View Poll Results: Florida Lowdown on...?

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • Frank Vatrano

16 33.33%
  • Mike Matheson

23 47.92%
  • Lucas Wallmark

9 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vote on the 2020 Fantasy Guide "Lowdown" - Florida

I...am your father.

Default Vote on the 2020 Fantasy Guide "Lowdown" - Florida

I go in depth with my thoughts on a player for each team of the Fantasy Guide (pre-order here: https://dobbersports.com/product/dob...-hockey-guide/ - it's $1 off before September 30)

Please choose which of these players you would like some deeper opinions on for this year's Fantasy Guide...

Only a few for this one. The Panthers either have obvious players in obvious roles, or non-fantasy factors. But I managed to scrounge three here
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Vote on the 2020 Fantasy Guide "Lowdown" - Florida

Is this the year for Matheson to move from being a Dobber darling to the mainstream radar?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow... boring options in Florida. I will go with the D-man here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, not great options LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

There are so many teams that deserve a 2nd player getting a write up (e.g. Carolina, for instance). I wish this was a vote to just skip an extra write up for Florida...

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Is this the year for Matheson to move from being a Dobber darling to the mainstream radar?
    Been waiting too long. The write-up better be convincing, or he's on the chopping block from my squads.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    There are so many teams that deserve a 2nd player getting a write up (e.g. Carolina, for instance). I wish this was a vote to just skip an extra write up for Florida...
    Haha - hey, you never know. Maybe one of these no-names turns into a gem after we go deep

But any good second place guys such as Carolina, get extra focus in the notes FOR SURE! Don't worry about that, you won't lack for the info you need

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Matheson for me!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

Matheson for me
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm shopping at Wallmark here.
    (Matheson... c'mon, No. Hard No. His role hasn't/won't change with Ekblad & Yandle roadblocking him. Nothing to see here folks, move along.)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    (Matheson... c'mon, No. Hard No. His role hasn't/won't change with Ekblad & Yandle roadblocking him. Nothing to see here folks, move along.)
    But the coach doesn't like him, he was misused, and on a new team he......

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    But the coach doesn't like him, he was misused, and on a new team he......
    Ha - can't tell if you are jesting or not! (I hope you kid)

But...
    By all means, speculate on how the new coach will use him or allow him to play differently.

Gotta be a different coach than Q.
    Q is a "Windsor-guy" and former D-man... and Ekblad (Belle River) pretty much qualifies.
    I grew up in both those areas. My turf. It comes with a style.
    Boughner was a "Windsor-guy" as well.

Matheson is too soft for either of those guys.
    They'll doghouse his minutes & opportunities, for sure.
    We don't do "soft" in Windsor/Belle River/Tecumseh.
    You're just up the 401 from that area... you know us.
    All of Ontario knows us. We are abrasive gritty hacks that will punch you in the mouth if you rub us wrong.

Dobber Sports Wizard

if everybody was choosing same player whats the point of having a poll?

you got your opinion i got mine....im intrigued in players that have upside...either blocked or not but have more to give....Matheson is that guy from this list imo...you dont need to agree but you could respect that others have different views.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    you dont need to agree but you could respect that others have different views.

1. If we are going to talk about "opinion"... my "opinion" is that we've seen enough of Matheson, that his role shows no sign of changing. So it's a wasted opportunity here for Dobber when a player traded-in midseason (Wallmark) is more subjective. The whole point of "Lowdown" is to explore some subjectivity to a player. [That said - Dobber knows that the customer is right, so if the vote is high enough... it'll be Matheson. I'm cool with that system.)

2. NOWHERE in my post am I disrespecting other peoples views. Disagreeing, yes. Disrespecting, no. You simply don't like the fact that I said "Hard No". Which isn't disrespect, it's Letterkenny-style humor for a player that (most of us know) is road-blocked and (barring coach change or role use) isn't going to see more opportunity. His TOI actually decreased under Q, from 21/22min/gp to 18min/gp.

3. I do think a lot of dynasty GMs are holding Matheson... simply hoping that our deity (Dobber) is going to tell us something different this year. There's no new info on Matheson. Q played him less. He's still good for 20-25esp if he were given 20min/gp and plays 82gp. He could do 15ppp if on PP1 (but Yandle is there). He could do 5-10ppp on PP2. That's it. There's no magical *pop* left. Smooth skaters (like Quinn Hughes) bring the game they have early in their careers.

Again, disagreeing - not disrespecting.

Here's your image. Watch some Letterkenny and take about 5 to 10% off there bud.

Dobber Sports Wizard

1. If we are going to talk about "opinion"... my "opinion" is that we've seen enough of Matheson, that his role shows no sign of changing. So it's a wasted opportunity here for Dobber when a player traded-in midseason (Wallmark) is more subjective. The whole point of "Lowdown" is to explore some subjectivity to a player. [That said - Dobber knows that the customer is right, so if the vote is high enough... it'll be Matheson. I'm cool with that system.)

2. NOWHERE in my post am I disrespecting other peoples views. Disagreeing, yes. Disrespecting, no. You simply don't like the fact that I said "Hard No". Which isn't disrespect, it's Letterkenny-style humor for a player that (most of us know) is road-blocked and (barring coach change or role use) isn't going to see more opportunity. His TOI actually decreased under Q, from 21/22min/gp to 18min/gp.

3. I do think a lot of dynasty GMs are holding Matheson... simply hoping that our deity (Dobber) is going to tell us something different this year. There's no new info on Matheson. Q played him less. He's still good for 20-25esp if he were given 20min/gp and plays 82gp. He could do 15ppp if on PP1 (but Yandle is there). He could do 5-10ppp on PP2. That's it. There's no magical *pop* left. Smooth skaters (like Quinn Hughes) bring the game they have early in their careers.

Again, disagreeing - not disrespecting.

Here's your image. Watch some Letterkenny and take about 5 to 10% off there bud.

as i said..u are disrespectful...