Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fleury, what about Colorado?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Fleury, what about Colorado?

He’s done in Vegas, I think Colorado would be a great fit.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Fleury, what about Colorado?

The Avs were a team that had crossed my mind when thinking about where he could land. A roadblock could be his $7M cap hit in 2021/22. The Avs only have 7 or 8 players signed for that season with guys like Makar and Landeskog need re-signing. Definitely a plausible destination.

Dobber Sports Wizard

for 7M they can land Markstrom or get Fleury production for 3-4M somewhere else. He is not what he used to be. I just dont see colorado going that route.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Colorado has so much flexibility, why would they torpedo that to take on a goalie who wasn't even his team's starter in the playoffs? If you're taking one of the VGK goalies, you want Lehner.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Maybe they go hard after Kuemper?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Sakic is going all in this coming season so this move wouldn't surprise me at all. I said this earlier this week in a different thread actually.

Colorado knows they have a window this year coming before Landeskog and Makar need new deals; Fleury would fit that window and would be an excellent fit for them IMO. Great locker room guy and experienced. Beauty!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

great locker room guys dont win cups i just dont think he has it anymore..
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Immortal

If the Blues miss out on AP then I would like to see Fleury in St Louis with Binnington.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    great locker room guys dont win cups i just dont think he has it anymore..
    That's just an added bonus.

I still think he's got lots in the tank and would be an excellent addition to Colorado.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

It wouldn't surprise me if Fleury ended up in Colorado. Either him or Holtby. I don't much like either goalie long-term, but Sakic strikes me as the kind of GM who would probably lend a little more credibility than he should to getting an "experienced" goalie on the Avs.

Not saying I agree, but both Fleury and Holtby have had playoff success, so I can see why a young team like the Avs could possibly benefit from having a veteran goalie who has been there before and can instill some confidence in his team. It is a little unfair, imo, to blame the Avs failings this past Fall on goal-tending, but if you look over their roster, there aren't a lot of gaps that need to be filled elsewhere, and all indications are that this team is going "all in" over the next season or two. Maybe having someone like Fleury or Holtby for a year or two isn't the worse idea.

Again, not my preference. If I were the Avs, I'd prefer someone like Markstrom or Keumper, but they'd cost a lot more to acquire. The goalie market sure is flooded right now, so it would be peanuts to get Fleury and Holtby probably won't cost much on the UFA market. I bet he'd sign with the Avs for a year or two for very little money.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Fleury ended up in Colorado. Either him or Holtby. I don't much like either goalie long-term, but Sakic strikes me as the kind of GM who would probably lend a little more credibility than he should to getting an "experienced" goalie on the Avs.

Not saying I agree, but both Fleury and Holtby have had playoff success, so I can see why a young team like the Avs could possibly benefit from having a veteran goalie who has been there before and can instill some confidence in his team. It is a little unfair, imo, to blame the Avs failings this past Fall on goal-tending, but if you look over their roster, there aren't a lot of gaps that need to be filled elsewhere, and all indications are that this team is going "all in" over the next season or two. Maybe having someone like Fleury or Holtby for a year or two isn't the worse idea.

Again, not my preference. If I were the Avs, I'd prefer someone like Markstrom or Keumper, but they'd cost a lot more to acquire. The goalie market sure is flooded right now, so it would be peanuts to get Fleury and Holtby probably won't cost much on the UFA market. I bet he'd sign with the Avs for a year or two for very little money.
    When you're down to relying on Michael Hutchinson to lead you into the Semi's, you've got goalie problems lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    When you're down to relying on Michael Hutchinson to lead you into the Semi's, you've got goalie problems lol
    Most teams are in trouble if their starter and backup are both injured.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Most teams are in trouble if their starter and backup are both injured.
    Their backup wasnt injured. He just played like crap.

Administrator

Really? Interesting...

https://twitter.com/ryan_s_clark/sta...14024930521089

Jared Bednar says if the #Avs kept playing that Gabriel Landeskog would have needed time to recover while Matt Calvert was close until having a set back.

Philipp Grubauer & Pavel Francouz were “a week or weeks away” which was the same with Joonas Donskoi and Erik Johnson.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Grubauer was injured, and I could be wrong but I also thought Francouz was injured at one point. He may have been on the bench towards the end, and perhaps was playing like crap, but I wonder if he was still dealing with some sort of injury? I can't rightly say. I just know that throughout the regular season Grubauer and Francouz provided reliable goal-tending, and although I admit to not watching much of Colorado in the playoffs, when your starter isn't in net due to injury, it is hard to blame losing on poor goal-tending.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98