Thread: Imagined Dumba to Leafs, Nylander to Wild

The Great One

Default Imagined Dumba to Leafs, Nylander to Wild

This one is gonna break any day NIW I just feel it in my bones especially after the staal trade!!!

Nylander gest the line mates, deployment, and minutes of a true 1a superstar center.

Duba's finally mmakes the scoring depth for dman swap everyone's been screaming for. Ftr i think dumb a thrives in TO.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Imagined Dumba to Leafs, Nylander to Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    This one is gonna break any day NIW I just feel it in my bones especially after the staal trade!!!

Nylander gest the line mates, deployment, and minutes of a true 1a superstar center.

Duba's finally mmakes the scoring depth for dman swap everyone's been screaming for. Ftr i think dumb a thrives in TO.
    Nylander isn’t the C the Wild need though....

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Nylander isn’t the C the Wild need though....
    But much like Batman and Gotham he's the one they deserve... Or something like that...

The Great One

So I just cannot shake this gut feeling!! It just seems to me like the Wild are waaaay too comfortable about their C situation with the Staal move- and the leafs arent coming up in these dman rumors to the extent youd expect. I think this is a done deal- lol!!

So Hypodermically speaking...

If he got C1 center time and was a key cog in pp1 what would we expect between Kaprizov and Fiala. Fiala got hhis sweet production lined up mostly with a finely aged Mikko Koivu. I believe the help will go both ways- Willy will help Fiala to a new career high and vica versa. I honestly believe Nylander is Backstrom who defers to his linemates just a little less. A half million armchair GMs criticize his percieved "lack of hustle" but I think his hockey IQ just gets him to the right spot a step or two before you need to get frantic to get there. My safe projection is 70ish but I really think we might have a new wunderkind line and he could get a ppg in Minny (which is like a 90 point pace anywhere else- lol)

Is this crazy?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So I just cannot shake this gut feeling!! It just seems to me like the Wild are waaaay too comfortable about their C situation with the Staal move- and the leafs arent coming up in these dman rumors to the extent youd expect. I think this is a done deal- lol!!

If he got C1 center time and was a key cog in pp1 what would we expect between Kaprizov and Fiala. Fiala got hhis sweet production lined up mostly with a finely aged Mikko Koivu. I believe the help will go both ways- Willy will help Fiala to a new career high and vica versa. I honestly believe Nylander is Backstrom who defers to his linemates just a little less. A half million armchair GMs criticize his percieved "lack of hustle" but I think his hockey IQ just gets him to the right spot a step or two before you need to get frantic to get there. My safe projection is 70ish but I really think we might have a new wunderkind line and he could get a ppg in Minny (which is like a 90 point pace anywhere else- lol)

Is this crazy?
    Yes. That is all.

Dobber Sports Titan

Honestly hearing a rumour about a "random" wild D-man the other day in Carson Soucy is odd to me. I know he's a UFA, but it's kinda odd to me that is more recent than the Dumba rumours.

My guess is they've priced themselves out of a Dumba trade, now they're trying to move Soucy pre-draft for a pick they can use, then they'll go back and start dealing with the Dumba situation again.

However, I don't think Dumba is that amazing defensively and the price for he isn't what a team needs (for the price).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

I just don't think the fit is quite there for either team.

Nylander isn't a true C that the wild need.

Dumba is similar to Barrie and isn't the type of RHD the Leafs need.

Both teams kind of need to make sure they get this trade right. If the Leafs are moving Nylander, they need to make darn sure they get the right Dman back. Similarly, the Wild need to make darn sure they get a reliable, proven C back. It just doesn't quite fit either way.

The Great One

This trade is not happening.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Expert

Is this crazy?
    The guy has never hit 70 points in Toronto despite playing playing with superstars and get PP1 minutes. Why is he going to all of a sudden hit that in a less offensive system with poorer linemates?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    The guy has never hit 70 points in Toronto despite playing playing with superstars and get PP1 minutes. Why is he going to all of a sudden hit that in a less offensive system with poorer linemates?
    Because he never played more than 16 minutes a game and was in fact substantially lower than that at 15:30- few players score 70 with that kind of usage. Hes also never managed more than 3 minute of pp time- in Minny hed ikely have 4-5 minutes. Thie year he did average a 70 point pace with over 30 goals no less when he got 18 + minutes- so saying hes "never got 70" is a little bit disengenuos Id say.

My supposition is sound imho because all he actually has to do is maintain hid current pace to get 70 and I do believe there is upside if he can add a minute or two of pp1 time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Because he never played more than 16 minutes a game and was in fact substantially lower than that at 15:30- few players score 70 with that kind of usage. Hes also never managed more than 3 minute of pp time- in Minny hed ikely have 4-5 minutes. Thie year he did average a 70 point pace with over 30 goals no less when he got 18 + minutes- so saying hes "never got 70" is a little bit disengenuos Id say.

My supposition is sound imho because all he actually has to do is maintain hid current pace to get 70 and I do believe there is upside if he can add a minute or two of pp1 time.
    Isn't the train of though "ice time is earned" valid here, as it is with every NHL player? Maybe there's a reason he only gets that much ice time in the games. He MIGHT get more on other teams but enough to make his offense jump that much? Hard to say until he gets that opportunity.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Isn't the train of though "ice time is earned" valid here, as it is with every NHL player? Maybe there's a reason he only gets that much ice time in the games. He MIGHT get more on other teams but enough to make his offense jump that much? Hard to say until he gets that opportunity.

True- but hes earning it in TO right now and thats a hard team to find icetime on- lol! The fact that he earned it this year is verily encourashing. I believe i this deal happens I cant shake it. That and Raanta to Chicago- both those deals make waaaay too much sense to me...

The Great One

This trade is not happening.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Is this crazy?
    I think the bolded speaks for itself.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.