Thread: Kane for Hronek- did i eff up??!!

The Great One

Default Kane for Hronek- did i eff up??!!

So I purchased a team and like a kid in a candy store proceeded to make a flurry of trades. I was finding rookies carried a LOT of value but I kind of wrote it off as a youth bias. It wasnt until several trades when i looked at my team only to realize "dang- Ive never been in such a tight cap league!!" I was well over the cap (to the tune of 40 million or so). I managed to make a few trades that saved salary but would still qualify as "hockey trades" in that Id likely make them most of the time (or with in striking distance) even without the cap implications. In our format Gaudreau had both an added sum to his cap hit pushing him over 10 million AND decidedly single minded production in a league that is very much multi cat. I moved him in a reasonable trade- widely regarded as a "win" and recieved far less interest in Kane. I DID have one offer of Forberg and Arvidsson for Kane.

I went Kane for Hronek straight up- did I eff up?

Standard cats- pims DO count, +/- does NOIT- no bonus for dmen scoring.

I did however land a D man on ELC whose projected to hit 50ish and STILL be roughly a 100/100 guy in terms of hits and blocks. The bigger thing is that I was looking at my roster and I could almost cut Kane cleanly and still be competetive after my flurry of trades in my humble estimation. we start 12f 6d 2g and 6 bench.

Heres my roster POST trade. I feel like its still very competetive:

F- Matthews, Huberdeau, Barzal, Nylander, RNH, Vrana, Kaprizov, Burakovsky, Mikheyev, Pearson, Rakell, Virtanen
    D- Hamilton, Werenski, Ekholm, Hronek, Ghost Bear, Gudas
    G- Varlamov, Rittich
    Bench- Ullmark, Hutton, Nelson, D Gilbert, Ekblad

So I STILL have to shop Ekblad and Nelson for essentially anything I can get but I have Lehtonen as a guy I can promote internally and I feel like I can find at least one guy on the wire with promise or try to trade both for a goodplayer with a modest cotract BUT...

This trade leaves me with two relatively easy trade/drops away from being compliant and without any big holes in it imho. Dare I say it looks halfway competetive to me (16 team league). Ive caught some flack for it but Im not totally sure if that was sour grapes or this was a decidedly bad trade. I mean- the comish said Kane was borderline doppable in a tight cap system like ours and I got what I feel is like a top 30-40 asset in Hronek for him 9cap considered).

Ill be nice if I got chopped up here- Im looking for brutal honesty cause I feel like Im on an island with this one...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Kane for Hronek- did i eff up??!!

Which of these shirtless jokers?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

Which of these shirtless jokers?
    Patrick

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Patrick... ok.
    [Glad you quoted my post so we could see the pictures twice!!!]

Dobber Sports Titan

Aha. Really needed to see those pictures twice.

I like Hronek over Kane in a multicat cap league with a tight ceiling. Generally the name value of Kane might have gotten you more, but productive guys on ELCs are tough to find.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Hronek gonna be sneaky great this year... If this year ever happens...
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)