...other than order

as for me, my order is almost identical but i like Suttzle in front of Byfield.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i wonder if anybody's top 7 is any different lol...other than order

as for me, my order is almost identical but i like Suttzle in front of Byfield.
    Some might have Askarov or even Drysdale in there. Who knows. Depends on league setup I guess.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I offered my 16th ov. I feel like I win 2 years of developpement. The only thing about Bouchard that Im worried is 2way capacibility...

Dobber Sports Initiate

He said yes for the 16th vs Bouchard and I think I will do it

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    He said yes for the 16th vs Bouchard and I think I will do it
    Sweet! I would have done it for the 14th overall but the 16th is a bigger win for you!

Dobber Sports Stud

I love that deal - and NOW you can still see what falls to #14 !