Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fleury, what about Colorado?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Fleury, what about Colorado?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Grubauer was injured, and I could be wrong but I also thought Francouz was injured at one point. He may have been on the bench towards the end, and perhaps was playing like crap, but I wonder if he was still dealing with some sort of injury? I can't rightly say. I just know that throughout the regular season Grubauer and Francouz provided reliable goal-tending, and although I admit to not watching much of Colorado in the playoffs, when your starter isn't in net due to injury, it is hard to blame losing on poor goal-tending.
    Yes, Grubauer got injured, then Francouz came in and was a mess. Thats why they went to Hutch, who surprisingly played pretty well. That being said, it's still Michael Hutchinson you're relying on to save your season. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Francouz was injured early and was playing through it with Grubauer already out before being declared unfit to play himself. Hunter Miska was Hutchinson's backup.

Joe Sakic says Avalanche will stick with Philipp Grubauer, Pavel Francouz in goal, reveals latter was injured vs. Stars

“He was battling through his issues once he came in,” Sakic said of Francouz, who began the playoffs with a 27-save shutout against Dallas in round-robin play Aug. 5. “He’s an athletic goalie and he wasn’t able to push. I give him credit. He tried. He battled. He just couldn’t do it anymore.”

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Francouz was injured early and was playing through it with Grubauer already out before being declared unfit to play himself. Hunter Miska was Hutchinson's backup.

Joe Sakic says Avalanche will stick with Philipp Grubauer, Pavel Francouz in goal, reveals latter was injured vs. Stars
    Yup, posted about this above. We're not supposed to let facts get in the way of a good story though...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Nothing wrong with a good story. And say what you want, but the fact remains that Francouz was terrible in the games he played.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I love that Sakic is sticking with Grubauer and Francouz. For both a selfish reason (I own Grubauer) and because, as I mentioned above, I don't necessarily feel that goal-tending was the reason the team got eliminated. I also don't think that adding someone like Fleury or Holtby makes them all that much better (if at all). Keumper and Markstrom would be an upgrade, but the cost would be quite high.

If I were running the Avs and looking to solidify the team for a Stanley Cup run next year, the only thing I'd be looking for is a veteran presence on the blueline to help out Makar and Girard.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Injuries are why they ended up losing, and both the starter and backup are included in that. Calvert, Johnson, Donskoi, Landy in game 7, as well as a couple other depth guys who were in/out due to injury the entire series.

Sakic said he's fine rolling with Grubauer & Franky next year (and he should be) so I doubt they make a move for anyone in the off season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Colorado has so much flexibility, why would they torpedo that to take on a goalie who wasn't even his team's starter in the playoffs? If you're taking one of the VGK goalies, you want Lehner.
    well yes but there is just one problem with that...
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Wizard

Francouz was not good when he played but he did get injured before Hutch got in...maybe why they lasted as long as they did lol
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Axe going all in on a 6 game sample of Francouz in a weird playoff but ignoring the much larger sample of both of them outplaying Fleury in the regular season by a wide margin in a much bigger sample lol. V on brand.

Fleury certainly wouldn't be an upgrade on Grubauer, and it's unlikely he's an upgrade on Francouz, and it's certainly not worth his contract to make that swap. I mean, Fleury hasn't even outplayed Hutchinson in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Francouz was not good when he played but he did get injured before Hutch got in...maybe why they lasted as long as they did lol
    Anyone watching those games knew Francouz was not playing well, and not playing anywhere near like he did pre-Covid. He was not the reason they got as far as they did LOL!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Anyone watching those games knew Francouz was not playing well, and not playing anywhere near like he did pre-Covid. He was not the reason they got as far as they did LOL!
    you didnt read it right....i was saying they got as far as they did because Francouz was injured and Hutch was in. Meaning if Francouz didnt get hurt they would have exit even earlier:P
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    you didnt read it right....i was saying they got as far as they did because Francouz was injured and Hutch was in. Meaning if Francouz didnt get hurt they would have exit even earlier:P
    Ahhhh, gotcha. Yes.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Avs don't make sense as both Grubauer and Fleury's chance of injury if you blow on them is equivalent. MAF is 35 going on 36 and nowhere near his peak anymore, any team investing in him has to be thinking the tandem approach. Buffalo is going to make some sort of splash with all this cap space and now more after acquiring Staal I believe who was cheaper than Mojo which is mind boggling. Fleury for them would absolutely be an upgrade between the pipes no question.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Fleury has a 10 team no-trade clause. He can pretty comfortably make that a 23-27 team no-trade list strategically.

MTL, FLA, TBL, NYR, PHX, NYI, LA, NSH, ANA, STL, DAL, WSH, PIT, VAN, PHI all either have an established high price goalie, a high price backup, are already trying to shed salary, or will just sign their expiring high priced goalie of similar age and performance before giving up assets to bring in a 35 year old goalie with 2 years left at $7 Mil. BOS and TOR are probably on the list too but who knows what happens with Rask/Andersen.

So essentially Vegas has less than 5 teams where they could trade Fleury. Previous reporting has indicated that he has no interest in playing in Canada, so presume his list includes CAL, EDM, WPG, OTT. Doubt he wants to go to a bottom feeder so add BUF, NJD, DET.

Eliminate 3 of CBJ, CAR, SJS, COL, MIN, CHI, and then ask yourself if the other three have interest in trading for a player like Fleury. It's going to be really tough for Vegas to trade Fleury anywhere this offseason with a flat cap.

I'm open to arguments as to why any of the 17 teams listed as not interested would want to take on MAF, even with Vegas eating 50%

Dobber Sports Monster

Nugget in Friedman's 31 thoughts:

"24. It would take a buyout, which I’m not sure Vegas wants to do in this economy, but would anyone really be surprised to see a Marc-Andre Fleury/Tristan Jarry tandem in Pittsburgh?"

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry