Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fleury, what about Colorado?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Fleury, what about Colorado?

Like many others, I don't see Fleury as a fit in Colorado.

They had problems with goalie health - Fleury is on the short list of goalies most likely to get injured.
    He's expensive.
    His reputation exceeds his play, and has for much of his career. He improved in Vegas' system, but was surpassed by a better goalie.
    His agent is a locker room carcinogen.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Interesting thread, and nice with some heated replies
    The follow-up question then: if Avs trade for a goalie, who is the odd man out? Grubauer or Francouz? I don’t think we can rely too much on Francouz playoff-performance since he seemed to play through an injury. He also has the lower cap space of the two. Grubauer on the other hand, seemed to be the official 1A last season.

*edited some spellings
    16 team h2h keeper league. G, A, Pim, PPP, Shp, Sog, FW, Hit, Blk, Win, GAA, SV, SV%, Sho.
    Keep up to 8 players, 2 of them must be dropped after the following season. In bold keeper eligible to next season.
    J Robertson, M Necas, N Suzuki, J Bratt, A Kempe, L Kunin, N Kucherov, M Rasmussen, J Farabee, M Bunting, M Marchment, P Suter, S Pinto (ir), N MacKinnon, J Eriksson Ek, T Wilson, A Killorn
    J Chychrun, K A Miller, E Johnson, J Hakanpaa, A Larsson, C Soucy, D Hamilton
    A Forsberg, F Gustavsson, J Markström

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Seyfert View Post
    Interesting thread, and nice with some heated replies
    The follow-up question then: if Avs trade for a goalie, who is the odd man out? Grubauer or Francouz? I don’t think we can rely too much on Francouz playoff-performance since he seemed to play through an injury. He also has the lower cap space of the two. Grubauer on the other hand, seemed to be the official 1A last season.

*edited some spellings
    I think they see a future with Francouz and Grubauer is the holder of key until then. If anyones out, I'd say it's Grubs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Colorado should upgrade their goaler but MAF is not the guy. Kuemper should be their target. They could always go into the season with Grubs/Francour and get someone at the deadline if needed. Goalies are usually cheap at the deadline.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Francouz finished the season in the top 10 for both GAA & S%, not sure what the infatuation with replacing him is.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Francouz finished the season in the top 10 for both GAA & S%, not sure what the infatuation with replacing him is.
    Because he looked awful in the playoffs. If Colorado is going "all-in" next season, the goaler position is an obvious place for an upgrade. Grubauer is injury-prone and the first time Francouz was given a shot in the playoff he struggled.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Because he looked awful in the playoffs. If Colorado is going "all-in" next season, the goaler position is an obvious place for an upgrade. Grubauer is injury-prone and the first time Francouz was given a shot in the playoff he struggled.
    Francouz was playing through injury in the playoffs.

He played well enough in the regular season to earn a 2-year extension, and I suspect Colorado will stay-the-course with their goalies for now.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Again, Francouz was playing hurt in the playoffs. Usually when a player plays hurt, their production isn't the same.

Kuemper is just as injury prone as Grubauer, and allowed 3 or more goals in all 5 of his playoff loses - two of which he got pulled. Not sure he's an upgrade.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Again, Francouz was playing hurt in the playoffs. Usually when a player plays hurt, their production isn't the same.

Kuemper is just as injury prone as Grubauer, and allowed 3 or more goals in all 5 of his playoff loses - two of which he got pulled. Not sure he's an upgrade.
    Good point...Kuemper is a goalie on the market right now that many are high on (including me), but there are plenty of reasons to be doubtful about how he'd perform on another team.

Just goes to show that there are very few "sure things" when it comes to goal-tending.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Francouz was playing through injury in the playoffs.

He played well enough in the regular season to earn a 2-year extension, and I suspect Colorado will stay-the-course with their goalies for now.
    I didn't know he was playing hurt from the start. I thought he was playing poorly then got hurt. That would change my opinion.

The Great One

I didn't know he was playing hurt from the start. I thought he was playing poorly then got hurt. That would change my opinion.
    I can't rightly say when he was hurt and when he started playing through the injury. All I know is that Sakic has stated that Francouz played through injury in the playoffs. That may simply explain his poor performance, and also why Sakic has also said he plans to go with Grubauer and Francouz for next season.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

I remember when Lehner got dealt to Vegas, there was a lot of head scratching because they already had a proven, good goalie. Well what do you know, they had other plans.

I'm not saying Fleury is coming to Colorado, but just because Colorado has two goalies right now, doesn't mean they are satisfied with them and won't make moves to better their chances at winning the Cup.

If the status quo isn't good enough for Sakic, he'll make changes and safe to say none of us truly know if Sakic is satisfied with the status quo in nets.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

People seem to keep thinking Fleury was good this year.

Vegas went and got Lehner because of Fluery’s play, not because of their backup’s play. There’s a reason Lehner started all playoffs.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Vegas went and got Lehner because of Fluery’s play, not because of their backup’s play. There’s a reason Lehner started all playoffs.
    New GM, new coach, different philosophy. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

I'd argue that it was the play of both of them, combined with Fleury's health. Why they wanted Subban as the primary backup goalie speaks to needing better goalie evaluation than they had.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.