View Poll Results: Who will reach the given stat in 2020-21?

Voters
65. This poll is closed
  • Sebastian Aho (95 points)

17 26.15%
  • Sam Bennett (55 points)

7 10.77%
  • Andre Burakovsky (75 points)

3 4.62%
  • Thatcher Demko (0.920 SV%)

18 27.69%
  • Pierre-Luc Dubois (75 points)

24 36.92%
  • Samuel Girard (50 points)

6 9.23%
  • Denis Gurianov (55 points)

31 47.69%
  • Carter Hart (.920 SV%)

31 47.69%
  • Miro Heiskanen (70 points)

12 18.46%
  • Quinn Hughes (75 points)

16 24.62%
  • Mike Hoffman (80 points)

3 4.62%
  • Nazem Kadri (75 points)

5 7.69%
  • Joonas Korpisalo (2.40 GAA)

16 24.62%
  • Dominik Kubalik (70 points)

6 9.23%
  • Nathan MacKinnon (120 points)

18 27.69%
  • Brayden Point (105 points)

15 23.08%
  • Mikko Rantanen (105 points)

14 21.54%
  • Andrei Svechnikov (85 points)

31 47.69%
  • Nick Suzuki (55 points)

35 53.85%
  • Shea Theodore (65 points)

21 32.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Playoff Spingboards

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Playoff Spingboards

We know there is a special class of player who saves his best for the playoffs. Look no further than Justin Williams, Daniel Briere and Derik Brassard to name just a few. But in other instances the playoffs can act as a springboard for a player to ascend to new heights.

With that in mind, today's poll examines players who performed (or, in the case of Dallas and Tampa players, are still performing) above their career best in - for skaters - points and - for goaltenders - Sv% or GAA to ask you to decide if they'll be able to bring this success into the 2020-21 regular season. Next to each player is a parenthetical with a stat that is better than his previous career best but below what he showed (or is showing) in the playoffs. You job is to vote for whichever players (yes, it can be more than one) you believe will reach or exceed (except for GAA, in which case fall below) that stat for 2020-21. Note that I assumed 2020-21 will be 82 games, so you should as well for voting purposes.

As usual, please post who you voted for and why, so your fellow Dobberites can gain added insight.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Magnificent One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Playoff Spingboards

I voted for the following guys:

Bennett - Calgary is going to look to shake things up, and Bennett is only 24, which is still young enough to pan out
    Gurianov - With the rest of the Dallas wingers on the wrong side of 30 and Gurianov playing better with each passing game, he should get the chance to shine next season
    Hart - Philly knows it will need to focus more on defense to win, and Hart will be a big part of that
    MacKinnon - I've run out of superlatives to describe him, and with all the talent around him this point total, though indeed high, should be reachable
    Rantanen - Being MacKinnon's top winger gets him to 85 points, and Rantanen's talent in his own right tacks on the other 20
    Svechnikov - After what we saw from him at only age 19, the sky will be the limit for his career, and 85 in 2020-21 seems very reachable
    Theodore - Vegas now really knows what it has in Theodore and will do everything it can to ensure he thrives
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Magnificent One

Oh, and oops for spelling springboaards wrong in the title.....

Dobber Sports Titan

Voted for Demko and Hart as goalies, plus Gurianov, Svechnikov and Suzuki as skaters.
    The skaters I'm are assuming are healthy in a full 82 game season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Apparently I’m a pessimist. Who knew? I voted for Gurianov and Nick Suzuki. I saw too much optimism in basically everyone else’s projections.

wow - THEN I found I wasn’t alone. LOL

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I voted for the 55 point forward trio of Bennett, Gurianov, and Suzuki. Then Svechnikov, becuase he's awesome, and 85 isn't crazy.

Went with Hart & Korpisalo of the goalies. A bit unsure of Hart, due to the Flyers' D issues, but I'm a Flyers fan, so he gets the bump.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I only went with Suzuki on this one as being realistic.

I can see arguments for Bennet (almost selected him as well) and Svechnikov hitting their numbers.

All the rest are possible, but seem like everything would have to go right and therefore aren't all that realistic.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm with the masses (by post-vote check)

Suzuki was my first pick, he'll do 60+pts if he plays 80gp+.
    Hart was my second pick. He's the real deal, .920sv% totally doable.

I haven't seen enough of Gurianov's NHL-pace playmaking.
    His shot is NHL caliber.
    Also - Dallas is really seeming to run 4 lines whenever they can... so the TOI in Dallas isn't high enough for this "second liner".

Demko, IDK... he's my 4th. If he plays 30-45gp, I think he can do .920sv%.
    But if he's the 1a... most goalies get eaten up in their first year as the annointed #1.

Great list though.
    Quinn Hughes was the most interesting... if you just hedge him down to 65pts... I think he'd get a lot of picks.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm with the masses (by post-vote check)

Suzuki was my first pick, he'll do 60+pts if he plays 80gp+.
    Hart was my second pick. He's the real deal, .920sv% totally doable.

I haven't seen enough of Gurianov's NHL-pace playmaking.
    His shot is NHL caliber.
    Also - Dallas is really seeming to run 4 lines whenever they can... so the TOI in Dallas isn't high enough for this "second liner".

Demko, IDK... he's my 4th. If he plays 30-45gp, I think he can do .920sv%.
    But if he's the 1a... most goalies get eaten up in their first year as the annointed #1.

Great list though.
    Quinn Hughes was the most interesting... if you just hedge him down to 65pts... I think he'd get a lot of picks.
    Thanks for the vote and the accompanying explanation. In hindsight I probably should have landed on 65 or even 70 for Hughes, as 75 is likely overambitious. To be honest I spaced on him not reaching a 65 point pace as a rookie.

Dobber Sports Expert

55-points seems like low hanging fruit for Suzuki based on his 41-point rookie campaign and, moreso, his playoff performance.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

55 Points for Suzuki and Gurianov I think are great options.

I also voted for Hart because I think the Flyers are turning into the Nashville Predators of the last handful of years... great Defense and Hart will benefit greatly from it. And he is a great goalie as is.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​