Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] E. Staal to Sabres

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: [TRADE] E. Staal to Sabres

Was kinda hoping Staal would be centering Kaprisov and/or Fiala next year. This can’t help his point total.

Dobber Sports Pro

Winterpeg?? they need a dman - but which center back.
    LA? replace an old number 1 center with another in Carter? nah probably not
    Nashville - have Duchene and Turris but seems unlikely,
    RNH seems to make the most sense.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'm starting to think maybe a deal involving Winnipeg makes some sense...Roslovic and a 1st for Dumba?

Obviously Dumba makes a lot of sense for Winnipeg. Roslovic is a center. Not sure if he is a 1st line center, but maybe with Rask, Roslovic, and Bjugstad, the Wild can cobble together a few decent lines with average strength down the middle. I admit not knowing a lot about Roslovic, other than he seems like an under-utilized player in Winnipeg who maybe can do more with more opportunity. He's a big body and can certainly handle the puck. Not sure about face-offs, but Rask is a very good face-off player, so maybe it will be more of a 1A/1B situation with Rask taking a lot of the key face-offs in the defensive zone.
    Roslovic was my thought for Winnipeg, they are in need of a dman. Roslovic, Niku and a pick? As you say the question is around Roslovic.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I just read a Russo tweet that said Guerin is pretty high on Rask and wants to get him more playing time. After reading that, I think Rask is the #2 center on next year's opening day roster for Minnesota, with Bjugstad as the #3.

That doesn't change the Wild's need for a #1 center, but earlier I said perhaps Bjugstad was the #2 center. With Koivu and now Staal gone, I was wondering who the #2 center would be, and I forgot about Rask.
    I think I'd put Joel Eriksson ek and luke kunin above bjug and Rask at center.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    I think I'd put Joel Eriksson ek and luke kunin above bjug and Rask at center.
    Was just going to write this. JEE showed promise last year and Kunin is just starting to scratch the surface.

My first thought was Cirelli but the money doesn’t work out of it is indeed for Dumba. As for Roslovic, I just don’t see how or why Minny thinks he could handle being a top 6 forward let alone a #2C. It makes a lot of sense for Winnipeg to get Dumba but I think a pretty significant piece needs to move back...I’m thinking Heinola plus maybe a Roslovic type of deal.

Maybe St Louis makes some sense as well...a Dumba for Robby Thomas type move if Pietro moves on this year....soooo many possibilities though, it looks like this off-season may be an exciting one.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by jtloveshack View Post

My first thought was Cirelli but the money doesn’t work out of it is indeed for Dumba.
    I have $5.8M projected for Cirelli, so it's actually pretty close. Means TB would still have to shed a bunch, but Dumba makes RFAs Cernak and/or Sergachev expendable.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I have $5.8M projected for Cirelli, so it's actually pretty close. Means TB would still have to shed a bunch, but Dumba makes RFAs Cernak and/or Sergachev expendable.
    Good to know on Cirelli...but I think there is zero chance that Sergachev goes anywhere. He’s is their future anchor on the blue line and looking so good these playoffs.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm starting to think maybe a deal involving Winnipeg makes some sense...Roslovic and a 1st for Dumba?

Obviously Dumba makes a lot of sense for Winnipeg. Roslovic is a center. Not sure if he is a 1st line center, but maybe with Rask, Roslovic, and Bjugstad, the Wild can cobble together a few decent lines with average strength down the middle. I admit not knowing a lot about Roslovic, other than he seems like an under-utilized player in Winnipeg who maybe can do more with more opportunity. He's a big body and can certainly handle the puck. Not sure about face-offs, but Rask is a very good face-off player, so maybe it will be more of a 1A/1B situation with Rask taking a lot of the key face-offs in the defensive zone.
    I don't see Roslovic as a 2nd line C let alone a 1st line. If he was Im sure the Jets would have been using him as such but preferred to go with Copp. Would fit well as a 3C perhaps but yes I could see Roslovic as part of a bigger package.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Monster

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Only shirtless photos are allowed....lol

The Great One

Default Re: [TRADE] Eric Staal for Marcus Johansson

Montreal probably wants Dumba, but is Domi really a number 1 center?

No but Danault has been...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Monahan from the flames for Dumba could make some sense. The money is fairly even, Monahan steps in to play with Kaprizov and/or Fiala, and gets a fresh start. Calgary shakes things up and gets a much needed physical right shot Dman, not to mention a homecoming to Calgary for Dumba.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Monahan from the flames for Dumba could make some sense. The money is fairly even, Monahan steps in to play with Kaprizov and/or Fiala, and gets a fresh start. Calgary shakes things up and gets a much needed physical right shot Dman, not to mention a homecoming to Calgary for Dumba.
    Doesn’t make sense. Why trade away a center, a position where they are not particularly strong, for a D, a position where they are in decent shape? I don’t see this one.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Doesn’t make sense. Why trade away a center, a position where they are not particularly strong, for a D, a position where they are in decent shape? I don’t see this one.
    Yeah, from Calgary's side it doesn't make any sense.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    They can move Lindholm to the middle.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Dube
    Tkachuk-Backlund-Mangiapane
    Lucic-Bennett-Ryan

They won't be in decent shape on D once Brodie, Hamonic, Gustafsson and Forbort walk as free agents. That leaves Giordano, Hanifin, Andersson, Valimaki as their only (somewhat) proven defenders.